Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Yes it’s safe to assume your current phone will have less trade-in value by the time the 14 releases. And there will likely be more sales on the 13 when the 14 releases which would offset the loss in trade-in value. Will the 14 be leaps and bounds better than the 13? Probably not. But the jump from an XS to a 13/14 would be noticeable. https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/sh...d-the-last-five-years-of-iphones-to-find-out/

Bottom line, I don’t think a couple hundred dollars should be the deciding factor for a $1,000+ device. It simply boils down to do you want the 13 or the 14? And if the battery life is the driving factor, get a replacement. I did it for my X as I wait for the 14.

alright bit the bullet and grabbed the 13 pro max this afternoon. tmobile offered me $235 for my old *** 7+ so I got to keep my 11 pro max (will trade this in for the 14 in the fall with a promo) and then I can sell the 13 when the 14 drops.

one question, since I have both the 11 PM and 13 PM for now. is there a way to have the 11 also used for imessage so I can text off it while on wifi and the 13 is in another room charging or whatever? I have the apple ID set up on both still, but when I try to send a message off the 11 it goes green and doesnt deliver. ive got the apple id and my number checked in the messages settings under receive messages to and reply from. then the start new convo one has my # checked

alright bit the bullet and grabbed the 13 pro max this afternoon. tmobile offered me $235 for my old *** 7+ so I got to keep my 11 pro max (will trade this in for the 14 in the fall with a promo) and then I can sell the 13 when the 14 drops.

one question, since I have both the 11 PM and 13 PM for now. is there a way to have the 11 also used for imessage so I can text off it while on wifi and the 13 is in another room charging or whatever? I have the apple ID set up on both still, but when I try to send a message off the 11 it goes green and doesnt deliver. ive got the apple id and my number checked in the messages settings under receive messages to and reply from. then the start new convo one has my # checked

Did you try the Text Message Forwarding setting? It’s in Settings > Messages too.

Is it true that on new Macs you can't download cracked software anymore? (like Photoshop etc)

Is it true that on new Macs you can't download cracked software anymore? (like Photoshop etc)

you can still do it, but mac updates sometimes kill the app which can be frustrating and leave you without an app for a few days/weeks until a patch is created

i personally started using this website. it's essentially a web version of photoshop and it's free.. saved me the hassle of maintaining a cracked version.. works on iPad too.

My sister ordered a new iPhone last week and apparently it was stolen before it ever made its way to UPS :lol: :smh:. And now Apple making her jump thru hoops to try and rectify the situation.

Any recommendations for flash storage device for an iPad? Just ordered a 64GB 6th gen mini to replace my buggy/slow 4th gen. Mainly use it to download shows/movies for flights and light browsing around the house. Couldn't justify paying for the 256GB when I barely used a quarter of the 128GB storage on my 4th gen.

Any recommendations for flash storage device for an iPad? Just ordered a 64GB 6th gen mini to replace my buggy/slow 4th gen. Mainly use it to download shows/movies for flights and light browsing around the house. Couldn't justify paying for the 256GB when I barely used a quarter of the 128GB storage on my 4th gen.

Purchase based on your use which is what you already did. 🤷‍♂️

Are you downloading shows/movies within apps for offline use? Or are you importing video files from outside the iPad/via browser?

A flash drive/hard drive is only going to help you with files you can access manually via the the files app. That doesn’t apply to Netflix, YouTube, HBOMax etc because you won’t be able to access that downloaded content outside of the apps you downloaded them in. In that case you would need more internal storage.

when it comes to iphones and ipads, always err on the side of more functional internal capacity cause thats all youre going to get. now adays 64gb models are meant for streaming and cloud based saving.

My first ipad pro was the 2018 64gb and i had to upgrade a year later because most of the apps that benefit from what the ipad was capable of (video/photo editing) took up so much space that i was constantly downloading and deleting stuff depending on what i wanted to run. upgraded to the m1 512gb and have a 1tb external ssd that i use between my ipad and other devices and im never worrying about space anymore

Are you downloading shows/movies within apps for offline use? Or are you importing video files from outside the iPad/via browser?

A flash drive/hard drive is only going to help you with files you can access manually via the the files app. That doesn’t apply to Netflix, YouTube, HBOMax etc because you won’t be able to access that downloaded content outside of the apps you downloaded them in. In that case you would need more internal storage.
I’m downloading within app (Netflix, etc.) for offline viewing during the occasional 3/4 hour flight. Any other time I’m streaming and use my phone to store music. 128GB would’ve been perfect for my storage anxiety.

I did download King’s Man as a test and saw that was only 3 gigs. 64GB should be ok for a couple movies/series as long as I delete after viewing.

I’m downloading within app (Netflix, etc.) for offline viewing during the occasional 3/4 hour flight. Any other time I’m streaming and use my phone to store music. 128GB would’ve been perfect for my storage anxiety.

I did download King’s Man as a test and saw that was only 3 gigs. 64GB should be ok for a couple movies/series as long as I delete after viewing.

yeah as i thought, external storage isnt going to help you much. as long as youre okay with managing your data and deleting stuff youll be fine. if you just got it you might still be able to swap for the 128gb

Daughter broke her screen last night, it broke her soul as well

5275192A-183A-49A4-94FC-EB99ECE9BE34.jpeg

It’s my old iPhone 7 which is worth less than what screen replacement cost

ordered a replacement kit on Amazon last night… Any thoughts, tips, advice?

If the process is too difficult I may just sleep a screen protector on it

Got this one

DEED0355-94FC-47F1-926D-5E670FDEE43D.png

Last edited:
just upgraded from X to 13 Pro. Currently shopping for cases while waiting for its arrival. Can anyone recommend a case that eliminates the camera bubble and allows it lay flat? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom