Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
My upgrade isn't due until mid October but I was wondering what the upgrade to the camera was like. Any thoughts so far?

What really kills me memory wise is the "Documents and Data" cause you have no idea how to delete that. My iMessage was 4GB. :x

Perhaps, but everybody needs a phone...not everyone needs a laptop, lending to the propensity for some individuals to do things that they--given a tablet or laptop-- would instead do on those devices.

And I'm postulating, not saying it's definitely the way things are.

I just happen to know a lot of people who fit this characterization.
Im trying to understand the heart of your post ( I'm assuming) is it that people cant afford two devices so they compromise to get the more expensive one? Or they compromise function or flashy? 

I wouldnt necessarily say we NEED a phone.. I can argue how I NEED my CPUs vs a smartphone 

I know plenty of professionals who live this lifestyle. Its all preference some people feel as tho they need/want a laptop vs a phone or vise versa 

So maybe I missed what you were trying to get at  

What really kills me memory wise is the "Documents and Data" cause you have no idea how to delete that. My iMessage was 4GB. :x

That's nothing. My iPhone 5 had 12.7gb of text messages because since my 3G back in 08 I kept restoring from back up and never deleted my messages. Now I try to delete them from iPhone 5 and they won't go away. The phone freezes up and when I restart they all come back. Starting fresh on this iPhone 6

People are all different. For example I am the iMac and iPhone guy. I find I don't need a laptop at all and love just a huge monitor at home rather than something that folds up. Some people I know are the laptop and iPad and iPhone guy. I know some professionals that travel a lot. The need a laptop just cause an iPad isn't going to always cut it with their work. When they go on meetings, they bring their iPad for note reasons and have an iPhone for talking. So it really depends on the person and what they do. I have an iPad mini and I feel like this thing is going to get no love in the future. I swear I am only going to use it when I move out and get a house and it will just be in a bathroom for when I want to read stuff when on the john.

You're not gonna be able to delete that from the iPhone. You're gonna need to manually go into your back up. It's a bug. Google how to delete iPhone saved messages. You need a program called ibackupbot. It's free tho. Over time it adds up and will take all your memory depending on your phone size.

I don't really expect anyone to come out and corroborate what I'm saying, but I know from working with people who are effectively poor on a daily basis...that
Im trying to understand the heart of your post ( I'm assuming) is it that people cant afford two devices so they compromise to get the more expensive one? Or they compromise function or flashy? 

I wouldnt necessarily say we NEED a phone.. I can argue how I NEED my CPUs vs a smartphone 

I know plenty of professionals who live this lifestyle. Its all preference some people feel as tho they need/want a laptop vs a phone or vise versa 

So maybe I missed what you were trying to get at  

I probably didn't articulate it very well. What I'm saying is, if you are of low financial means, well you obviously aren't going to have phone + tablet + laptop + apple tv + mobile bill + cable bill.

So of all those, which is the most essential and which ones have functions that, in a pinch, can be substituted by others.

The obvious answer is...you NEED the phone...you order pizza with it, call for emergency road side assistance with it, accept calls from potential employers. It serves an essential everyday need for telephonic communication.

And since, you are already getting a phone along with the requisite mobile bill...and know you don't have the wherewithal to also afford a tablet + cable internet, or laptop + cable internet...then well, you get the largest phone you can buy, because then it can also double as your Netflix device and a way to shop on Amazon, etc.

Last edited:
just ordered the Spigen Slim Armor Case for 16 shipped off amazon. it'll be here tuesday.

I'll let you guys know how it works out
WTF.... I ordered the Capsule Case from them a week ago and still hasnt shipped 
mean.gif

Went to apple store today to get a case they didnt have any so Day 2 no case 

I don't really expect anyone to come out and corroborate what I'm saying, but I know from working with people who are effectively poor on a daily basis...that
I probably didn't articulate it very well. What I'm saying is, if you are of low financial means, well you obviously aren't going to have phone + tablet + laptop + apple tv + mobile bill + cable bill.

So of all those, which is the most essential and which ones have functions that, in a pinch, can be substituted by others.

The obvious answer is...you NEED the phone...you order pizza with it, call for emergency road side assistance with it, accept calls from potential employers. It serves an essential everyday need for telephonic communication.

And since, you are already getting a phone along with the requisite mobile bill...and know you don't have the wherewithal to also afford a tablet + cable internet, or laptop + cable internet...then well, you get the largest phone you can buy, because then it can also double as your Netflix device and a way to shop on Amazon, etc.
I understand you now homie but your on a sneaker forum where dudes are dropping $200 on gym shoes weekly 
laugh.gif

But to piggy back your argument misguided people always make bad choices

You would be suprised what some people do... I knew a chic that was broke as **** but spent her tax money on a ipod,ipad, desktop PC and iphone......

and didnt even have internet... so yes some people need help 

So Cutty came to help her out 
roll.gif

WTF.... I ordered the Capsule Case from them a week ago and still hasnt shipped :smh:

Went to apple store today to get a case they didnt have any so Day 2 no case 

Tuesday is the target delivery date. We'll see if it even ships before then :lol:

TBH I have a iMac, MBP, iPad and iPhone and I only use one out of the 4 :smh: I think the iPad is the most useless, don't like sitting at a desk so I could use my MBP but I felt like my home needed a computer

On another note, what sports and news apps are you guys using? Wasn't there suppose to be some setting to help manage what is using most of your battery too?

This is the type of screen protector I use. Some kinda military grade film idk that's what they say but I've used it for my GS3 iPad ipods iPhone 4 .. Never have to switch it out ever

Seller says it outlasts the life of your phone and for 2 years at the least I don't have to change it. Idk why the 6+ ones are so cheap cuz all my other ones were at least $10-$15

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231328875401

Genuine XtremeGuard FULL BODY Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 6 Plus (5.5")

TBH I have a iMac, MBP, iPad and iPhone and I only use one out of the 4 :smh: I think the iPad is the most useless, don't like sitting at a desk so I could use my MBP but I felt like my home needed a computer

On another note, what sports and news apps are you guys using? Wasn't there suppose to be some setting to help manage what is using most of your battery too?

which is why ive never bought an ipad. i think its worthless IMO

if you have an iphone, whats the point of an ipad? same thing just slightly bigger. i do have a macbook tho which is used ALL the time

How much should I put my black iPhone 5 16gb Verizon factory unlocked phone for sale? Craigslist has a bunch but asking around $300 minimum. While on eBay they are going around $200-250. Prices are all over the place

Prides aren't all over the place.
Iphone5 is the easiest thing to sell, if you watch it sell.
Asking the around about how much gets you all over the place prices, check ebay listings that have closed, and you will see what's fair.

So does anyone know what time (time zone) the online reservations for apple store pickup are reset? Not sure what time to check.

There is a reason iPads are 249-299 at Staples when they used to be 599+ minimum.

Who uses an iPad when your iphone is quicker and more convenient?

iPads are for old folks selling real estate and personal assistants on Love and Hip Hop type shows who stunt

Am I able to exchange my 16gb for a 64? Got it online from apple and I already opened it and set it up. Also have AppleCare for it.. Any way I can still exchange it tho?

:nerd:

Last edited:
I beg to differ. I got a MacBook pro for graduation in 2011 when I had an iPhone. Loved it use it all the time. Surprise gift I got an iPad for Christmas this past year, use it all the time only time I'm on the MBP is when it comes to release day sneakers then I got the iPad n MBP out.

I'm on the iPad a lot more than the computer. They both serve their purposes. Only down side to the iPad is not having the keyboard so it can be tricky typing if it's not flat in my lap, then it's one finger tapping

My girl got me the regular 6 in space gray 64gb.
I'm coming from a 4s so this 6 looks really great. Can't believe how fast LTE is. On 3G I used to get like 5down/2up.
She got it at RadioShack and I took my 4s with water damage back for $80, not bad.
They also gave me a $50 iTunes gift card.

View media item 1189042

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom