APPLE EVENT JUST STARTED!!!!!!!

You realize Android doesnt have a registry and that registry is a windows term?

You guys have no idea what root access is seriously if your only education on operating systems is what you learned on XDA than dont challenge me. Root Access means you have access to all the data on the root directory of the device

#usefacts

I'm really interested in seeing what can be made with SWIFT and METAL

I really need some good games to drop on the ipad.

And the fact that they are made based on the A7 means my iPad Air has a long lifespans ahead of it

Looks like the most popular game on swift is a flappy bird clone. They made it extremely fast. I wonder if a good fighting game will come out

Looks like the most popular game on swift is a flappy bird clone. They made it extremely fast. I wonder if a good fighting game will come out

Yeah, figured that would happen.

We probably won't see anything good until this fall

Lol dudes think they know programming from following instructions on how to root a phone. For an OS to be so good why do you even need to root? Haven't don't a JB In like 2 yrs
A jailbroken 5 is a damb good phone.. it's obviously great without the jb as well, but once you do it and go back to stock you feel like you're missing a lot of stuff. I updated to 7.1 when that dropped and I've regretted it since, my i5 feels like poop now 
laugh.gif
 srs.. bite alone was all I wanted, being able to respond to a text while staying in my current app is nice, I hate leaving safari or whatever app I'm using just to go to the messaging app then having to double press home button to multitask and get back to my last app. Little things like this are missing from iOS.. thanksfully with iOS8 responding to emails/text can be done from the notification bar 
pimp.gif
 quick reply of the major things I miss from jbing my phone along with a lot of little minor tweaks.

Last edited:
My 5s is still the bomb but yeah I will hold off from updating when I get the 6. I am definitely missing JB. My joint was off the meat rack

Yeah, figured that would happen.

We probably won't see anything good until this fall

There are already companies developing on the new 3d Engine "Metal" It was touched on in the conference.

Metal: New 3D engine for iOS
Apple is claiming that their new Metal graphics engine offers 10 times the performance of the previous 3D rendering engine. One of the developers, from Epic, says that they were able to bring a full “console-level” engine to the iPad with full fidelity and full performance.

Metal reduces the overhead taken up by OpenGL and lets the game use more compute power from the A7 chip for faster end-user gaming.

EA, Unity, Crytek and Epic Games have also been working with Apple for a few weeks. They’re bringing console-level games to iOS.

For casual game developers, there’s a new piece of kit called SpriteKit with better light sources, field forces and per pixel physics.

Apple is also bringing SceneKit to the SDK for 3D scene rendering in casual games.

IOS 8: All the New Features For Your iPhone and iPad

Screen shot of render using the engine:

View media item 1008209
View media item 1008216
The screenshots I am showing are running on the latest unreal engine so I am 99% sure they arent running on the swift language. Shouldnt make a difference the programming language since that really only helps with data

Last edited:
So back to what I was saying android isn't freedom to do anything with your phone, you're still limited to the software. 1

Not 100% true.

I have a MBA. I haven't really run into the problems other people have had with Mavericks. It's worked well with me so far. I do need to get this battery replaced tho :smh:

Has anyone done it themselves? I don't really want to pay $130 to get it done at an Apple store. Would it be marginally cheaper to do it myself?

Last edited:
I'm coo off buying official Apple anything. I've purchased third party and it's worked well for me so far.

I got my battery replaced on my MBP last month at the Apple Store. I would feel much better buying a replacement battery from Apple rather than a third party, but thats just me

I got my battery replaced on my MBP last month at the Apple Store. I would feel much better buying a replacement battery from Apple rather than a third party, but thats just me
Apple would like you to keep thinking that as well.

Some people just like peace of mind.

I ain't mad at that
Apple's awesome products has created a false peace of mind.

Especially when it comes to items like cables, warranties, etc.

There are excellent companies that make products as good as apple, which are less expensive.

A lightning cable from apple is $30, while amazon sells it for $15.

I've seed the same trend with their time capsule, media player, tablet, etc.

I'm just talking about the little items.

mac/iphone>>>

Last edited:
There are excellent companies that make products as good as apple, which are less expensive.

mac/iphone>>>

Agreed, their accessories suck aside from the flip cover for the iPad and the bumpers are cool.

I ain't mad at that

mac/iphone>>>

Nah I agree with you, although I'd rather have a charger from Apple. At least then if something happens I can just blame them and get it replaced

I ain't mad at that

mac/iphone>>>

im sayin.

like bro. im not paying $90 for a damn macbook charger.

Nah I agree with you, although I'd rather have a charger from Apple. At least then if something happens I can just blame them and get it replaced
Amazon has a 1 year warranty on their lightning cable. If it craps out, they'll send you a new one asap. No questions asked, in my experience.

I think it's 6 feet long as well.

$15 shipped(w/ prime)

Last edited:

Amazon has a 1 year warranty on their lightning cable. If it craps out, they'll send you a new one asap. No questions asked, in my experience.
$15 shipped(w/ prime)

I'm talking about a MBP charger. Apple swaps them out when you give them a good enough excuse

^
My sister's charger stopped working. Next time i'm near the store i'll see if I can get a new one.

^
My sister's charger stopped working. Next time i'm near the store i'll see if I can get a new one.
They only replace the metal tip part, if I recall correctly.

$15 shipped(w/ prime)
I'm talking about a MBP charger. Apple swaps them out when you give them a good enough excuse
What's an example of a good enough excuse?

I had applecare, so they'd switch mine out no questions asked.

I now have an new extra charger that I don't even use.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom