Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

after 3 or 4 years, our 2nd unit of LG TV is shot. this makes me really disappointed as I was hoping to upgrade to an LG OLED. in a span of 7-8 years, both tv are toast. if such quality is this bad, I might as well invest on getting a top end HiSense U8G for cheaps. although my dream tv would still be the Samsung Neo OLED or Sony OLED which would be stretching my budget.

What's the difference between miniLED and OLED?
durability, burn-in tendencies, brightness, colors, black and contrast levels.

OLED uses organic light emitting diode which decays over time.
mini-led uses smaller multiple diodes within an area of a screen.

durability, colors and burn-in is advantage of the mini-led
black levels and contrast is an oled advantage

so far. they are getting pretty close to each other.

I love OLED but I'm leaning now more towards mini-led.

durability, burn-in tendencies, brightness, colors, black and contrast levels.

OLED uses organic light emitting diode which decays over time.
mini-led uses smaller multiple diodes within an area of a screen.

durability, colors and burn-in is advantage of the mini-led
black levels and contrast is an oled advantage

so far. they are getting pretty close to each other.

I love OLED but I'm leaning now more towards mini-led.

My undersranding is the color contrast on miniLED is more precise. I can kinda tell but its probably not a big deal lol

OLEDs have infinite contrast so what does more percise even mean?

Lol i have no idea. And theres no such thing as "infinite contrast". That sounds like alien technology.

There is a whole science to testing the resolution and contrast of monitors that ive looked into for my job and it just gave me a headache.

For entertainment I just see how "pretty" it looks. :lol:

Screenshot_20220917-025515_Chrome.jpg

Basically back in the day in the early 1080p era, when plasma was king... TVs used to be measured in contrast ratios, which was the difference between the brightest white and the darkest black. At the time the Pioneer Kuro plasma screen was the best TV that money could buy, followed by the Panasonic VT series. Waaay down the line from that I believe the Sony XBR4 was the best LCD at the time, and much like how OLED technology is far better than any LCD on the market, the perfected plasma screens were far and away better that any other TV technology at the time. Look up and reviews from those years, its a well known fact, not opinion, because you could actually measure the contrast ratios and they were used in marketing as well kind of like how they used nits to measure brightness now... however just comparing brightness alone (nits) does mean **** because if your TV cannot achieve perfect black levels it really doesnt matter when the screen can look washed out and somewhat grey in comparison.

I used to sell TVs almost 2 decades ago... I still keep up with the technology, and all I am trying to say that right now, OLED screens are the best type of TVs on the market today and its not just an opinion its a fact. Comparing the build quality of some cheap *** LG LCD vs. the top of the line OLED... thats like comparing an entry level Android phone that Cricket gives away for free vs. a flagship Samsung Galaxy phone, or on a lesser level, comparing a Jordan 1 mid vs. the Jordan Pinnacle series. IE, not an apples to apples comparison.

I only judge people here with weak set-ups that spend thousands of dollars a year on shoes. No reason you should be paying resale prices on your 100th pair of shoes you dont need when your TV is by modern standards looking like a floor tube TV. They over there dquinting talm bout what PEs is he wearing on the court

Screenshot_20220917-025515_Chrome.jpg

Basically back in the day in the early 1080p era, when plasma was king... TVs used to be measured in contrast ratios, which was the difference between the brightest white and the darkest black. At the time the Pioneer Kuro plasma screen was the best TV that money could buy, followed by the Panasonic VT series. Waaay down the line from that I believe the Sony XBR4 was the best LCD at the time, and much like how OLED technology is far better than any LCD on the market, the perfected plasma screens were far and away better that any other TV technology at the time. Look up and reviews from those years, its a well known fact, not opinion, because you could actually measure the contrast ratios and they were used in marketing as well kind of like how they used nits to measure brightness now... however just comparing brightness alone (nits) does mean **** because if your TV cannot achieve perfect black levels it really doesnt matter when the screen can look washed out and somewhat grey in comparison.

I used to sell TVs almost 2 decades ago... I still keep up with the technology, and all I am trying to say that right now, OLED screens are the best type of TVs on the market today and its not just an opinion its a fact. Comparing the build quality of some cheap *** LG LCD vs. the top of the line OLED... thats like comparing an entry level Android phone that Cricket gives away for free vs. a flagship Samsung Galaxy phone, or on a lesser level, comparing a Jordan 1 mid vs. the Jordan Pinnacle series. IE, not an apples to apples comparison.

as far as picture quality, how does the kuro stack up to the upper end oled's out right now?

I talked about this in the college football thread, but directv has been showing college games in 4k....and man....the difference is amazing!

I just wish there was more programing on Directv that is in 4k.

Wonder how long it'll take channels in general to reach 4K if ever. I know alot of stuff is 720p still

OLED is better technology, so even a budget OLED will out perform a Kuro.
I would still consider a plasma tv to this day, especially if they are selling for sub 500. the motion smoothness and detail in the contrast is still amazing. I can only imagine a 4K content in plasma.

I don’t really much desire for 4k at the moment.

I thought PS5 would make me want a 4k tv but I don’t have much time to game anymore, so even getting a PS5 doesn’t seem worth it. Plus theres still a back log of PS4 games I haven’t played.

1080p content is quicker to download as well.

I only judge people here with weak set-ups that spend thousands of dollars a year on shoes. No reason you should be paying resale prices on your 100th pair of shoes you dont need when your TV is by modern standards looking like a floor tube TV. They over there dquinting talm bout what PEs is he wearing on the court

Who are you and why are you judging another man’s spending habits?

On the internet?

Weirdo.

Back
Top Bottom