Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

I
I've had sound systems in the past and have many friends with premium ones. I'm not impressed. For the purpose of just watching movies the native sound from my 85 inch TV will suffice.
From your previous statements, you don't appear like someone claiming to be. Regardless of that, it's your choice.

I have a soundbar and fine with it... I would like a surround sound but my neighbors at my condo complain about any little noise meanwhile they noisey themselves...
I remember a neighbor like that. So annoying. House partying all night for several years. During moving out day and myself disassembling stuff, the idiot has the audacity to complain.

Yeah these new tvs nowadays have trash speakers. Even the top of the line models from each brand.

I don't know what yall are hearing but my TV is crisp. I'm upstairs working and can hear everything permeating through the house from downstairs sharp.

I just think a sound bar is redundant.

was it just me of did they not have good tv deals this past superbowl weekend?

was hoping to check out a 65" c1 at a decent price

Yeah i'm tempted to pickup either another C1 or a Samsung frame joint, those microcenter refurb prices are good. I'm a tech inclined savvy shopper though so something being merely refurbed doesn't bother me.

Also not saying it's the case with the microcenter refurbs (because it isn't) but when I worked at a company that made electronics the refurbs were preferable because instead of the just the mass manufacturing process, the refurb was hand repaired with new parts and tested so it was essentially a better product.

That said though the tips i've seen so far for the MC refurbs is try to find one in the retail box, with really low usage hours.

was it just me of did they not have good tv deals this past superbowl weekend?

was hoping to check out a 65" c1 at a decent price

they were decent not great... i felt like black friday was slightly cheaper...but i ended up copping the 75in sony x90j... it was great for superbowl and all star weekend...still have to hook up the ps5 to that joint

Anyone have recommendations in soundbars and subs? Always been a Sonos guys but keep seeing Samsung and JBL having great sound bars and subs.

Recommendations and why

Yeah i'm tempted to pickup either another C1 or a Samsung frame joint, those microcenter refurb prices are good. I'm a tech inclined savvy shopper though so something being merely refurbed doesn't bother me.

Also not saying it's the case with the microcenter refurbs (because it isn't) but when I worked at a company that made electronics the refurbs were preferable because instead of the just the mass manufacturing process, the refurb was hand repaired with new parts and tested so it was essentially a better product.

That said though the tips i've seen so far for the MC refurbs is try to find one in the retail box, with really low usage hours.
just be careful of those refurbs. some refurbs are not really refurbs but repacked returned items. there was one tech guy on youtube that called out microcenter about that I believe. some are bestbuy, some even at newegg.

A returned item would still have full manufacturer warranty... so if you can find an open box item with out cosmetic damage, burn in, or a ****load of hours... nothing wrong with that.

Yeah no ****, like I said I'm savvy enough to spot the gems.

YouTubers can be self important sensationalists that pick out the outliers for views, especially the big tech ones with the serious face screenshot and alarmist text.

Anyone have recommendations in soundbars and subs? Always been a Sonos guys but keep seeing Samsung and JBL having great sound bars and subs.

Recommendations and why
I've got a Sony soundbar thats pretty good

Rockville audio sub that does a good job

Seen Amazon has the LG C1 65" for 1697 which is bout 800 off and cheapest I've seen new if anybody looking

Yesterday I got myself the C1 65" :pimp: from Best Buy. Huge upgrade from my old TV which was a cheap 55" Toshiba I got for 250 back in 2015...

Waiting for my sonos soundbar to come in..

PSX_20220410_143635.jpg

Its crazy how thin the TV is... even thinner than my phone lol

Last edited:

really surprised by a samsung oled, coulda sworn they were bashing em a few years back :rofl:

New or old OLED, it still better than none Oled.

Talking about OLEDs they are flying off the shelves man .... the price is ridiculously low.

Waiting for a comparison between LG’s first and second gen evo panels vs Sony & Samsung QD-OLEDs. Have my eyes on a G1 assuming I can get a great deal but the reviews of QD-OLEDs have been very positive. I could hold out another year but I’m beyond ready to replace the bedroom B7. So much burn in over the years lol

Back
Top Bottom