Anyone here have a sports scholarship in college or walk on, been recruited etc?

^^^ what school? If it aint big time, do you stil get the perks? i mean if you went to Troy, y'all still got groupies??

I went to the University of Idaho. We barely got the basics. Nike was so stingy. We won a bowl game a couple years back which was cool because of the free stuff we got from sponsors but other than that no not really. We won the bowl game in Boise, Id so the night after the game every woman in the city of Boise was ready, there were even some dudes trying to get at us lol. People were coming up to us and grabbing us, telling us great game, and offering to buy us food and drinks. That was the first time anything like that happened. Craziest night of my footballing life.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

^^^ what school? If it aint big time, do you stil get the perks? i mean if you went to Troy, y'all still got groupies??

I went to a Big South school, and there was still groupies. Chicks would lurk on the athletic site and find you on Facebook.

i wish i could've gotten a scholrship, but my football coach was a fagget for what he did to me and my teammates!

^ aiyo
laugh.gif

Got a super small scholarship from an NAIA school for soccer. Quit three weeks in, transfered after the fall semester. Kinda wish I had kept at it.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

I went to the University of Idaho. We barely got the basics. Nike was so stingy. We won a bowl game a couple years back which was cool because of the free stuff we got from sponsors but other than that no not really. We won the bowl game in Boise, Id so the night after the game every woman in the city of Boise was ready, there were even some dudes trying to get at us lol. People were coming up to us and grabbing us, telling us great game, and offering to buy us food and drinks. That was the first time anything like that happened. Craziest night of my footballing life.
That shoe box you have for a stadium is probably one of the most hilarious structures in college football. At least it's unique though.

I'd like to hear some interesting UH stories if you have them.

I had scholarship offers to play basketball from Big Ten and SEC schools, but turned them down.

Waking up at 5am to shoot 1,000 jumpshots, run, eat, go to class, shoot another 1,000 jumpshots, run, watch tape/scrimmage everyday is not something I wanted to do anymore.

Originally Posted by rashi

I had scholarship offers to play basketball from Big Ten and SEC schools, but turned them down.

Waking up at 5am to shoot 1,000 jumpshots, run, eat, go to class, shoot another 1,000 jumpshots, run, watch tape/scrimmage everyday is not something I wanted to do anymore.

So what are you doing now? considering you were getting looks for high majors, you shoutl have been pretty damn good back then

Pure duck. 

No idiot turns down high major offers...unless you're an idiot.

Small looks for baseball, decided against playing for the JUCO nearby.

5'11 righty throwing low 80's isn't the most attractive to coaches although my offspeed was good enough to get me innings out of the pen. 230 k's in 4 seasons of highschool

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Pure duck. 

No idiot turns down high major offers...unless you're an idiot.

Right? Unless your 7 feet tall and have been forced into playing ball your whole life. That's the only scenario where I could see somebody turning that down.

Back
Top Bottom