Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Debating on getting a new TV. Currently have a 65" Sony x85D from 2017. Moved into a new house and how my bonus room is set up, a 75" would look pretty good in the space. Not sure if I should stay with 65" and go OLED, or go with the bigger 75" non OLED.

Mainly play PS5 and watch sports. Any thought on these?
Screenshot_20211119-204147_Brave.jpg
for gaming, C1. everything else is fair game.

Anyone have the LG A1? Looking to upgrade the B7 in the bedroom.

Don’t need a flagship but trying to stick with OLED. A1 seems to fit the bill but a little worried about the 60hz panel, even if its just for basic streaming and the rare movie.

Anyone have the LG A1? Looking to upgrade the B7 in the bedroom.

Don’t need a flagship but trying to stick with OLED. A1 seems to fit the bill but a little worried about the 60hz panel, even if its just for basic streaming and the rare movie.
60hz? Are you trying to downgrade?

60hz? Are you trying to downgrade?
Not intentionally, just want to save a few bucks. Burn in messing up the color accuracy and lack of Airplay getting to me. I figure the A1 should be good enough for a bedroom TV but I haven’t had 60hz panel in years. The BX/CX 65” supply has pretty much dried up otherwise I’d go that route.

If you're near a microcenter they have 55 inch LG CX refurb for 799, wild.

damn, sale must be over already. showing up as $1300 for me

Debating on getting a new TV. Currently have a 65" Sony x85D from 2017. Moved into a new house and how my bonus room is set up, a 75" would look pretty good in the space. Not sure if I should stay with 65" and go OLED, or go with the bigger 75" non OLED.

Mainly play PS5 and watch sports. Any thought on these?
Screenshot_20211119-204147_Brave.jpg
Went to bestbuy and they had the A80J and X90J close by...the 75" seems like it would be sick, but the blacks on the A80J were unmatched...think I'm leaning towards one of the OLEDs

Not intentionally, just want to save a few bucks. Burn in messing up the color accuracy and lack of Airplay getting to me. I figure the A1 should be good enough for a bedroom TV but I haven’t had 60hz panel in years. The BX/CX 65” supply has pretty much dried up otherwise I’d go that route.
if you are not gaming, the A80J and A9s are good alternatives to the CX or C1. the 60hz panel is not worth the savings and there is a great reason why the price discrepancy is as such. you are not merely paying for something like a missing app feature on a new tv.

I got the 65A90J.. best tv on the market in my opinion.. however you going to pay for the OLED… if you don’t want to drop that much bread on an OLED.. I’d say go for the 85X95J .. it’s on LED… but it’s probly the best on the market.. for the price of a 65 OLED.. you can get an 85 LED

our tv for 8 years finally showed it's age and end of life. for several days, it's volume was just all over the place and the apps were also all over the place like my netflix and youtube are playing at the same time or that the youtube panel is just displayed while playing Netflix. just last night, the volume finally went kaput and told the wife about it. without any resistance and hesitation, she immediately agreed to get it replaced by tomorrow. guess she can't live without watching her netflix shows on tv. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would love the get the C2 but the thing is not yet out, so I'm just going for the C1 instead.

Cant go wrong with any OLED esoecially newer ones with VRR (if youre a gamer). Do yourself a favor and invest in some surround sound and move the old TV to another room.

Cant go wrong with any OLED esoecially newer ones with VRR (if youre a gamer). Do yourself a favor and invest in some surround sound and move the old TV to another room.
got my own home theater system. I'm using a 3.1 setup which is more than enough juice to pump up the sound. the old tv is going to be sold, if not, send to the garbage. that's how I knew the tv is screwed since my sound system isn't even getting any signal.

Yeah that is weird... worst case yiu can connect your devices directly to the AVR if ARC isnt working. Have you tried a factory reset?

Yeah that is weird... worst case yiu can connect your devices directly to the AVR if ARC isnt working. Have you tried a factory reset?
yup. nothing. also, the firmware is outdated considering it's an 8 year old tv so support for it is nil. tv volume not working, avr arc connection also not working. more likely, the board or some of it's capacitors is toast. as I said, for several days, the volume seems to be getting lower and lower each day. like it is slowly dying til you can't hear it breathe anymore.

I want to get some type of sound system but my TV is already loud as hell.
if your only purpose is loudness, then getting a sound system is pointless. if your purpose is enhancing the viewing and listening experience and sound quality, then getting a sound system is good.

if your only purpose is loudness, then getting a sound system is pointless. if your purpose is enhancing the viewing and listening experience and sound quality, then getting a sound system is good.

The sound quality on the TV is good as well I just don't see the point.

You wont until youve watch a movie or play a game with a nice 5.1 set up.
I would have opted to have a 5.1 set up but the wife doesn't allow it. too many wires lying around which she hated. the only thing that is missing are the rear speakers for complete surround. other than that, my 3.1 is fine so far. have to configure it with the new tv set once I get it in.

I do miss my Harman Kardon receiver. that thing produced one of the most realistic sound. always get fooled every time.

well that's because you haven't had one.
I
I've had sound systems in the past and have many friends with premium ones. I'm not impressed. For the purpose of just watching movies the native sound from my 85 inch TV will suffice.

I have a soundbar and fine with it... I would like a surround sound but my neighbors at my condo complain about any little noise meanwhile they noisey themselves...

Back
Top Bottom