Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
I feel like as a consumer, you should not have to do all these things to have good battery life. You should just be able to use your phone without fear of using all of it's juice. This was one of the main reasons I left android. For battery life and reliability. Battery life has been mediocre and the phone is extremely buggy. I'm going to the Apple Store this weekend to cop a new phone. If the replacement phone doesn't fix these issues, bruh...

i'll save you a trip to the store if you just follow the steps outlined in my post above and the page before. basically what the tech will tell you (unless your serial number falls in that bad batch identified last week) is that the physical battery is fine and the software/settings/charging behaviors are to blame. the best they'll probably do is to ask you to restore and setup the device as new which basically means you have to rebuild all your data manually instead of from a backup. auto brightness and background app refresh will be the best place for you to start. the way i see it, auto brightness isn't a big deal with control center now since the settings is accessible from anywhere on the phone when you need it. background app refresh really will only save you a few seconds of loading time in practice and drains a good amount of battery in the process. anything using location services will do so actually which is why i have it off for most apps (it's not as practical in real life scenarios and LTE speeds basically make it pointless to preload things).

if you use the ipad adapter instead of iphone adapter would that effect how fast your battery dies?

I don't think there's a difference. They're both lightning cables

nah I'm not talking about the cable I'm talking about the part plugs into the wall, I know the ipad one has more voltage which makes my phone charge faster I just wonder if I'm doing more harm than good

i'll save you a trip to the store if you just follow the steps outlined in my post above and the page before. basically what the tech will tell you (unless your serial number falls in that bad batch identified last week) is that the physical battery is fine and the software/settings/charging behaviors are to blame. the best they'll probably do is to ask you to restore and setup the device as new which basically means you have to rebuild all your data manually instead of from a backup. auto brightness and background app refresh will be the best place for you to start. the way i see it, auto brightness isn't a big deal with control center now since the settings is accessible from anywhere on the phone when you need it. background app refresh really will only save you a few seconds of loading time in practice and drains a good amount of battery in the process. anything using location services will do so actually which is why i have it off for most apps (it's not as practical in real life scenarios and LTE speeds basically make it pointless to preload things).

I appreciate the advice but I'm 99% sure they will give me a new phone. My 4s was able to get replaced for no reason. They ran tests and everything, literally said they found nothing wrong with it, and gave me a new one anyway.

This past weekend, my girl went and complained about "bad signal" and the phone being "slow" even though it ran better than my 5s (she has the 5 btw). They gave her a brand new one, not even a refurb, a brand new one.

In my experience, the apple stores in my area are extreme lenient when it comes to replacing devices.

I appreciate the advice but I'm 99% sure they will give me a new phone. My 4s was able to get replaced for no reason. They ran tests and everything, literally said they found nothing wrong with it, and gave me a new one anyway.

This past weekend, my girl went and complained about "bad signal" and the phone being "slow" even though it ran better than my 5s (she has the 5 btw). They gave her a brand new one, not even a refurb, a brand new one.

In my experience, the apple stores in my area are extreme lenient when it comes to replacing devices.

word. guess it all depends on your store's staffing. just looking out cuz i'm actually a mobile tech at an apple store and i can't tell you how many "battery life" issues i see per day that are flat out unwarranted. 99.999999% of the time it's software/user behavior related. tbh the battery life, when using every feature of the phone, is garbage for both android/ios. it's a limitation of battery technology really :rolleyes

word. guess it all depends on your store's staffing. just looking out cuz i'm actually a mobile tech at an apple store and i can't tell you how many "battery life" issues i see per day that are flat out unwarranted. 99.999999% of the time it's software/user behavior related. tbh the battery life, when using every feature of the phone, is garbage for both android/ios. it's a limitation of battery technology really :rolleyes

Completely understand fam and I took your advice anyway. Thought I had background app refresh off....looks like it got turned on during the last update. It's probably most likely the source of my bad battery

Gonna try and get a new one regardless. I just wanna start over if that makes sense.

Quick question since you're a mobile tech. Does using the iPad adapter to charge an iPhone damage the battery? To my electrical knowledge, the iPhone will only draw the current needed for it to charge, therefore preventing the "overcharging"

Completely understand fam and I took your advice anyway. Thought I had background app refresh off....looks like it got turned on during the last update. It's probably most likely the source of my bad battery

Gonna try and get a new one regardless. I just wanna start over if that makes sense.

Quick question since you're a mobile tech. Does using the iPad adapter to charge an iPhone damage the battery? To my electrical knowledge, the iPhone will only draw the current needed for it to charge, therefore preventing the "overcharging"

for the most part, no. i'm assuming you're referring to the actual brick which for ipads (depending on the model) is a 10/12W charger vs. the iphone 5W charger. the ipad brick will charge the phone up much faster and there is tech built into the brick to limit the charge once the device is at 100% but it's not perfect. the brick itself won't damage the phone's battery per say but leaving the phone plugged in once it hits 100% constantly is def. not preferred. i always advise customers to only charge the battery up to around 95-97% and unplug the device to prevent overcharging over the lifespan of the battery but even i'm guilty of charging overnight from time to time.

in short, it's leaving the charger in longer than necessary that will deplete the capacity of the battery sooner than later. this damage can even be done with the 5W brick. like i said earlier, mostly user behavior and settings that cause most perceived battery issues.

Were the USB cords always $20? Misplaced my 5s and need a new one and it's 20 on Apple.com

Felt like older USB was only 10

for the most part, no. i'm assuming you're referring to the actual brick which for ipads (depending on the model) is a 10/12W charger vs. the iphone 5W charger. the ipad brick will charge the phone up much faster and there is tech built into the brick to limit the charge once the device is at 100% but it's not perfect. the brick itself won't damage the phone's battery per say but leaving the phone plugged in once it hits 100% constantly is def. not preferred. i always advise customers to only charge the battery up to around 95-97% and unplug the device to prevent overcharging over the lifespan of the battery but even i'm guilty of charging overnight from time to time.

in short, it's leaving the charger in longer than necessary that will deplete the capacity of the battery sooner than later. this damage can even be done with the 5W brick. like i said earlier, mostly user behavior and settings that cause most perceived battery issues.

Good looks. I'm guilty of leaving it plugged in the charger over night. I have to start making a habit of charging it before I go to sleep, not while I sleep

I was rocking it naked for a little but then it got a ding on the corner for placing it on a table....

Aluminum is soft as hell.

Just keep it in your pocket whenever you can and you won't run into dropping issues

For those who are having a difficult time finding a case for the champagne gold, I found one that I will be using for a while. If you're looking for a "barely there" case that is very small, this one is great. I also like it because it matches the champagne gold to a tee. Ordered from Spigen (link below).  If you want something more than the really slim, light case for more protection, they have other options in that color. I just wanted something that wouldn't make the iPhone lose its sleek look and color.

View media item 650628

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/...eciton/iphone-5-5s-case-ultra-thin-air-a.html

I'm on the site right now really to order this.. i really don't wanna put a case, but i also dont want to risk it getting scratched up. so i have no choice.. this is best that ive seen as it compliments the gold iphone. Any one found better options ?

any help is appreciated.. thanks in advance.

- Much luv, stay freshhh :smokin

Koo,

Just checking how Spigen is w/ iPhone. I have one on my current G2 android phone.
But iphone spigen cases look wayyy fancier lol

I got one spigen case that's pretty tough (for those times when I know I'm gonna be treating it a little more rugged) and I actually have their ultra hybrid case coming in. I believe they've just released the clear one so I scooped it up so my gold could show lol. I like spigen a lot.

-Drew

Back
Top Bottom