Apparently Nas had ghostwriters for "Untitled"

Just cause someone contributed to a song doesnt mean nas was straight up taking 16s from the "ghostwriters"

When you buy an album and look at the little booklet when you look at the writers its seldom just the respective artist himself

I refuse to believe Nas had people writing full songs for him. There's a big difference between writing a whole song & throwing in a couple bars.

Why would I care about Pun writing for Joe or a Pun vs Nas debate?
Maybe re read the thread before posting? The poster above me listed songs Nas allegedly wrote for other artist. He further stated Fat Joes verse on John blaze was written by Nas, in actuality Pun wrote it.

Naw...i aint buyin it.

This. Why would he need Jay Elec to write his rhymes? Besides it takes Jay Elec 2 years to finish a single song. No way he couldve written multiple songs in the deadline of one album.

Also, they asked Nas about it and he said no. I know he could be lying, but Ill go with Nasir on this one.

Last edited:
Nas stans dont believe this article? SHOCKING. They probably also believe that Nas is a good live performer too. :lol:

was waiting for this 
roll.gif

See this right here is the type of thing that causes problems... it goes from Nas had 2 ghostwriters on 1 album to "Nas never wrote a rhyme in his life"
[h2]Nas Doesn’t Write His Rhymes?[/h2]Posted: August 14, 2012 in Articles
Tags: Hip Hop, Jay Electronica, Nas, Rap

nas-jay-electronica.jpg

Disclaimer: Santa Claus isn’t real.

Although I never believed in Santa Claus, I’m assuming this must be the feeling kids worldwide felt when they found out Kris Kringle wasn’t real. Despite the fact Nas could be considered the classic underachiever, as I stated in my previous post about Life Is Good, I’ve still supported him his entire career. Nas, Big L and Big Pun are 3 of the main reasons I wanted to rap in the first place. Even during the times he wasn’t making the best songs, fans could hold onto the “he’s still the best lyricist” ideology. Needless to say, if he doesn’t actually write his own rhymes, that changes the entire game. What’s next? Are you going to tell me wrestling isn’t real? God forbid, I say.

To be clear, I’m writing this post because of this article on the Rappers I Know website. In it, the writer recalls a time back in 2007 when he was working for Hot 97. He tells the story of a phone conversation he had with Jay Electronica, where he professed to have ghostwritten for Mr. Jones. Then, just yesterday, writer dream hampton tweeted most of Nas’ ****** album was written by Jay and stic.man from Dead Prez. Do you have any idea what that news does to a lifelong fan? All this does is open the door to more questions. If he didn’t write that album, what else hasn’t he written?

While I’ve always been a staunch Nas supporter, this isn’t the first time he’s been accused of imaginary pen work. Back in the 90s, Cormega claimed to have written some of Nas’ rhymes, including his verse on “Affirmative Action” from his It Was Written album. Sidebar, given the nature of this article, that’s a funny title for an album. In any case, given that Nas is responsible for Illmatic and ghostwriting for others, I don’t understand why he’d need someone to write for him. That sounds lazy as **** to me. His lyricism is all he has left. It’s his only saving grace for the periods of bad music. If he’s no longer responsible for that, I can’t look at him the same way. In the end, I guess that’s another reason for me not to like Life Is Good as much. I’m going to go drink now. Good day.

Stic Man just put on his facebook that he didn't write for Nas, just collaborated

Last edited:
Just cause someone contributed to a song doesnt mean nas was straight up taking 16s from the "ghostwriters"
When you buy an album and look at the little booklet when you look at the writers its seldom just the respective artist himself

Exactly...that's why I said check the booklet because on any album you're bound to see numerous names other than the main artists...it's like that with so many artists.

When Eminem produced Carry the Cross, if you look at the production notes you'll see M. Mathers name included with N. Jones.

Doesn't mean Em wrote the whole track...come on ya'll jumping out the window on this one.

Why would I care about Pun writing for Joe or a Pun vs Nas debate?
Maybe re read the thread before posting? The poster above me listed songs Nas allegedly wrote for other artist. He further stated Fat Joes verse on John blaze was written by Nas, in actuality Pun wrote it.
...but that has nothing to do with Dre's post though.
laugh.gif
You responded to his post with a reply that was directed at that list.
Also, they asked Nas about it and he said no. I know he could be lying, but Ill go with Nasir on this one.
Not like he's gonna say "yes" either way. C'mon b.
laugh.gif

As a fan of Nasir Jones, I hope these allegations aren't true.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom