Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Anyone used the logic app on the new MacBook Pro 16”? I plan on getting one in a month and I just want to know what it’s like? I actually want to learn and eventually perfect making beats, so I was just curious on how I should build my future MacBook Pro? Also, is it true famous producers use logic?

Lol if you are simply using for browsing and watching, MBA M1 is more than enough and at half of price.
Now if you're YT creators, or doing photo editing, MBPro M1 definitely is recommended.
Just my 2 cents.

Yea I do graphic design and dabble in a little web design as well. My old laptop is super sluggish now and it can be very frustrating working on it at times. I need something more powerful that'll last a while.

I went to see what color of those leather bands they have for the watches, I was expecting like $60 since the regular ole ones were $50 (too damn high regardless) but ain’t no way in hell I’m paying that for a damn watch band

4F7737BD-C15B-4D9F-8BB0-DC2187AA7841.jpeg

Update I got the midnight leather band :lol:

I still didn’t pay for it though, wife just gave it to me about a week before Christmas. Along with a Nike band

They both feel great on though

So been an iPhone 13 for about 5 days after using Android since 2011.

Things I miss from Android:

1. YouTube Vanced
2. Being able to put apps wherever I want
3. Easy/quick access to app library
4. Call screening/spam detection
5. Tachiyomi
6. Fingerprint sensor
7. Individual volume settings (ringer/alarm/media)
8. Being able to save timers
9. Back button

So been an iPhone 13 for about 5 days after using Android since 2011.

Things I miss from Android:

1. YouTube Vanced
2. Being able to put apps wherever I want
3. Easy/quick access to app library
4. Call screening/spam detection
5. Tachiyomi
6. Fingerprint sensor
7. Individual volume settings (ringer/alarm/media)
8. Being able to save timers
9. Back button

1) dunno what you mean by Youtube vanced
2) you can move apps wherever you want; hold down app icon and drag to wherever you want to put app including the bottom of the screen (4-5 apps max); apple/ios also has widgets now for many apps which can be sized
3) swipe left to end of app pages to access full app library
4) screen calling/filter settings are in the settings > phone
5) dont know what this is
6) missing from iphones
7) change ringer volume using toggles on side WITHOUT media playing; change volume setting for media WHILE media is playing; change alarm volume in the alarm settings app while setting alarm
8) unsure if timers are saved.
9) swiping right can sometimes be used as back button); there is usually a back button or icon somewhere on the page to indicate going back.

1) dunno what you mean by Youtube vanced
2) you can move apps wherever you want; hold down app icon and drag to wherever you want to put app including the bottom of the screen (4-5 apps max); apple/ios also has widgets now for many apps which can be sized
3) swipe left to end of app pages to access full app library
4) screen calling/filter settings are in the settings > phone
5) dont know what this is
6) missing from iphones
7) change ringer volume using toggles on side WITHOUT media playing; change volume setting for media WHILE media is playing; change alarm volume in the alarm settings app while setting alarm
8) unsure if timers are saved.
9) swiping right can sometimes be used as back button); there is usually a back button or icon somewhere on the page to indicate going back.
1. Youtube w/ adblocker. Guess the move is to use Safari with an adblocker? meh ...
2. No, the apps are all justified to the top left corner. Say I want something like 8 apps in the middle third of my screen or towards the bottom (besides the docked ones). People are legit using "invisible" widgets/apps to force apps to be in certain places.
3. One swipe up was much faster. Here I gotta swipe all the way right, then up once for an alphabetical app drawer.
4. The silence unknown callers? Guess this is ok. It'd be nice of the number could be identified as spam.
5. Manga reader
6. Hopefully the new update with mask unlocking works good!
7. Android it would just bring up a menu with 4 different audio bars I could adjust
8. :frown:
9. Yup, just realized that swipe right. Works like 70% of the time I guess?

Last edited:
Debating on what to do,

I have a 2010-2011 MBP that I only use for D&D sessions with my friends, and to do my taxes or something like that. The reason I’ve held onto it for so long is because I debated adding RAM, and installing an SSD to extend its life a little.

But now I’m thinking about just getting an iPad Pro. Then started adding the accessories, and realize it’s almost as much as an entry level MBP. Now obviously I’d use the iPad Pro, new MBP, or upgraded MBP more often than what I’m currently using it for.

Just trying to decide if it’d even be worth it to try and upgrade my current MBP?

Debating on what to do,

I have a 2010-2011 MBP that I only use for D&D sessions with my friends, and to do my taxes or something like that. The reason I’ve held onto it for so long is because I debated adding RAM, and installing an SSD to extend its life a little.

But now I’m thinking about just getting an iPad Pro. Then started adding the accessories, and realize it’s almost as much as an entry level MBP. Now obviously I’d use the iPad Pro, new MBP, or upgraded MBP more often than what I’m currently using it for.

Just trying to decide if it’d even be worth it to try and upgrade my current MBP?

I was in a similar situation and installed 16GB of RAM + 2 SSDs (removed the optical drive) for about $330 and it’s so much quicker now. Even in hindsight, I would still do it again because the difference really is night and day. Before the swap, it could take several minutes just to login after a restart and now it takes 30 seconds, if that. Opening apps is almost instantaneous now too.

The drawbacks are the fan kicks on sooner and can get noisy if you’re using a resource intensive site, like Netflix, and installing the second SSD made the laptop noticeably heavier.

I’m not sure how intensive D&D is, but if you don’t foresee yourself needing/wanting an updated GPU and don’t mind the DIY process of installing everything, then I’d say go for the upgrade. If you think you’ll be traveling with and/or using your laptop for more stuff, then you might want to just consider buying a new one, so you can have a better performing CPU/GPU and lighter to carry around too.

Debating on what to do,

Currently working with the 12.9 inch 512GB M1 iPad Pro and this is my second iPad Pro. I haven’t had a Personal computer outside of the one my company gave me for years. The iPad coupled with Apple Pencil and magic keyboard pretty much allow me to do everything on my iPad. Streaming movies/shows, Xbox game pass, and pretty intensive video editing. I do it all from my iPad. And the very few things I can’t do on my iPad, I do on a cheap chrome book that I run Linux on. I also picked up a 1TB external ssd to even further minimize the stuff I store on the iPad considering how much space video projects can take. The questions you have to ask yourself is what you’ll be using the iPad for and does iPadOS do it well. If the answer is yes, and you have an iPhone too, it’s a no brainer. But if you fell like you’ll need the ability to run software that isn’t compatible with an app on the AppStore than I’d do with the mac book.

battery life on my 11 pro max is starting to go to ****. thinking about picking up a 13 pro max. best options right now to grab one? im on tmobile if it matters

battery life on my 11 pro max is starting to go to ****. thinking about picking up a 13 pro max. best options right now to grab one? im on tmobile if it matters

If t-mobile is still offering $800 for trade-in, then that’s your best bet. Apple is only offering $450 for trade-in.

Yeah I’m still thinking of grabbing a 13 pro too, with then$800 AT&T trade in. Will cost me more by waiting and having no more trade value with my XR

Back
Top Bottom