Apple plans to crush carriers and offer direct mobile service, expert says (article)

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by Regis

This makes PERFECT sense.

Facebook and Apple bout to stick up the world and split it fitty/fitty.

Yes but the REAL question is will they remain jiggy AFTER taking the dough?
Spoiler [+]
PLEASE RESPOND
GOLD.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

what if apple ends their iphone "lease" with everyone and they become the sole provider of the phone?!
I'm pretty sure this is what they're aiming for.

Originally Posted by Jay02

I
assume it will be more expensive. But I bet you itll offer unlimited
data and will have the best service. You get what you pay for. Why else
do people buy ipods, ipads, iphones, and macbooks. It's good quality...
Apple got ya.

how so
They make inferior products knowing it'll sell anyways and so they can come out with a "S" version a year later which is what the original should've been in the first place. Remember when the 4s was announced? People were HEATED. But low and behold, they still bought it.

It just depends on when the bought their iPhone. People that had the original iPhone, probably have the 4s now because they waited until their 2 year contract was up to upgrade.

Original iPhone > 2years > iPhone 3gs > 2years > iPhone 4s
iPhone 3g > 2years > iPhone 4 > 2years > iPhone 5

No matter what people opinion is on what features should have been included in whatever new iPhone, there are people that have a 2 year old iPhone looking to upgrade to the newest model.

Apple got ya.

how so
They make inferior products knowing it'll sell anyways and so they can come out with a "S" version a year later which is what the original should've been in the first place. Remember when the 4s was announced? People were HEATED. But low and behold, they still bought it.

How does that mean they have me? If people want to pay again for Siri let them. Its business, if Apple knows people are going to buy things anyway theyre going to sell it. Isn't that what anyone would do? I just got the iPhone 4 this winter, my first smartphone. Trust me, im not getting another iPhone until I see that the upgrades are worth it. But if there's people out there that wanna buy every 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6s, than whatever. 
Seriously though, lets not kid ourselves Apple puts out a good product. Thats the reason they are as dominant as they are today. Thats the reason people dropped microsoft to switch over. Thats the reason they've completely taken over the mp3 industry. And thats the reason when I go out in public everyday and literally 1 out of every 3 people have an iPhone in their hands. My opinion on computers..I owned a mac desktop for 6 years. Bought a Vaio for college (using it right now) and this thing is just done. Completely went to @@#@. Everyday I have to hold myself from throwing it out the window. My 6 year old Mac runs better than this piece of crap that ive only had for a year and half. So im not "fanboy" im just going by experience with the product. If I prefer all apple and that makes me a fanboy than whatever. If they have me like they have everybody else then fine. As long as they keep putting out a good product. 

Back to the topic on hand, I have no reason to believe they wont put out a good service. Because they always have. 

Yea, if you forget about (in no particular order)

iWork.com
Mobileme
.Mac
Toolbox
Apple III
Lisa
Newton
Pippin
Macintosh TV
Powermac G4 cube
20th anniversary macintosh
Quicktake
Cyberdog
Ping
the Puck mouse

All Apple does is Win my man. You can't be mad at them, everyone should just embrace the term "if you can't beat them, join them" and work with them in making break-through technology as Apple always has

The only reason why I'm excited for this is because Apple will probably come out with multiple types of phones besides Iphone...

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

prefer that over google, google jus creeps me out with the ways they have so much info on people.

oh.

and you think this isnt gonna happen with apple while your roaming on their network using their devices
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Regis

This makes PERFECT sense.

Facebook and Apple bout to stick up the world and split it fitty/fitty.
Theres one problem standing in their way...
Spoiler [+]
logo3w.png

People really do over look google.

The android platform is genius imo and the best is yet to come.

Adroid is linux which is one of the most widely worked on codes in the world.

Google has so many partners, while apple still prides itself on being a monolithic organization with homogeneous products.

Originally Posted by Wr

People really do over look google.

The android platform is genius imo and the best is yet to come.

Adroid is linux which is one of the most widely worked on codes in the world.

Google has so many partners, while apple still prides itself on being a monolithic organization with homogeneous products.
But even more than just mobile phones... GOOGLE is bigger than Apple and Facebook as a whole... 

Originally Posted by kickstart

I'd definitely jump aboard depending on the pricing of the plans.
Don't kid yourself. This is Apple. It will be expensive as hell, not as good as other networks, but people will still hop on.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

what if apple ends their iphone "lease" with everyone and they become the sole provider of the phone?!
I'm pretty sure this is what they're aiming for.
I don't think they will be able to do this because of antitrust regulations.  Similar to the issues Microsoft ran into with the Windows and MSN Explorer web browser.

Here's a link if you want to read more.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tying_(commerce)

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

All it takes is a SUPER aggressive move from Google and Apple is done.

laugh.gif

Comments like these kill me..

Actually I'm being serious. Google has the ability by just shutting down all their services to all apple devices. Lets see how good Apple products are without youtube, gmail, search and more. 

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

All it takes is a SUPER aggressive move from Google and Apple is done.

laugh.gif

Comments like these kill me..

Actually I'm being serious. Google has the ability by just shutting down all their services to all apple devices. Lets see how good Apple products are with youtube, gmail, search and more. 
This man knows.... 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom