Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
First time MacBook buyer here, should I go with the Air and upgrade to a quad core or go with an entry level Pro for the next 5 years?

It’ll mostly be used for web browsing, music, and web development.

First time MacBook buyer here, should I go with the Air and upgrade to a quad core or go with an entry level Pro for the next 5 years?

Are the Air and Pro still relatively the same price? If so I'd go Pro.

4one5 4one5 it looks like the MacBook Airs are using current-gen CPUs while the Pros are using 2-generation old CPUs unless you opt for a $1700+ model. Not sure if that would sway your decision.

Regardless, cop from here to save a few bucks:
It's the student discount store, but in my experience they don't ask for any type of proof that you're a student.

Here's a good site for future buying reference:

Honestly, with the way they priced the pro, I think the 150 for the Quad Core Air is the way to go. Unfortunately 10th gen is just expensive in the laptop space right now.

256 GB XS Max for $632 a good deal in 2020?

iPhone X battery has turned to poop in the last few weeks :smh:

Paying to replace the battery in the X sounds like a better deal. That said I paid $650 on swaps for a brand new XS Max 64gb in January.

Paying to replace the battery in the X sounds like a better deal. That said I paid $650 on swaps for a brand new XS Max 64gb in January.
kinda want a new phone too tho.

Was waiting for the 12 but doesn't look like 120hz will happen so I'm over it

Damn that’s a good deal. Apple gonna kill that bad boy with the updates though. Only downside:smh:

My glass is cracked on the back of my iPhone(8+ I think) and it’s starting to cut my hand. I don’t use any protection on screen or case. I have a $20 deductible and they’ll replace front screen but they will not do the backs. So, I think it’s time for an upgrade. I’m digging the zFlip but don’t want to change from iOS to Android. The 12 drop should be in September and I’d assume they’d fall in line with Motorola/Samsung and drop the flip. If the 12 phone is this flip, I’d sure hate to drop the 1200 on this Promaxx

i doubt a foldable iphone is happening this year. all the rumors for the 12 point to a similar phone with a squared off design and a slightly smaller notch

My glass is cracked on the back of my iPhone(8+ I think) and it’s starting to cut my hand. I don’t use any protection on screen or case. I have a $20 deductible and they’ll replace front screen but they will not do the backs. So, I think it’s time for an upgrade. I’m digging the zFlip but don’t want to change from iOS to Android. The 12 drop should be in September and I’d assume they’d fall in line with Motorola/Samsung and drop the flip. If the 12 phone is this flip, I’d sure hate to drop the 1200 on this Promaxx

If you have apple care it's $99 to get a replacement with a back crack.

That price seems steep but I have very little complaints with my XS Max from launch day.
I copped out. Should be here Thursday or Friday

Looking forward to the bigger screen and battery

Had a 7 plus before my X and both are sorely missed

I copped out. Should be here Thursday or Friday

Looking forward to the bigger screen and battery

Had a 7 plus before my X and both are sorely missed
I'm at 92% battery health and it still lasts me all day. Most of the time without having to worry about low power mode. I would never be able to use a smaller screen phone again :lol:.

I'm at 92% battery health and it still lasts me all day. Most of the time without having to worry about low power mode. I would never be able to use a smaller screen phone again :lol:.
I'm almost exclusively on low power mode so I should get some good battery life :pimp:

A flip phone in 2020 seems like such a gimmick.

What's the practical application or benefit of a foldable phone?

Regardless, cop from here to save a few bucks:
It's the student discount store, but in my experience they don't ask for any type of proof that you're a student.

I know of this site, but never use it. Do they really not audit in anyway? Because I think whenever i upgrade my MBP, i'll be using this website.

PO

I know of this site, but never use it. Do they really not audit in anyway? Because I think whenever i upgrade my MBP, i'll be using this website.

PO
Yeah I've copped 3 items through here and when I picked up from the Apple Store they were just like regular transactions. I believe the fine print has some leniency built in. It says you can be a parent of a student or an educator yourself. They usually run promos around back to school time as well where you get a pair of Beats headphones for free in addition to the discount.

Back
Top Bottom