Apple plans to crush carriers and offer direct mobile service, expert says (article)

wr

[h1][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
22213.jpg
[/font][/h1]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Apple’s next huge move isn’t into the television or banking industries according to one expert. Instead, Apple will take on carriers like AT&T and Verizon Wireless by becoming a direct mobile service provider. Veteran wireless industry strategist %%#*+# Bluestein, who has managed strategic deals for the likes of AT&T, Intel, T-Mobile, Verizon, Microsoft, Nokia and Best Buy, says Apple will soon begin to offer wireless service directly to iPhone and iPad users. Apple has the distribution channels, digital content portfolio and customer base to make the move, Bluestein says, and it also has more than 250 million credit cards on file for iTunes users who could be billed directly for wireless service.

“The battleground is set, but Apple will be the first mover,

This makes PERFECT sense.

Facebook and Apple bout to stick up the world and split it fitty/fitty.

And to think a few months ago Apple was being SLAMMED by critics on their huge amount of cash reserves. As if it was a bad thing 
laugh.gif
, like they really wouldn't have any ideas what to do with that capital. 

Originally Posted by Regis

This makes PERFECT sense.

Facebook and Apple bout to stick up the world and split it fitty/fitty.

Yes but the REAL question is will they remain jiggy AFTER taking the dough?
Spoiler [+]
PLEASE RESPOND

Originally Posted by kickstart

I'd definitely jump aboard depending on the pricing of the plans.
Don't kid yourself. This is Apple. It will be expensive as hell, not as good as other networks, but people will still hop on.

Cool! I bet they wont have dropped calls the same way Macs don't catch viruses.

I respect this company.

I don't own an iPhone but these are some clever $%$ dudes

Originally Posted by RKO2004

but macs do catch viruses tho. Just not a widespread as microsoft. But trust me, the more mainstream apple becomes more viruses will emerge. 

Originally Posted by Wr

but macs do catch viruses tho. Just not a widespread as microsoft. But trust me, the more mainstream apple becomes more viruses will emerge. 
i believe he was being sarcastic bruh.

Originally Posted by Wr

oh, you're still on sarcasm beta?

Originally Posted by TheGr8BlkHope

pardon my ignorance but, where are they going to get the wireless spectrum from?

My question also. They could pull a Nextel/Virgin Mobile like move with Verizon. But I say UNLIMITED OR GO HOME.

Back
Top Bottom