Anyone use a phone with absolutly NOTHING changed from the fatory settings?

The other night I was hanging out with my cousins (both in their late 20s) and both have the same Android 4G phone. As we sat there talking and watching the game, their phones went off with calls or texts. Every time one went off they'd both pick up and look to see whose it was going off. I asked if they have done anything to the phone settings AT ALL, and they said "No, for what?"

It made me think: As SOON as I get my phone, I'm in the market downloading Ringdroid, Launcher Pro, Dolphin Browser...etc. I don't like keeping my phone stock. There's so much you can do with these new phones, why drop $300+ to not take advantage of everything?

Now back to my OG question, does anyone buy and use a new phone and just leave it as is?

I only change the wallpaper, text alert, and ringtone. I used to use the factory ones, but I would reach for my phone when a stranger had the same text sound.

my parents do 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

I only change the wallpaper, text alert, and ringtone. I used to use the factory ones, but I would reach for my phone when a stranger had the same text sound.

Same here.  I've jailbroken my iPhone a couple times to test it out only to revert back to stock.

most people keep things stock from what i can see from my friends and family. so boring..

I have mine jailbroken/rooted/rommed/themed all that at the same time

But i still keep the stock ringtone
laugh.gif

my mom does same phone for like 6 years might be more only thing shes ever change is on/off silent and wallpaper
laugh.gif

i have an iphone so as soon as i got it i opened up the app store

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

I have mine jailbroken/rooted/rommed/themed all that at the same time

But i still keep the stock ringtone
laugh.gif

same here famb... I think songs for ringtones is kinda childish.

yep bought my pops a 4s and the only app he has is a translator app. i dont even think he uses internet. and hes doesn't text either

well I can understand an iPhone, they can't do much of anything (not trying to turn this into a droid/iPhone thing either) but I bought the i4 and returned it after one night of being pissed off because there was nothing close to what you can do out-of-the-box with an android, as far as being customizable. There was like 4 ringtones and 2 text alerts lol. I get bored with a text/ring after about two weeks. So I switched back to the android.

Originally Posted by odog24

yep bought my pops a 4s and the only app he has is a translator app. i dont even think he uses internet. and hes doesn't text either

should've just got em that good ol this:
motorola_startac-300x300.jpg

Originally Posted by Jaehow

Originally Posted by odog24

should've just got em that good ol this:
motorola_startac-300x300.jpg

that would. make sense but i want him to have da best. naw mean.

Even my mother uses custom ringtones
laugh.gif

The minute I got my new phone I completely overhauled it. What's the fun in having a smart phone when you can't customize it?

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

The minute I got my new phone I completely overhauled it. What's the fun in having a smart phone when you can't customize it?
Because custom ring tones are for teenagers. I just assign different tones to different alerts, and a couple ring tones for certain people. That's about as "custom" as I get. It's a phone, I use it for calls, texts (BBM as well), e-mail, and a decent web browser. That's it.

Me.

I haven't added anything to my phone as far as apps, ringtones or music. The only thing I did was change the desktop image wallpaper.

I Used To Root/Jailbreak/Customize All My Phones Now Idc, Since I Got A 4s Everything Is Stock.
I Dun Care To Make Time To Do It And I Like The Simplicity Now

Back
Top Bottom