Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Is anyone firmly AGAINST mounting their TV? If so Why?

I am not sure if I care too much for it so just looking for some personal reasons as to why one should/shouldn't.

I come in peace.
I was against it. Never liked “looking up” to see the TV. Moved into a new house with a fireplace. Didn’t want to put a TV stand in front of it and it didn’t really “work” any place else in the living room. Then I found MantelMount and problem solved.

you dont have to mount it high, i have a tv mounted in my bedroom and its about leveled with the bed ~40“-45” off the ground

the one in the living rooms slightly higher at maybe 50”-60” above the ground and it never felt like i was looking up

i love mounted TVs, its just so much cleaner but that is also the key, making it clean and it takes more planning but the end result is usually better

Mounting tvs makes no sense to me. Spending thousands and getting a beautiful piece of equipment only to have the worst possible viewing angle. The science clearly shows that a slight look down angle onto a tv is the best - it’s why theatres are designed the way they are and no one wants the front seats.

Mounting tvs makes no sense to me. Spending thousands and getting a beautiful piece of equipment only to have the worst possible viewing angle. The science clearly shows that a slight look down angle onto a tv is the best - it’s why theatres are designed the way they are and no one wants the front seats.

no ones wants to sit in front because you cant see anything, its like putting your face a feet away from the tv :lol:

yall being too technical with it too, you can mount it 10” from the ground if you want :rofl:

I assumed we were talking mounting over a fireplace. As long as its eye level it doesn’t matter to me. If no fireplace, I’d mount (with hidden wires) and get a stand/enclosure to hide any components.

I want to mount the TV in our bedroom. It’s currently on the dresser and my wife keeps putting crap in front of the TV partially blocking the view. Annoys me to no end :lol:

original question didnt mention a fireplace so i thought it was just a generic wall mount feelings

Still waiting on the VRR update for my X900h.

I know Asia had the update rollout last week.

Is anyone firmly AGAINST mounting their TV? If so Why?

I am not sure if I care too much for it so just looking for some personal reasons as to why one should/shouldn't.

I come in peace.

I went against it.

Bought a 2 ft high tv stand and the tv is 1 ft away from the wall.

I want enough airflow from my tv and PS5 as much as possible. I like keeping everything dust free as much as i can so i clean the back of the tv with Endust wipes once a week.

TV is 8 ft away from where i sit.

Last edited:
20211018_175530.jpg

OD. I didn't mean to get this. I thought I had cancelled the order but it came today. Its absurdly big but it's a hassle to return, it won't fit in my whip. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So I just ordered a 75" Samsung QN90A QLED since
A) I got it under $2300 after taxes
B) I used someone's credit card I "borrowed"

I'm now kind of hesitant about the size cause where I sit is only about 4.5-5 ft max from the TV. It's a small apartment, like 300 sq ft.

Will this feel like a movie theater or am I going to go blind.

Ok guys so Im looking at a 75 inch decent quality budget TV. Narrowed it down to the Hisense U7G and the TCL 6 Series. Leaning towards the Hisense but I love the Roku integration. What are youg guys' thoughts? Theyre both around 1300 right now.

Ok guys so Im looking at a 75 inch decent quality budget TV. Narrowed it down to the Hisense U7G and the TCL 6 Series. Leaning towards the Hisense but I love the Roku integration. What are youg guys' thoughts? Theyre both around 1300 right now.

When i was looking into buying my tv i did research on both tvs you mentioned.

Both have a brightness issue so i went against either of them.

When i was looking into buying my tv i did research on both tvs you mentioned.

Both have a brightness issue so i went against either of them.
this is why I don't recommend products that I'm biased against. eventhough there seems to be a good word of mouth especially for TCL, I couldn't recommend it because of the manufacturer's standing. my folks for example bought a few of their tvs for a premium and one went after less than 2 years (out of warranty). the repair on them wouldn't make sense as the cost is pretty much close to buying a new one.

this is why I don't recommend products that I'm biased against. eventhough there seems to be a good word of mouth especially for TCL, I couldn't recommend it because of the manufacturer's standing. my folks for example bought a few of their tvs for a premium and one went after less than 2 years (out of warranty). the repair on them wouldn't make sense as the cost is pretty much close to buying a new one.

That's usually the case when you buy anything that is cheap tho.

Smart TV stuff is usually irrelevant to me because they're busy, laggy and underpowered so i'm always going to use my own device. Even that $20 Walmart Onn streaming device is better than most smart tv functions.

Back
Top Bottom