APPLE EVENT JUST STARTED!!!!!!!

^

My sister's charger stopped working. Next time i'm near the store i'll see if I can get a new one.
They only replace the metal tip part, if I recall correctly.

Nah I agree with you, although I'd rather have a charger from Apple. At least then if something happens I can just blame them and get it replaced

Amazon has a 1 year warranty on their lightning cable. If it craps out, they'll send you a new one asap. No questions asked, in my experience.

I think it's 6 feet long as well.

$15 shipped(w/ prime)

I'm talking about a MBP charger. Apple swaps them out when you give them a good enough excuse

What's an example of a good enough excuse?
I had applecare, so they'd switch mine out no questions asked.
I now have an new extra charger that I don't even use.

TBH any excuse is a good enough excuse. I have no applecare and I just showed them my burnt out charger and told them I had no idea how that happened. I keep my home cool enough and one day it was just burnt out. They had me sign some paperwork and just brought me a new charger.

I used to work at apple so I already know first hand that something like a replacement charger isn't any big dead to just give someone

Now a broken screen, or replacement battery, new keyboard, etc etc is different.

TBH any excuse is a good enough excuse. I have no applecare and I just showed them my burnt out charger and told them I had no idea how that happened. I keep my home cool enough and one day it was just burnt out. They had me sign some paperwork and just brought me a new charger.

It could have burnt out due to a power surge or leaving it in for too long. My guesses.

I have a 15 inch macbook pro but hate lugging it around everywhere

I found a 13 inch mid 2012 macbook air with the i5 1.8ghz speed and 4gb ram

How will this run osx yosemite?
Im buying it so i can take it to places like school and read and write and study and browse internet.
I have my 15 inch for all hevay duty things

Im buying it so i can take it to places like school and read and write and study and browse internet.

This is making me rethink purchasing a 17inch MBP.

This is making me rethink purchasing a 17inch MBP.

They don't even make those anymore...

I wouldn't spend money on that anyway. Old hardware. Get a mid/late 2012 MBP or a new retina

I have a mid 2011 MBA and I sort of regret getting it ... It runs everything fine (on Mavericks) but I wanna be able to upgrade ram :frown:

Last edited:
13" rMBP is def the bidness but i might have to trade it for the rumored 12" rMBA for the lightness alone

I have a mid 2011 MBA and I sort of regret getting it ... It runs everything fine (on Mavericks) but I wanna be able to upgrade ram :frown:
What dont u like about the air?

My 15 inch got 16gb of ram and sometimes it still lags once in a while and isnt as quick as i think it should be

My 15 inch got 16gb of ram and sometimes it still lags once in a while and isnt as quick as i think it should be

I think he doesn't like the fact that he can't upgrade his ram :lol:

Ever since I upgraded my ram to 16gb, my MBP has been smooth

I want an air, but I don't know if its a good investment for me. An iMac might be better money spent.

The main thing that makes me want an air is the size and battery life. Its so thin i can literally take it anywhere.

I was looking at an Air at a store and it is really nice. The price sucks though. The 11 inch screen and 13 inch are only $200-300 less than the cheapest mbp model.

SIXTEEN GIGS OF RAM and you experience lag? o_O if u dont mind, what processor are you running, and what types of programs. Cuz even on 8 or 12 gigs protools and finalcut dont lag....

SIXTEEN GIGS OF RAM and you experience lag? o_O if u dont mind, what processor are you running, and what types of programs. Cuz even on 8 or 12 gigs protools and finalcut dont lag....

its the 2.3 ghz i7

it mostly lags when i bootup and i try to open itunes or chrome real quick.

also when im watching netflix it heats up and netflix sound lags like a couple seconds and i have to close it and reopen the window

its the 2.3 ghz i7

also when im watching netflix it heats up and netflix sound lags like a couple seconds and i have to close it and reopen the window
o_O what? you shouldnt be experiencing that man. sound lagging could be the internet connection itself or a bad video/sound card, which for whatever reason messes EVERYTHING else up. but ur numbers are too nice to be experiencing lag on such light programs bruh

its the 2.3 ghz i7

o_O what? you shouldnt be experiencing that man. sound lagging could be the internet connection itself or a bad video/sound card, which for whatever reason messes EVERYTHING else up. but ur numbers are too nice to be experiencing lag on such light programs bruh

Idk maybe im exxaggerating
its the 2.3 ghz i7

Maybe your hdd? Why not upgrade to a SSD?

I got a 750gg drive and joint is like 20-30 gb from being full so an ssd that size will break the bank.

Main issue is i hate carrying it in my backpack
If i get extra cash ima get a cheap used mba for like fye hunna

Get a solid state drive famb.

Run the OS and all of your software from the SSD and then use your HDD to store media

Swap the optical drive out for the SSD

Lag will be gone. OS will boot faster and you'll get faster app load times

Run the OS and all of your software from the SSD and then use your HDD to store media

Listen to this guy, I did exactly what he said and my computer is on a whole another level :smokin

you think its worth doing that to my 09 joint?

Details? in that case the SSD doesn't have to be that big correct?

I have a 15 MBP early 11 8GB that runs great but the battery is buns. I am not sure what my next laptop will be. I am eager to wait until something like the surface pro 4 or whatever apple has to match. I love the idea of a legitimate portable PC/Mac

@ stay lurkin
If it's just your battery that's bad, look into getting a good battery replacement.
The reolacement should last 5 hours at least.

Back
Top Bottom