Apparently Nas had ghostwriters for "Untitled"

That sticman (I think interview ) was great. It would be dope as F!!! To be a part of/or like a fly on the wall to just watch the process of something (that you love hiphop/great song) being created. From its infancy all the way to the finished product.

I liken this (and what I believe what happened) to fade to black. Lucifer was Kanye's idea. I don't know if he got credit (don't have the booklet) but the hook, and if I remember correctly the flow is all Kanye's doing an its on camera.

I will say this tho, not sure where Jay Elec was at in 2007, but I imagine if this phone call truly took place, Jay Elec didn't feel he was gettin the notoriety/compensation he felt he deserved and told a 'friend' he wrote for Nas. its like Dre or Timbo's ghost producers not gettin the spoils from a dope beat/idea. Jay prolly had a lil lapse in judgement and wanted more of his 'just due.'

My random thoughts...

Maybe re read the thread before posting? The poster above me listed songs Nas allegedly wrote for other artist. He further stated Fat Joes verse on John blaze was written by Nas, in actuality Pun wrote it.

......So then quote him and not the god.

Lil Cease wrote "Nas is Like".

Last edited:
2gufkv6.gif

:lol:

I don't want to believe this, until I hear the 'reference tapes' it's all lies or just regular colabs.

As a ghostwriter, you're never supposed to say yes. It's never supposed to come out. Nobody is ever suppose to know. Hence the term.

And, honestly, it doesn't sound like dreamhampton is lying. Like...why would she? Her tweets indicate that she's telling the truth. And she's mad credible. When it was said, she wasn't "announcing" as this big deal. It was a sidebar in a conversation. Like...not a big deal. So, she wasn't out looking for props or exposure. Whatever though.

To me, it equates to Diddy wearing fakes jewels every now and then.

nah end of discussion is...Nas doesn't need a ghostwriter...c'mon man hes Nas...ghostwriting is someone who writes a song and doesn't openly get credit for it...it was well known Nas was working with BOTH Jay Elect and Stic.man on this record...people just take things out of context out of their slanderous gossiping ways....

WRITING A SONG WITH SOMEBODY DOES NOT EQUATE TO GHOSTWRITING esp when that person produces the record...they likely already had ideas based on the music that Nas may or may not have included

Last edited:
As a ghostwriter, you're never supposed to say yes. It's never supposed to come out. Nobody is ever suppose to know. Hence the term.
And, honestly, it doesn't sound like dreamhampton is lying. Like...why would she? Her tweets indicate that she's telling the truth. And she's mad credible. When it was said, she wasn't "announcing" as this big deal. It was a sidebar in a conversation. Like...not a big deal. So, she wasn't out looking for props or exposure. Whatever though.
To me, it equates to Diddy wearing fakes jewels every now and then.
This is the same Dream Hampton that has been friends with Jay-Z since he was in high school and has been rumored to even slept with him at one point. This is the same person that threw a fit because she wasn't credited in Decoded. Its no secret that she's a Jay-Z stan. She intentionally deflected the original question to throw dirt on Nas' name. All she had to say, is that Jay writes what he feels, end of story. She made a baseless and defamatory statement with absolutely no proof. It is a big deal, because Nas is someone who's known for his lyrical acumen. After all, this is the guy that wrote Illmatic at 17. His entire reputation and image is based around the fact that he is a supreme lyricist and the fact that an accusation such as this one, put that all in doubt. It was very damaging and the fact that she says "I don't give a F" and didn't apologize says a lot about her credibility. It doesn't equate to Diddy wearing fake jewels, because like Marlo said "Your name is your name." Once that is brought into question, you can never get it back regardless of what you do.

Its comical how the "community" can turn their back on someone one month after praising them. Unbelievable. What medal do you get for slandering Nas? That's the ****** up thing about the hip hop culture. All of these bloggers and writers are just a bunch of cocksuckers that will go to no end to get a point across. We know y'all just want to get an invite to the next event. Just be honest about it.

I love the lengths people will go to defend artists. 

Yeah Nas used ghostwriters. Stop trying to redefine the term. Nas didn't do it on his own. Period. 

I mean just understand that the man behind the curtain was exposed. Everyone does it. Its not that serious. 

That stic.man interview is really interesting...

Here's the thing: I can't ignore the fact that a professional journalist, who has given more than 20 years to hip-hop and who is basically a pioneer in this culture, said that she heard about 6 reference songs. What does she gain by making that statement? If anything, if she's lying she just loses all her credibility. 

