Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

have a $50 gc for Best Buy. going to just grab the best cheap open box 4k hdr for the bedroom

something in the 2-300 range

I've been running Roku ---->onkyo tr777 receiver --->Samsung 65 4k UHD

Crazy stuff, everything has been running great using ARC/Anynet+/CEC via all devices but last week some ish happened where there is now a communication issue where I can control everything with just one remote. Kinda sux since I loved the technology of that feature. Anyone else have issues or successful with that kind of setup?

Now, im just running youtubetv/netfflix via Samsungtv and completely bypassing the roku.

8K is really not even needed at this point.

4K is barely becoming the standard. Ask most folks if they even know the difference between 4K and 1080p. Most content is still 1080P and cable companies only providing their channels in 720p smh. I think Direct tv has some channels in 4K

Also, in the living room I have a 65 inch Vizio M series

Is there an affordable hdr/arc splitter on the market? Getting tired of having to get up and switch the hdmi when I play PS4 pro or when I plug the Apple TV in.

most are moving away from cable and satellite though and moving to streaming services and that is where 4k becomes more relevant but then again there are still a lot out there that do not have the capability to stream 4k properly

most are moving away from cable and satellite though and moving to streaming services and that is where 4k becomes more relevant but then again there are still a lot out there that do not have the capability to stream 4k properly

The bandwidth and infrastructure are simply not there presently. Watch a 4K Blu Ray and a 4K streaming video - difference is very clear.

8K is simply a 'tech innovation' to please investors. They just need to make sure that it up-scales current SD & HD content appropriately.

The bandwidth and infrastructure are simply not there presently. Watch a 4K Blu Ray and a 4K streaming video - difference is very clear.

i could tell for sure and the only reason i have an xbox one is to play 4k movies :lol:

but it is getting better, netflix 4k is delivering good content these days, it does help that i have fios connection

that arc/cec/anynet+ feature is hella annoying tho.....i may have to start researching an all in one remote.

why these companies so proud to announce these kinds of features but yet so buggy af. reading all the forums and its like hit or miss on devices. sux

that arc/cec/anynet+ feature is hella annoying tho.....i may have to start researching an all in one remote.

why these companies so proud to announce these kinds of features but yet so buggy af. reading all the forums and its like hit or miss on devices. sux

I agree with you. They pushing the tech and standards way too fast. Hell we had 240p content for decades and now they changing some tech or standards almost yearly.

I just want to watch NFL and NBA games in 4K. They barely even have any 4K highlight videos on YouTube

Hell we had 240p content for decades and now they changing some tech or standards almost yearly.

HDTV has been around since the 1980s, but it didn't catch on until the past decade because it was expensive and the bandwidth was too large to distribute.

technology just progresses so much faster these days

it seemed like just a few years ago i was buying 50gb/100gb external hard drives for $100-$200 and now they have 1tb sd cards

not much you can do about it, if you aren't constantly developing then you are just to keep falling farther and farther behind

There's a clear visual difference between 4k and 1080p if the 4k content is paired with dv or hdr

The difference between streaming 4k and 4k blu ray is in the audio, but you won't notice if your TV doesn't have the right audio setup

What I mean to say is that your TV alone isn't going to maximize the audio a 4k blu ray can give you

Last edited:
I just want to watch NFL and NBA games in 4K. They barely even have any 4K highlight videos on YouTube
It’s funny. I was watching the college football playoffs on the ESPN mobile app and it was streaming in 4k, 60fps. Ridiculously clear. I was able to cast it to my TV and the stream was much clearer than the cable broadcast. I wonder when NFL/NBA in 4k will be [widely] available. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any pro game in 4k.

the upcoming superbowl is supposedly going to use some 4k cameras again and adding some 8k too

i am not fully sure you'd be able to tell though

The world cup was broadcasted in 4k if you had certain tv's or streaming platforms

I think Fubo streams in 4k for a lot of sports content too

I think Dish had some CFB games in 4K this year as well

slowly getting there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom