Anyone here NOT watch college football?

cfb & cbb is for people who grew up rooting for whack pro teams there i said it....

j/p....sorta

i mean pagentry and pomp aside how you gonna watch an inferior product? the nfl is the best of the best for the most part...

pipsqueek college players ftl imo

^ The skill level, size, etc. of the players may be lower than the NFL, but the games are usually much more entertaining...the NFL especially this year hasjust not a lot of good teams and most of the games have been pure trash. I'll spend an entire day watching nothing but CFB games, can't say I'veever done or will do that for the NFL

Gators, Lakers, Colts and Yankees Mamba?

That's a new one
laugh.gif

No shot at you just never seen that before.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by JPZx

I also don't like the fact that certain teams can go undefeated but they don't get a chance to play for the championship.
They should be rewarded for playing a horse $**+ schedule?
Utah beat the #12 and #14 teams in the BCS last season before putting a beat down on #4 Alabama

That would be the same amount of wins against ranked opponents that Texas will have this year once this regular season is over. They have played 2 rankedopponents and none of them are that good. TCU will have 2 wins over ranked opponents this year if they win out, possibly 3 if Clemson keeps winning. Thecomputers currently have TCU's schedule harder than Texas.

Originally Posted by dland24

I also don't like the fact that certain teams can go undefeated but they don't get a chance to play for the championship.

Dont teams like Texas play a horse +!%$ schedule every year too?
Basically. Just go out and look for the worse team you can and play them. Although I do give Texas credit because they have scheduled USC, TCU,and Ohio State in their preseason schedules the past few years.

I don't want to hear that BS. Both teams in the title game that year had losses on their record, and certain teams that went undefeated were left out because of the $$@$!* up system.

They should be awarded with the chance to play in the biggest game possible because of what they accomplished, despite who they played.

Let them prove their worth in a playoff/bracket format.

And really? Was their schedule even that weak?

-They played Michigan on the road and beat them. Yes, Michigan went 3-9...but road game against Big Ten squad is never a "gimme".
-They played the #3 Pac-10 team (Oregon State) and beat them.

In all, they played five teams that went to bowl games. Oregon State (#24 in AP Poll), BYU (#17 in AP Poll), TCU (#11 in AP Poll), Colorado State and Air Force.

Hardly a horse @*#% schedule
grin.gif
Co-sign

GTFOOH w/ any MWC team that don't play at least 2 OOC games against ranked opponents.
And there is your problem. Do you know how hard it is to get the likes of Texas, Ohio State, USC, etc...to schedule teams like TCU, and Utah? Itis very hard. They dont want to play us because there is a good chance they will get beat. That is why they schedule the likes of UTEP and Charleston Southernand crap like that. They dont want competition, they want easiness.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Gators, Lakers, Colts and Yankees Mamba?

That's a new one
laugh.gif

No shot at you just never seen that before.

Yankees too?
roll.gif

Good lord.

As far as the topic, I understand why people love CFB, but personally it just doesn't do much for me other than the big matchups. I think the reasons havebeen pretty much beaten to death in here.

I'm not a die-hard/bleed pinstriple Yankees fan...I'm a casual baseball fan and Derek Jeter is my favorite player.

And I don't want to have to go over this again, but here it is: I was born and raised in the backwoods of Alabama: we have ZERO pro teams.

I've been a Laker fan ever since I was little and got into basketball, Magic's my favorite player of all time.

Colts: Peyton Manning is my guy...only time I ever rooted against him was when he played the Gators, but he never beat us so he was good in my book.

And finally I'm a student at UF been a Gator fan forever...i think it was the colors that first started me or that's what my mom told, always hated theCrimson Tide b/c of their racist mentality, Auburn is ok in my book.

So there you have it...this is the last time me explaining my fanhood on NT. Thx and keep it moving next time
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom