Anyone here have a sports scholarship in college or walk on, been recruited etc?

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Played D1 soccer at the University of Maryland under one of my mentors, Coach Cirovski. 

We won a national title in 2005, and although I didn't play in the final, it remains one of the greatest moments of my life. Maurice Edu, Chris Seitz, and Robbie Rogers were all on that team, but funnily enough we won on it all on a deflected free kick.
laugh.gif

4821666a901e8cd1b3200277084fce5ad3d6daaa_r.jpg

pimp.gif

/humblebrag

Sasho is a good dude.  I don't regret playing at Duke but I wouldn't have mind playing for a coach like Sasho.

Senior night plaque currently hanging up in my room.
198959_743686144854_1300310_38364532_5702433_n.jpg

Pic from freshman year at Duke
224076_511392193794_1300310_30075692_2841_n.jpg

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

played d3, coulda went d1 if i wanted.

Sounds like every bro during freshman year of college:
"yeah, I could have went D1, but..."

A. I tore my ACL

B. The coach hated me

C. My team was bad

D. I had to take care of my dying grandmother

Pick one

haha i was kidding..it was a reference to one of the memes in the meme thread...

I've known a couple guys who had great potential, but piss it all away because of grades or just wanting to smoke weed
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I've known a couple guys who had great potential, but piss it all away because of grades or just wanting to smoke weed
30t6p3b.gif

Aint that the truth. I have two cousins who had  offers from ACC, MAC and Big Ten schools. One went and flunked out while the other one never went. The one that never went is now playing "semi-pro" football somewhere. What a waste of talent.

I've got the opportunity to walk on to the Quinnipiac baseball team and I'll most likely do so. If I do I'll be the 6th kid from my high school team to do so.
We've got a guy going to USC (South Carolina), ODU, UNC Greensboro, Pitt Community College, and CNU. I'll never forget this team cause we were probably the best squad in VA history, South County Secondary if anyone cares to look it up.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

30t6p3b.gif

Aint that the truth. I have two cousins who had  offers from ACC, MAC and Big Ten schools. One went and flunked out while the other one never went. The one that never went is now playing "semi-pro" football somewhere. What a waste of talent.

all the kids with bad grades through high school get coaches to talk to teachers to pass them with C's. Eventually it catches up to most of them
eyes.gif

I was All-State California my senior year of High School, I didn't clear NCAA clearinghouse on some freak mistake, ended up having to go the JC route where I was an All-American this past season 
pimp.gif
 and I had probably 20+ D1 schools contacting me, with 2 offering me the first day they could and I really never want to leave San Diego so I committed to USD, where I'll be starting in the fall

Ran track/cross country at a DII school, but I was fortunate enough to run against all 3 divisions. It was hilarious
though getting letters/offers from different colleges 3 years after i was already signed.

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

I was All-State California my senior year of High School, I didn't clear NCAA clearinghouse on some freak mistake, ended up having to go the JC route where I was an All-American this past season 
pimp.gif
 and I had probably 20+ D1 schools contacting me, with 2 offering me the first day they could and I really never want to leave San Diego so I committed to USD, where I'll be starting in the fall

That's dope man, it's looking like I won't get past clearinghouse. Freshman year FTL. But I'm gonna be heading the juco route at one of the best juco baseball programs in the state, CSM. How would you compare Junior College Ball to say D2 ball?

JC ball is probably a single notch below D1 in my opinion, far better than NAIA and D2. the biggest difference is the depth, obviously you don't have the depth as far as back ups go or in the pitching staff, but a lot of the starting players and teams #1, #2, and closer(at least in socal where i played) are D1 players that didn't clear clearinghouse. I'm guessing CSM is San Mateo? They play the best of the best so you'll be playing D1 caliber players regularly.

Why?

Nice to see some of you all doing good
pimp.gif

And what do you guys do to fail the clearinghouse? Sorry but I'm curious
laugh.gif

That was a piece of cake

Had offers from UVM and the NAIA 2006 championship team (I would've been there) for soccer. Ended up opting for D3 soccer.

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

Why?

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

That was a piece of cake

My high school "forgot" to add one of the math classes I took to the list of classes that is acceptable for clearinghouse. So I took 4 years of math, But they counted my 4th year as an elective and I ended up being 1 core class short of clearing, it sucks too because my senior year I thought I was all set so I had a bunch of electives and then they dropped the bomb on me about a week into my season when it was too late to do anything

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

Why?

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

That was a piece of cake
It definitely was a piece of cake, but had I not randomly walked by my coach's office while he was telling somebody else about it,
I would have never known to register for it, or I would have been VERY late doing it.

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

JC ball is probably a single notch below D1 in my opinion, far better than NAIA and D2. the biggest difference is the depth, obviously you don't have the depth as far as back ups go or in the pitching staff, but a lot of the starting players and teams #1, #2, and closer(at least in socal where i played) are D1 players that didn't clear clearinghouse. I'm guessing CSM is San Mateo? They play the best of the best so you'll be playing D1 caliber players regularly.

Yeah college of San Mateo. The coaching staff there is really well known. Depending on whether I add 3 or 4 mph an hour by then I most likely will redshirt. In legion we played an insane amount of division one dudes. I counted 35+ players. So I'm looking forward to that opportunity. Good luck at USD.

@LeClutchJames: coach who recruited me left the school three weeks prior to school starting. New coach came in and was more distance oriented. Over-trained us so by the time indoor season completed and we were transitioning to outdoor everyone was beat the hell up. Went from running a legit 10.4-10.5 in the 100m in high school to running 10.7s in college after injuries and fatigue. The horror stories I could tell u about this dude are nuts (for reals). I just thank God I was smart enough to accept my academic scholarship instead of the athletic. Not paying for school, even though I stopped running after a few seasons = winning

Originally Posted by StickyRicky34

Originally Posted by HeavyHitta10

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Community College for football
grin.gif

Same here in Mississippi. Played against a lot of D1 talent and had a few on the team. 

What CC do you play for?

East Central in Decatur, MS. I wish I would played for East Miss. or Pearl River.

Back
Top Bottom