Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Ugh, this again...

🤣🤣🤣
Let me clarify. I have had 2 friends, that are in my "gaming group" suffer from burn in on their oled screens.
My old phone, which used an oled screen, suffered from terrible burn in from me playing a game non stop on the phone.

Plenty of people have had no issues with burn in. But some people have.

However lg, and sony are bringing a 49 inch oled to market in a few months that is aimed specifically for gamers. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️ so do your research. And choose wisely.

I will even say, I'm waiting on that oled to release to look at reviews and specs before I purchase a dedicated gaming monitor for myself.

Decide for yaself.

Ugh, this again...

i mean it is a possibility and a risk and i get it, you're a huge proponent of oled like you have stock in it but it never hurts for people to know

there are people who do not want to risk it and oled isnt always the only option

I've already decided for myself, 3 OLEDs in, used mostly as a PC monitor and for gaming. No burn in on any of them. If you use it responsibly then it is not an issue. If you literally only play a single game 12 hours a day that has static hubs then you MIGHT have an issue (if you turn off the screen shift). Even if you do have a monster gaming session, you can run pixel refresh afterwards. Please stop spreading misinformation, it's like telling someone they shouldn't drive because they could die in a car accident.

or you can also just say the pros and cons for each not 'ONLY BUY OLEDS ALL DAY EVERYDAY"

its not misinformation if it happens even if its rare and only on certain instances

dude was just talking about his experience and it wasnt pleasant, its great you are 3/3 with oleds, he didnt

i do play a single game, monster hunter with 1500+ hours already (probably close to 2000 hours now)

its not misinformation because it is the biggest known issue and really only issue with oleds, everyone knows its great

i am not sure why you are mad when people suggest something else you aren't vouching for :lol:

I never said ONLY BUY OLED, in fact I just recommended an LCD for one of the posters above. Dude wasn't talking about HIS experience, he was talking about his friend's.

If you have the $ and care about picture quality then OLED is the best choice as it is superior technology. It's as simple as that.

its still his experience if his friends uses it and it failed on them :lol: that is still something you take into account when making a purchase even if its not first hand

and dude clearly said his oled phone had a burn in too, not a tv but similar tech

its really not as simple as you say it is because not everyone's need are the same, yes if you got money and want th ebest picture possible and do not want a risk of burn in because you play games for thousands of hours and arent in a dark room all the time, etc... yes oled is great, its as close to the best quality you can get in the market for use plebes but its not always the best option and you aint got to get all uppity when someone says otherwise

:lol:

i do enjoy them and have no regrets and no worries with having to worry about replacing my tv

i didnt even say do your research, i know you know your oleds, that is very apparent

and that link is misleading :lol: it does say best OLED TV for gaming but it clearly meant to pick from the rest of OLED and then they go the best LED, best FreeSync, best Burget, etc... dont pass it like an article about "the best gaming 4k is OLED"

:rofl:

but hey thats what you base your "research" on then be my guest, at least read the article before picking the top result from google :lol:

i am all about being fair and have no hate for oleds but really you should have used this article which pits all of the kinds of tvs against each other, OLED vs LED vs QLED, etc... and ranked oled as the #1 for gaming:

but for more info, while oled won, each has pros and cons:

OLED:
+ Incredible black levels
+ Pin-sharp, ultra-thin panel
+ Comes with G-sync
- 4K game mode only 60Hz
- QLED colors are richer

QLED
+ The best TV picture available
+ Has HDR 2000
+ Freesync compatible, and has a great Game Mode
- Limited viewing angle

even this article picks an oled

i am not going to go back and forth with you because it fruitless, just have the title changed to "buy nothing but OLED because slaughterx said so and nothing else matters and because 'research' "

Last edited:
now the laughing faces has you triggered :lol:

and i just agreed and posted two much more valid links/articles for your argument and you still aint happy

no ones even arguing oleds greatness

how much stock you got on lg?

but in all serioussness, vizio entering the oled race this year is a game changer, prices are going to drop immensely and there isnt a better time to try it if you can wait a little bit, not exactly sure when they come out

Back
Top Bottom