Anyone here a member of Gold's Gym?

I am opting not to renew the contract at my current gym. The upped the fees to $605 for the year....there is a Gold's Gym not too far from my house,but I can't find any membership prices on their website. For anyone who is a member, what do you pay (monthly or yearly), and how do you like it?

Damn 605 yearly
eek.gif
I pay 240 yearly and their is another gym thats 20monthly but weights section is weak.

I paid like 120 up front 2 yrs ago and 30 a month. Everybodies contract there varies based on deals and promotions. My contract is up in August though, so Imight switch to a cheaper spot, planet fitness.

I'm not going to renew when my contract is up in september, but i've always gotten 18 months for $500. and the guy called the other day and offered me6 months free, so 2 years for $500.
This is Gold's in Hawthorne, CA BTW.
$605 for the year is outrageous...
eek.gif

-J-

It's worth it, I used to be a member when I was younger.

You need to dedicate yourself to going routinely. Take advantage of classes/training.

The way I see it, 605 to actually better youself rather than getting out of shape (like me) is a bargain.

For everything you'll have available to you it's actually a steal...

Or you could go the P90X route, whatever you do dedication and focus seems to be the key.

The $605 to me isn't worth it because I don't use all of the amenities (sp?). If I took advantage of the classes, pool, etc then I could justifyspending the $600+ for the membership. However, I only use the weight room and cardio equipment....I don't want to pay that amount of money ONLY to use asmall portion of what they offer. I figure I would find somethign a little cheaper that suited what I actually use when I go to the gym.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Damn 605 yearly
eek.gif
I pay 240 yearly and their is another gym thats 20 monthly but weights section is weak.

wouldn't this make your gym and the other gym the same price?

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Damn 605 yearly
eek.gif
I pay 240 yearly and their is another gym thats 20 monthly but weights section is weak.

wouldn't this make your gym and the other gym the same price?

-waystinthyme

No because the gym thats 240 there is a annual fee of 60 where you pay 30 when you join and then 30 again after 6 months. They take 20 monthly, where as my gymit's 240 for a whole year up front, and I got a month free on top of that because the lady was cool like that.
wink.gif

Ive learned at different Gold Gym's they have totally different prices

When I was at the one on Industrial PKWY in Silver Spring I was paying 45 a month and it was small

Now at the one inside of City Place I pay 35 a month and its way bigger with more options

$240 a year for me. LAF & I still think i'm paying a lot LOL but I know cats that recently joined paying $540/year

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

How is 605 outrageous?

New york sports club is on par w/ that price.

I swear people around here don't read...
smh.gif

he's going to pay $605 for 1 year.
I was offered, by Gold's Gym, $500 for 2 years.
simple math really....
$50 a month gym membership FTL

-J-

for golds around my way i pay 26$ a month or 225$ for a year.......605 is crazy, I wonder if they have different prices for different areas?

i pay 23 dollars a month. for me, it's perfect. plenty of treadmills and all the weights/machines that i ever use

Back
Top Bottom