And miss me with all that she's doing this for Jay sh*t or she's a Jay stan. She's not a child.

I've been around industry people and people who cover the culture, and I get the feeling that ghostwriting is more rampant than we think. 

Like, why is it so inconceivable that stic.man or Electronica didn't throw Nas a verse?

Also, read those statements carefully, stick.man or Jay Electronica don't really deny ghostwriting. 

Last edited:
That stic.man interview is really interesting...

Here's the thing: I can't ignore the fact that a professional journalist, who has given more than 20 years to hip-hop and who is basically a pioneer in this culture, said that she heard about 6 reference songs. What does she gain by making that statement? If anything, if she's lying she just loses all her credibility. 

And miss me with all that she's doing this for Jay sh*t or she's a Jay stan. She's not a child.

I've been around industry people and people who cover the culture, and I get the feeling that ghostwriting is more rampant than we think. 

Like, why is it so inconceivable that stic.man or Electronica didn't throw Nas a verse?

Also, read those statements carefully, stick.man or Jay Electronica don't really deny ghostwriting. 
Is that supposed to mean something because I can point out plenty of people that are writing right now who openly stan and have their agenda that are not children. Elliot Wilson being one of the main perpetrators.

Yeah Nas used ghostwriters. Stop trying to redefine the term. Nas didn't do it on his own. Period. 

I mean just understand that the man behind the curtain was exposed. Everyone does it. Its not that serious. 

but what happens when the alleged ghostwriters themselves deny it?

How do you know what Nas did or did not do? You his boy?

Is that supposed to mean something because I can point out plenty of people that are writing right now who openly stan and have their agenda that are not children. Elliot Wilson being one of the main perpetrators.
I haven't seen her act Stanish...

At the end of the day, none of us are never going to know. But out of all the voices that are speaking, I find her the most credible. Add that to the fact that ghostwriting isn't that uncommon and allot of the verses have a Dead Prez tone to them and Queens Get The Money sounds like Jay sh*t...I think both ghost wrote for him.

Why are you so sure that Nas hasn't used ghost writers? 

At the end of the day, none of us are never going to know. But out of all the voices that are speaking, I find her the most credible. Add that to the fact that ghostwriting isn't that uncommon and allot of the verses have a Dead Prez tone to them and Queens Get The Money sounds like Jay sh*t...I think both ghost wrote for him.

Because Stic and Jay both said that he doesnt?

1. They insinuated, they didn't flat out deny it.  

2. IF they are GOOD ghostwriters, they are supposed to deny it. 

but if the 2 people who are closest to the situation insinuate it, then whos word are we supposed to go on? NT speculation?

I never said that. What I did say, is that if you make a claim such as that, you need proof because of the effect it has on his reputation and its defamatory nature.

:rofl: I'm in tears @ "Horse wrote Distant Relatives"

A ghost writer is someone who writes the verse for you. So far no evidence has been brought forward that anyone wrote verses or a full song for Nas. Dream Hampton has not provided anything to prove that claim nor was she present when the making of the songs on Untitled went down.

So you can say ppl are just defending Nas and going to great lengths to do so but the facts are this is an unconfirmed claim with no evidence to support it.

Reading Stic.Man's describing how it went down that's something rappers do with their boys who don't even rap. That's not what a ghostwriter is. Maybe you need to figure out what the word means.

nas-confused.jpg

Smarten up man
Insinuate? Did you not read the full quote by Stic.Man? He described in detail how it went down. At no point does it say he wrote 16 bars and Nas went in the booth with all of his words.

nas-confused.jpg

Last edited:
I am realizing ONE thing here, the people who are pushing the fact that Nas has used ghost writers due to this chick's claims, are all member who have just joined Niketalk. Add to the fact that no man, past 20, will have new interests in joining a message board. Leaving me to deduce that ya'll are 15-16-17. Meaning Nas dropped his first album almost before you were born.

Listen to all Nas' flow its exactly the same. No question dude uses no ghost writers.

Last edited:
I am realizing ONE thing here, the people who are pushing the fact that Nas has used ghost writers due to this chick's claims, are all member who have just joined Niketalk. Add to the fact that no man, past 20, will have new interests in joining a message board. Leaving me to deduce that ya'll are 15-16-17. Meaning Nas dropped his first album almost before you were born.

Listen to all Nas' flow its exactly the same. No question dude uses no ghost writers.

Bro, who are you? I know you're from the Hill...but I need to know more..............

yes stalker

:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom