• Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
nah, not worth all that trouble

miss my black macbook the space grey just not the same

If they can make a pure white anodized aluminum :wow:
Exactly. That matte-ish finish in white would be sick.

Unrelated, lots of places/people touting the M1 Air as essentially a perfect machine. Tempting to cop. If Apple didn't make me jump through so many hoops to use my giftcards I would've copped a new device a year ago :lol:. My 2015 Air has been gradually showing its age for awhile, even more so since updating to Big Sur.

dam just googled to see what white anodized aluminum looks like and it looks like it hasnt been done? :nerd: aint no way apple going to do it until someone else comes up with it and they rebrand it as the best and first ever.

Exactly. That matte-ish finish in white would be sick.

Unrelated, lots of places/people touting the M1 Air as essentially a perfect machine. Tempting to cop. If Apple didn't make me jump through so many hoops to use my giftcards I would've copped a new device a year ago :lol:. My 2015 Air has been gradually showing its age for awhile, even more so since updating to Big Sur.
what problem did you have with the Apple gift cards?

what problem did you have with the Apple gift cards?
I've racked up 20+ gift cards thru Barclaycard Rewards but you can only use 8 gift cards on a transaction on apple.com. It's been a pain in the *** trying to get them merged so I can use them all and get a nice chunk knocked off the purchase.

I've racked up 20+ gift cards thru Barclaycard Rewards but you can only use 8 gift cards on a transaction on apple.com. It's been a pain in the *** trying to get them merged so I can use them all and get a nice chunk knocked off the purchase.
The work around to the limit is to add/redeem the gift cards to your apple account, then you can apply the total balance to your purchase(s). You can even use the balance at a Apple store. You can store up to $2K at apple.com/redeem and if needed still stack another 8 gift cards during checkout.

The work around to the limit is to add/redeem the gift cards to your apple account, then you can apply the total balance to your purchase(s). You can even use the balance at a Apple store. You can store up to $2K at apple.com/redeem and if needed still stack another 8 gift cards during checkout.
Gonna do this later, thanks for the tip. How hasn't one out of the ten Apple employees I've talked to not recommended this? :lol:

EDIT: Doesn't work for some reason. Keeps telling me the code is invalid for every card.

Last edited:
Gonna do this later, thanks for the tip. How hasn't one out of the ten Apple employees I've talked to not recommended this? :lol:

EDIT: Doesn't work for some reason. Keeps telling me the code is invalid for every card.
Might be a temp issue with Apple? I added a couple of mine last night.
I’m sure most of their staff has no idea about this workaround. :lol:
In their defense, it’s fairly new since they started to merge iTunes and Apple gift cards systems recently.

Last edited:
Might be a temp issue with Apple? I added a couple of mine last night.
Which type of gift card? Seems like there are a few flavors. The back of mine says "Not redeemable on iTunes store" and when i go to the website it redirects me to the App Store to enter the code. Idk maybe that's screwing it up.

I was able to use my camera app to scan the QR code on the card, and it adds it to my Apple wallet. But it looks like it's adding them one by one and not combining the balance :ohwell:.

Edit again:
I found a different link on Apple's site, which loads me into a different screen in the app store, which I THINK is allowing me to enter my type of gift card. But when I enter the code it tells me that "Code redemption is temporarily unavailable." :lol:

IMG_0495.jpg IMG_6839.jpg

Last edited:
Which type of gift card? Seems like there are a few flavors. The back of mine says "Not redeemable on iTunes store" and when i go to the website it redirects me to the App Store to enter the code. Idk maybe that's screwing it up.

I was able to use my camera app to scan the QR code on the card, and it adds it to my Apple wallet. But it looks like it's adding them one by one and not combining the balance :ohwell:.

Edit again:
I found a different link on Apple's site, which loads me into a different screen in the app store, which I THINK is allowing me to enter my type of gift card. But when I enter the code it tells me that "Code redemption is temporarily unavailable." :lol:

IMG_0495.jpg IMG_6839.jpg
That’s fine if you can add them, since they’re all tied to your Apple ID, they’ll all be available to use at Apple checkout. In addition, if you need funds past the $2k limit, as you know you can add up 8 more gift cards at checkout to cover the rest.

i went through an ordeal past couple of days starting with cracking the display on my x. took it to an authorized shop and they got my apple account locked by entering too many iterations of my apple password that i couldn’t remember and because of that, they couldn’t fix the display.

bought a 12 pro and it feels fantastic. super reminiscent of the best iphone ever - the 4! problem i have now is that i can’t restore this phone from the cloud cause my account is still locked. dang it!!!

Back
Top Bottom