Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
I guess my sim came preloaded.. I just set it up out of the box, and service switched from my old phone to new.

went to target here in Houston since I'm here for work. played around with the phone. really cool, but i don't feel like i need it for that price point.

The notch doesn’t really bother me so far, but I don’t watch a ton of videos.

I do think Apple could go a bit further with optimizing the screen real estate. To say the phone is “all screen” is to ignore the fact that some bezel still remains.

It’s nit-picky, but I do think 2-3 years from now Apple will get it right.

LOL tried to go with apple but they were trying to ship my phone to my house 2 hours away from my apartment.......shipment time went from November 3 to 2-3weeks in 15 minutes......said OH HECKS NAAAH....went to AT&T site.....ordered silver 64gb......got a shipment date of November 2nd - 10th............on November 2nd got a tracking number saying will be delivered on November 3rd lol......and my AT&T order went through at 9:58 EST lol.

nobodies a bigger fan of new tech than me and i dunno if i’m being picky or just haven’t adjusted yet but i’m like eh.

everyone talks about what they like so i’ll tell you what i don’t like.

i don’t like not having the swipe from bottom for calculator flashlight tab. i was able to do that with one hand even with a plus. now i gotta use two to get to it.

coupled with that not major and def a minor issue. you can’t get your battery percentage on the screen unless you swipe down from that same tab.

face id isn’t as flawless as everyone’s making it out to be. i had to redo mine 3 times so far. i learned to keep in mind where you hold your phone in terms of distance from your face. for instance...was just out to eat and i wasn’t able to unlock the phone with my arms laying on the table. because my face was too far from where i probably had it when i set it up.

also on the plus i didn’t realize it but i used that double tap the home feature to shrink the screen a lot and i feel like i should still use it on this phone even though it’s a smaller device

more of an ios11 issue i don’t like the extra grey space under the keyboard. it’s uselss and takes up screen real estate. if you don’t know what i’m talking about it’s the space that has the globe on the left and the microphone on the right.

everything else i’m cool with. not gonna lie i geeked out hard for this phone but gun to head if you ask me if it’s worth it i’ll say no. i went out and bought a wireless charger just to have in my head that i’m actually using a new feature. one of many you could live without.

no home button is cool and the screen is beautiful but that notch is gonna take time getting used to. the screen kinda looks like the outline of a bunny face with 2 ears. or even a rolodex card for those old enough to know what one is.

i’ve only had it for about 6 hours so these are very early hot takes. take them for what they’re worth

Definitely gonna miss the plus model iPhone :\

But ima get used to this I guess, only issue is my notifications how do I get that back on my phone after I restores it to my backup? and I can't access widgets from the lock screen nor notification screen

Face ID working flawlessly for me.

LOVE that you can swipe up to unlock before FaceID has captured your face and it still registers the action.

If you’re expecting Face ID to capture your face without the camera directed at your face, I really don’t know what to say. :lol:

10963DA0-548F-463C-AB7E-01532C4E4F53.jpeg
10963DA0-548F-463C-AB7E-01532C4E4F53.jpeg

Apple did it again, another solid piece of overpriced tech. I’ll buy it.

Attachments

• 7C9893A6-C2E3-4EA7-8E72-B07E718042D8.jpeg
    7C9893A6-C2E3-4EA7-8E72-B07E718042D8.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 12
also on the plus i didn’t realize it but i used that double tap the home feature to shrink the screen a lot and i feel like i should still use it on this phone even though it’s a smaller device

I find I need to use the new reachability gesture a lot on this phone. Swiping down from the bottom however can sometimes lead to erroneous app launches or scrolling instead of the intended action. I'm sure I'll get better at it as I use it more.

Weird, iTunes won’t let me back up from my computer, keep saying “Password incorrect”
Not sure what’s going on. Password is 100% correct. I’ve tried everything.

What are yall thoughts on the AirPods.. I have a Best Buy gift card..thinking about pulling the trigger

I’ve had mine for a couple of hours it’s not the drastic change I thought it would be coming from even just a 6+ but it’s nice.

The size was easy enough to get used to but I will be kinda tight next year when there is a plus version.

Loving how quick it is in comparison to my old phone but other than that it’s really just another iPhone.

So what’s the verdict on the X? I’m feeling like it’s not the game changer it was made out to be, doesn’t seem like people are gushing over it like talking bout, maybe the late release killed off the hype. Starting to feel like this wasn’t the upgrade I thought it would be.

It’s just all hype because it’s a “Anniversary” phone... not that impressive and it’s too small.

I’ll wait next year when they come out with a X+

It’s just all hype because it’s a “Anniversary” phone... not that impressive and it’s too small.

I’ll wait next year when they come out with a X+

Idk an X plus will be kinda impractical i have big hands and the fact the way this new screen is It’s hard to reach around it one hand. I used to one hand my iPhone 7plus.

They may not do an X+ If year groups can’t even use the thing comfortably. The screen would be the biggest ever and impossible to one hand.

Back
Top Bottom