Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Did anyone else hear that this might be the last iphone with physical buttons???:rolleyes Definitely one of the main reason I got it. I also promised myself when the square edged design comes bacc I’m getting. Luckily I had the funds.

idk about buttons, probably the last one with a charging port though

Had to go to the Apple store to get my Air Pods Pro replaced, pretty painless process. Wanted to get a silicon case anyway.

Seemed like it was appointment only for genius and for pick up.

That’s fine if you can add them, since they’re all tied to your Apple ID, they’ll all be available to use at Apple checkout. In addition, if you need funds past the $2k limit, as you know you can add up 8 more gift cards at checkout to cover the rest.
Pulled some more hair out yesterday and discovered that my variation of gift card ("Apple Store" gift card) can't be redeemed or added to your Apple ID balance. I can add them to my wallet but they don't combine and stay as individual cards. If I had iTunes gift cards or "Apple" gift cards they would work fine. I sent a couple nasty emails to Apple yesterday so I think I'm on my own at this point :lol:.

The only idea I've come up with is to make 3 separate purchases (8, 8, 6) for AirPods or something, so that I can cancel/return and get refunded the balance on 3 gift cards. Then I'd be able to use those 3 refunded cards on the MacBook.

Pulled some more hair out yesterday and discovered that my variation of gift card ("Apple Store" gift card) can't be redeemed or added to your Apple ID balance. I can add them to my wallet but they don't combine and stay as individual cards. If I had iTunes gift cards or "Apple" gift cards they would work fine. I sent a couple nasty emails to Apple yesterday so I think I'm on my own at this point :lol:.

The only idea I've come up with is to make 3 separate purchases (8, 8, 6) for AirPods or something, so that I can cancel/return and get refunded the balance on 3 gift cards. Then I'd be able to use those 3 refunded cards on the MacBook.
That sucks, weird, since now Apple store and iTunes gift cards have the same function as of this summer, particularly can be added to a Apple ID account. I’ve added several old Apple store cards I had. Maybe your cards have a different caveat, some kind of promotional aspect?
If you have an iPhone or iPad, have you tried adding the cards via the App Store? That’s how I did it.
https://apps.apple.com/redeem?ref=OBT&code=

Last edited:
forgetting my password and getting locked out of my apple account was bad enough but trying to get my account unlocked and reset with a new password has been ridiculous. i've been on the phone and on chat with them and it's crazy. i have to wait for an email to come through "in a few days or so" and then follow the steps :angry:

3D15690E-2C5B-4F46-9E4C-7F539503C438.jpeg

M1 Base Air is STUPID performance wise. Wow

Has anyone’s cellular date through Tmobile been randomly shutting off and on? Service keeps randomly shutting off.

forgetting my password and getting locked out of my apple account was bad enough but trying to get my account unlocked and reset with a new password has been ridiculous. i've been on the phone and on chat with them and it's crazy. i have to wait for an email to come through "in a few days or so" and then follow the steps :angry:
Going through the same right now. So frustrating, I don’t have the patience for this :lol: :lol:
Gave my dad my old xs max. He already cancelled his old service so his phone number isn’t working. Trying to set it up but since his service is down they can’t text any codes to his number. Yesterday I had to wait a day because they “sent too many verification codes” today I finally switched the number now we have to wait until “this time tomorrow” to see if they even accept the changed number and then go on from there

What was the brand of foam tips you guys use for the Airpods Pro? My odd-shaped ear canals need them lol

Any major compatibility issues? I just got my 2019 MacBook Pro back from keyboard repair. I may sell it and grab an Air.
From the reviews I've seen online and YouTube, most are preaching that there are pretty much no compatibility issues. Virtualization doesn't work though so if you use VMware or Parallels or Virtualbox you'll need to wait for those programs to be updated. Maybe some development environments. But if you're just a regular MS Office/web browsing/photo&video editing user, you should be fine.

I know the feeling. If you don't have a iPad or Mac/Macbook, please disable 2 factor identification or you'll be screwed if you lose your phone and try to login to iTunes from a laptop for Find my iPhone. They will only send the verification code to apple hardware (iPhone, iPad, Mac/MacBook)

From the reviews I've seen online and YouTube, most are preaching that there are pretty much no compatibility issues. Virtualization doesn't work though so if you use VMware or Parallels or Virtualbox you'll need to wait for those programs to be updated. Maybe some development environments. But if you're just a regular MS Office/web browsing/photo&video editing user, you should be fine.
Main thing holding me back is bootcamp. We have some windows software for work I need, and I do not feel like having two separate devices just to run a few programs a few hrs a week. REALLY want an M1 device though. Everything I hear about battery life intrigues me.

Got the Magsafe wallet for my mini. Great fit and perfect magnet strength. The shielding makes it a little thicker than it needs to be but I guess that amount of shielding is necessary. It also makes it feel sturdy. My only gripe is that it really only works with two cards, unlike most reviews I saw that said you can use three. Three will fit but then they don’t slide out easily via the thumb hole.

Main thing holding me back is bootcamp. We have some windows software for work I need, and I do not feel like having two separate devices just to run a few programs a few hrs a week. REALLY want an M1 device though. Everything I hear about battery life intrigues me.
That was a barrier for me too but I'm leaning towards just saying **** it :lol:. I use VMware Fusion for work and personal, but not really enough to hold me back. If I really need Windows I can just RDP into a machine at one of my company's offices. And once arm64 is supported for virtualization it'll be a non issue anyway. At least VMware has said it's in the works.

Battery life and performance at the price point almost seem too good to be true even though they are true. No Touchbar on the Air is also a win for me. Really the only downside personally is screen size. I'd love to have something bigger than 13in but not sure the potential 14in models will be worth the wait (or price). 16in are just too far out of my price range as a non power user.

That was a barrier for me too but I'm leaning towards just saying **** it :lol:. I use VMware Fusion for work and personal, but not really enough to hold me back. If I really need Windows I can just RDP into a machine at one of my company's offices. And once arm64 is supported for virtualization it'll be a non issue anyway. At least VMware has said it's in the works.

Battery life and performance at the price point almost seem too good to be true even though they are true. No Touchbar on the Air is also a win for me. Really the only downside personally is screen size. I'd love to have something bigger than 13in but not sure the potential 14in models will be worth the wait (or price). 16in are just too far out of my price range as a non power user.
Yea truth is I LOVE my 19' 15-in. It is perfect in almost everything. So sizing down would be a negative, but no touchbar and what seems like impossible battery life and performance gains.

I did think about running a windows VM on my unRAID server, but I really don't want to go through all that trouble. It might just be I have to build a desktop and if I am traveling I will have to remote in like you said. With COVID and all though, traveling has been really low, but we were already WFH before COVID for almost a decade.

Back
Top Bottom