Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Doesn't sound like you care much about the TV or have a specific feature you need, so here's a good 60 inch for less than that

I actually do care, i'm just not sure what to look for

That 60" is too big for my small bedroom

I actually do care, i'm just not sure what to look for

That 60" is too big for my small bedroom
What is your price range?

I think Samsung and Hisense have 43" under 400

I'm debating between the Sony A9s vesus the LG C1. have to do more research but so far, they are neck and neck.
From the reviews I’ve seen the Sony A90J isn’t $1000 better than the LG G1 which isn’t $500+ better than the step down C1.

Good news is you basically can’t go wrong. LG is better for gaming but its not like the Sony is bad. Sony has overall better color contrast but you wouldn’t know unless you had both TVs side-by-side. And again, its still not $1,000 better.

From the reviews I’ve seen the Sony A90J isn’t $1000 better than the LG G1 which isn’t $500+ better than the step down C1.

Good news is you basically can’t go wrong. LG is better for gaming but its not like the Sony is bad. Sony has overall better color contrast but you wouldn’t know unless you had both TVs side-by-side. And again, its still not $1,000 better.
well that's exactly my dilemma. both sets cost about the same and the performance and picture quality goes back and forth with each set practically only have a small marginal advantage over the other. I'm now debating between the WebOS vs Android functionality. also, both are perfect size, 48 inch. I guess I have to look at their sound quality too.

My 65” LG E8 has been making this high pitch chirping noise lately. It’s starting to drive me crazy. Anyone experience this before? It is coming from the back of the TV.

I used a sound bar for this TV first couple years I had it but since I moved to a new house in November I have just been using the TV internal speakers.

My 65” LG E8 has been making this high pitch chirping noise lately. It’s starting to drive me crazy. Anyone experience this before? It is coming from the back of the TV.

I used a sound bar for this TV first couple years I had it but since I moved to a new house in November I have just been using the TV internal speakers.
is it a whining noise?

Hard to describe its like a chirp/rattle and it’s not constant. More sound from TV more you hear it.
usually a rattle chirp is typical of a busted speaker. other than that, its power supply, busted capacitor and the likes. if you use the soundbar and eliminates the problem, then likely it's the speaker.

Moving into a new place in a couple weeks. Looking to spend $300ish on a 50-55 inch 4K TV What do yall recommend? I was mainly looking at Samsung, LG & Sony cuz those are the trusted brands, but are there any other good brands I should consider?

Moving into a new place in a couple weeks. Looking to spend $300ish on a 50-55 inch 4K TV What do yall recommend? I was mainly looking at Samsung, LG & Sony cuz those are the trusted brands, but are there any other good brands I should consider?

I could be mistaken, but $300 sounds ultra budget for a 50-55".
TCL is a pretty well-regarded brand; you can definitely grab a decent one sub-$500 if you can bump up your budget a little.

Almost impossible to find something decent within that budget, especially around your price range.

You won’t find much if anything for only $300 in that size. You’ll need at least $450 but for “decent” more like $500-$600. Might be able to save a few bucks with an open box deal.
Hisense U6G is the best all around. $580 for the 55” @ Bestbuy. Look for a TV that performs the best for your primary uses (gaming, HD movies, etc.) but understand you will be sacrificing in other areas at this price point.

20210719_132408.jpg

for me, it's a toss up between the C1 and A9s. close to getting an approval from the higher-ups to do a purchase.
For the price point and comparing the quality and performance to the q80/q90/qn90a and Sony a90 I choose the LG. They all have very good quality and performance but LG and Samsung have better pricing.

It was $1799 for a 55 inch, then discounted by $200 (I've seen $300) so I decided I'll go for it. That's about the same price I paid for a Samsung unf6300 8 years ago. Eventually I wanna get a ps5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could have got a "return" 65CX for $1500 if you live by a Microcenter... Was it a warranty replacement?

None of those brands will have offerings in that price range, especially at that size.

Your best bet is spending just a bit more for the TCL 6 series.

The TV looks a bit smaller than I thought, but the stand makes it look lower. My unit is brand new. But it should be fine for my living room size. 65 would have cost over $2G.

Oh you meant 65 inch cx, yeah. That would be about $300 more. Nah.

I set it up, I'll take a pic later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two pictures of a dog documentary. No other edits in the color/sharpness or photoshop etc. The picture mode was vivid, clarity or sharpness was at 10 only) of the c1. Looking beautiful before additional adjustments. Much better in person.
20210719_221837.jpg
20210719_221754.jpg

Somehow LG gave me some channels from Pluto TV. Maybe a limited time free subscription or something.

None of those brands will have offerings in that price range, especially at that size.

Your best bet is spending just a bit more for the TCL 6 series.
yea I figured I wouldnt have any luck with the top brands at that price. I been browsing and saw brands like Vizio and Hisense in that range. Not familiar with either brand but they look decent and have good reviews

My dad purchased a 50 inch Vizio 4k set from Best Buy like last month, maybe 2 months ago for like $330. I don't have the model # right now, but it had like a 6.7 rating on RTings.com if that means anything.

Not available on their website anymore, but Walmart might have it.

Back
Top Bottom