Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

not sure when they are going to release the new micro-led tech tvs. but if rumors hold true this year and depending on how much of a price drop the oled tvs go, hopefully $700, then that would be the time I would considering venturing to oled. mature technology and cheaper and better implemented processing.

Isn't there a burn-in problem with OLED tvs?

Noob question, is it hard to mount a TV? Planning on doing it this time around.

When I moved into my previous apartment, the mngt told me that they can mount my TV on the wall for free. What they don't tell you is when you move out, you best believe they're going to charge you to repair the holes. Tacking on another deduction to your security deposit. Of course, I declined. :lol:

LG released US pricing for the 2021 OLEDs. Leaked prices were off by couple hundred across the board. 65” G1 going for 3k. Again, still a considerable drop from last year’s release prices.

And to correct what I said before regarding brightness, LG claimed a 20% increase in brightness with the evo panels - not double. Some reviewers have begun testing and basically said you won’t get that 20% increase under normal use cases with optimal picture quality. But it is noticeably brighter.

I’m curious to see the Sony A90J vs G1.

Grabbed a TCL 5 series today from Best Buy. Haven't got a chance to mess around with it yet, but looking forward to viewing some 4K content soon.

Attachments

• 20210325_121042.jpg
    20210325_121042.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 92
  • 20210325_125557.jpg
    20210325_125557.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 262
77 inch oleds at 3000. Wowsers. Sounds tempting.
Steer clear of the A1. 60hz refresh rate. Better off looking for last year’s 77” CX. BB has it for sale at $3250. A1 launches at $3200.

If you have the cash and are in the market, I wouldn’t even wait. I think CXs will be hard to come by once the reviews for A1s come out.

Alright fellas, I’m the market.
i want no less then a 75.
mainly movies, ton of Netflix, Hulu, Disney andsports, Interface i hope is clean and easy. I don’t mind using my PS, but using one controller is preferable. Not looking to drop more then 4K

i game too not too much now a days. But will hook up the PS5. Play some COD, etc.

this any good?

B1416D1B-0133-4807-A7D3-F97FB4669299.png

Last edited:
I'm going for the 65" TCL 6 Series.

Sidenote, is it still not safe to lay tv flat during shipment? Figured to have the TV shipped to me instead of picking up for the chance of damaging it.

mainly movies, ton of Netflix, Hulu, Disney andsports, Interface i hope is clean and easy. I don’t mind using my PS, but using one controller is preferable. Not looking to drop more then 4K

i game too not too much now a days. But will hook up the PS5. Play some COD, etc.

this any good?

60Hz panel, BIG NO !
I'd rather have a small screen with a fast refresh rate. the motion when watching movies and sports would really be bad and noticeable. buying the TU7000 is synonymous to buying a 4x4 truck with a sedan engine.

this any good?

Get this instead, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...4k-uhd-smart-tizen-tv/6402403.p?skuId=6402403, if you're planning on hooking it up to your PS5. Has one 2.1 HDMI port. Or this, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...4k-uhd-smart-tizen-tv/6451487.p?skuId=6451487, which is the newest version.

I have the 55" from last year.

60Hz panel, BIG NO !
I'd rather have a small screen with a fast refresh rate. the motion when watching movies and sports would really be bad and noticeable. buying the TU7000 is synonymous to buying a 4x4 truck with a sedan engine.

This isn't true. Film is recorded at 24p so having a TV that handles that is more important for movies. VRR is supposed to be a big deal... Also playing games in 60fps is very adequate... you're gonna have to choose between 4k/60 or 1080/120. I personally prefer higher resolution over higher frame rates 9/10 times.

Still, my next TV will have VRR, but I doubt it will make a HUGE difference. I hate 120hrz refresh rate in video/movies.

This isn't true. Film is recorded at 24p so having a TV that handles that is more important for movies. VRR is supposed to be a big deal... Also playing games in 60fps is very adequate... you're gonna have to choose between 4k/60 or 1080/120. I personally prefer higher resolution over higher frame rates 9/10 times.

Still, my next TV will have VRR, but I doubt it will make a HUGE difference. I hate 120hrz refresh rate in video/movies.
it's not about the film recording, I'm talking about the perception of motion. but if your eyes can tolerate some skip ball movements or puck shots in sports, or jittery skip frames in certain movie scenes, who am I to judge. games on the otherhand is manageable even with 60fps, going higher than that is more of preference and most likely fluidity. you believe what you want to believe, but people could see the difference. possibly what you are complaining about is soap opera effect.

This will clear up the refresh rate misconceptions. There is a section that breaks down why 120hz panels are better suited to handle 24fps content.

The refresh rate isn’t everything. Gotta look at the processor and configuration capabilities too. And personal preference and perception do play a role. I have a friend that likes ultra smooth motion/soap opera effect. It gives me a headache :lol:

For large screen regular viewing (cable/streaming and movies, no gaming) I personally would never recommend a 60hz panel based on my experience. That isn’t to say you can’t make do. The total offerings found in TVs with 120hz panel usually make for better viewing experience across use cases.

This will clear up the refresh rate misconceptions. There is a section that breaks down why 120hz panels are better suited to handle 24fps content.

The refresh rate isn’t everything. Gotta look at the processor and configuration capabilities too. And personal preference and perception do play a role. I have a friend that likes ultra smooth motion/soap opera effect. It gives me a headache :lol:

For large screen regular viewing (cable/streaming and movies, no gaming) I personally would never recommend a 60hz panel based on my experience. That isn’t to say you can’t make do. The total offerings found in TVs with 120hz panel usually make for better viewing experience across use cases.

I would say that in a somewhat static scenario, the difference doesn't look that much dramatic but does have a difference especially to those who have adjusted to 120hz over 60hz panel viewing. it does show a massive difference like in action movies (panning shots in particular) or anything with quick sudden movements. in sports like watching F1, Nascar, Ice Hockey, basketball, tennis one can clearly follow the movement of certain objects on screen due to the fluidity of motion. ever wonder why sometimes the object disappears. this is why I am missing the Plasma Tv's so much since they are so smooth yet doesn't produce that soap opera effect that makes some people sick.

as far as PC gaming in particular is concerned, I can live with a 60hz refresh panel as I'm well adjusted to it, especially with competitive gaming. a higher refresh monitor though for me is a luxury to view a much smoother gaming experience but doesn't really affect my gaming performance at all. since I'm no longer competing, I'd go for the better viewing experience.

however, when it comes to movies and sports, I could never go back to a 60hz panel. if anyone has doubts, there are a lot of reviewers on youtube and in the internet that could tell you while 60hz panel is still acceptable, it just doesn't give you that better experience overall. there is a reason why lower refresh panels are cheaper in comparison to a higher refresh rate panel (native refresh and not that marketing motion rate b.s.)

I was able to get the 65" a couple weeks ago for $1530 on base.
A lot of people hate this TV, specially folks in AVSForum :lol: , because of the dirty screen effect, but i'm glad mine wasn't as bad. Probably the best TV i own. I should have waited for the QN90A (newest version), but oh well. How's yours?

Back
Top Bottom