Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
The s models are always an improvement on the new number model & always has features that the 1st edition doesn't/won't have.

So when you think about it..... s models >>>>>

People go crazy for the new number models because it's a brand new design & they want to have it first. But they don't do anything that the previous s model cant do.

I guess it's all relative depending on what you value most, but that's my opinion on it.

Not quite accurate.

I mean the 4s was good, but the 5 introduced LTE to iPhones which is a significant upgrade, since phones are less phones now and more data-driven mobile computing devices.

And if word from the supply chains is correct, the 6 will have a larger screen, which is also a significant upgrade over the 5s.

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly agree. I look at features like these and think: yea, that's nice but where is the application for daily living. Like he said, the phone is literally 2 inches away from you.

The only things apple can do for me at this point...

1. Advanced LTE

2. bigger screen

3. True mobile payments solution. I think the fingerprint scanner is the first step towards that, but it will take time to implement and get retailers on board; which is why the 5s is not worth upgrading to right now from the 5.

I see the next iphone having Wifi AC support, MAYBE Voice over LTE ( I think they will save it for the 6s though since only VZW will have it up and running this yr/next year), more ram to actually utilize the 64 bit chips, and of course a redesign, word is they are currently testing larger screens/have been testing since late last year/Jan so I expect a larger iphone, because TIm Cook has hinted that they will increase size when time is right and dont have to sacrifice app quality from Fragmentation. I believe that iOS 8 will support the larger screens because by then the iphone 4 probably wont be compatible so they only have to worry about iphone 4s Compatibility.

What I would want in an iPhone:

- a stylus/being able to write on my phone (a la the Note) but I guess you would need a bigger screen for that...
- a bigger screen, which of course wouldn't happen in an S model
- more memory/sd slot. but we all know Apple won't let that happen. That's their money grab and it makes the most sense business-wise. But at least upgrade the memory tiers to 32, 64, 128gb. But it seems like Memory has slowed down in the past few years, was expecting 4TB external HDD's to be $75-100 by now. Must have been the illeffects of those floods in Thailand.

No direspect to you personally, but I can't stand people who want bigger screen sizes on iPhones.

These devices are meant to be placed in your pocket with out looking like a fool and being comfortable. I'm satisfied with the current screen size of the 5. I don't want some big @ss rectangle shape standing out thing and barely fits in my jean pockets. Just buy an iPad Mini.

If anything Apple should increase screen size but not enlarge the phone.

Last edited:
No direspect to you personally, but I can't stand people who want bigger screen sizes on iPhones.

These devices are meant to be placed in your pocket with out looking like a fool and being comfortable. I'm satisfied with the current screen size of the 5. I don't want some big @ss rectangle shape standing out thing and barely fits in my jean pockets. Just buy an iPad Mini.

Hope Apple slightly increases screen size but does not enlarge the phone.

it would be dope if they make the bezels smaller but idk how they would re arrange the screen stuff, because the actual device is like 4.3 inches or something. I see them going to a 4.5 with super small bezel but who knows.

The s models are always an improvement on the new number model & always has features that the 1st edition doesn't/won't have.

So when you think about it..... s models >>>>>

People go crazy for the new number models because it's a brand new design & they want to have it first. But they don't do anything that the previous s model cant do.

I guess it's all relative depending on what you value most, but that's my opinion on it.
Not quite accurate.

I mean the 4s was good, but the 5 introduced LTE to iPhones which is a significant upgrade, since phones are less phones now and more data-driven mobile computing devices.

And if word from the supply chains is correct, the 6 will have a larger screen, which is also a significant upgrade over the 5s.
I mean, yea of course they get faster every year. That's a given. The 4s definitely isn't slow, even without having LTE.

Bigger screen is also a design change.

But what features (like video recording on 3gs, siri on 4s, & fingerprint detection on 5s) are added to the new number models that the previous s model doesn't have?

They do the same things. But the new s models ALWAYS has features that aren't available for the model before it.

:lol: Lucky pretty much said it best. If you have a 5, don't get the 5S. The 5S is for the people who have a 4S and its about that time to upgrade.

If you upgrade from the 5 to the 5S this year, next year you'll be salty as hell...

If you think all this stuff is so amazing, that you have to upgrade early out of contract, then just wait until the 6 drops. You'll make another irresponsible decision, breaking another newly renewed/upgraded contract just to have the latest phone.

Don't let Apple serve you that good kool aid, the 5S is as always, a processor upgrade to the 5. A complete upgrade package will come next year. Have some damn patience.:lol:

Cause next year the 6 will drop, with a new body, twice the performance as this new model, better camera, better graphics, etc etc. And then everyone will say "Damn"

You "can't stand people who want bigger screen sizes"

That seems a bit harsh and hateful. I mean, if you don't like them yourself, that's fine. But one size does not fit all. I was once strongly entrenched in that camp too, but as I get older my vision isn't as sharp and I would honestly welcome a 4.5-4.7inch at this point.

Not to mention, there are tons of poor people whose only computing device is their phone and they would like larger screens.

The portability issue does suck...but I'd give up a little pocket room for more screen real estate at this point.

And whoever said they want a stylus on their iphone has to be ******g 45 years old or something. Why do you want that? :x

Old man technology. Thats like saying you want a car phone or something.

You "can't stand people who want bigger screen sizes"

That seems a bit harsh and hateful. I mean, if you don't like them yourself, that's fine. But one size does not fit all. I was once strongly entrenched in that camp too, but as I get older my vision isn't as sharp and I would honestly welcome a 4.5-4.7inch at this point.

Not to mention, there are tons of poor people whose only computing device is their phone and they would like larger screens.

The portability issue does suck...but I'd give up a little pocket room for more screen real estate at this point.

Well said

Its funny since i use my 4s at the gym as an mp3 player in my armband i don't want a bigger screen. I actually would love an iphone mini :lol: that has a lot of storage a worse camera to save space so the phone would be super thin but run ios7. I have an ipad2 and am completely satisfied with that. So i want my phone basically as an awesome small light weight mp3 player.

Waits for appleID so i can make my own custom phone :lol:

On the fence about upgrading. I like all the new camera features, these wont be available on the 5 on iOS7 right? 

Eh... If I can walk in and buy one I may just upgrade, because there seems to be no preorder for the 5S.

I don't see why the 5 wouldn't have the camera features, it's more than capable. Unless they're pulling another Siri and just leaving it off for the hell of it, to which I'll look for jailbreak to mend that gap once again. But knowing apple they probably will cripple feature for on the non-5s models and run commercials all day about how necessary it is to have said features.

And honestly I had a 4.3 inch droid x before the iPhone and I wasn't a fan of the size then, so I know i won't be welcomed to size of most phones on the market today.

Last edited:
Well said

Its funny since i use my 4s at the gym as an mp3 player in my armband i don't want a bigger screen. I actually would love an iphone mini :lol: that has a lot of storage a worse camera to save space so the phone would be super thin but run ios7. I have an ipad2 and am completely satisfied with that. So i want my phone basically as an awesome small light weight mp3 player.

man, I used to work out with my 5. After 1 week of inadvertently spilling my water bottle on it and dropping it out of my pocket by accident, I went out and bought a nano for the gym. Plus, something about the jostling a phone receives while perched on a treadmill never seemed right. I mean, it's delicate electrical equipment with tons of tiny parts in there. All that bouncing can't be good for it.

Apple really screwed with people when the iPhone 4 came out. The iPhone 3 was so slow that the iPhone 3Gs was almost worth upgrading. Then when the iPhone 4 came out with the new design and features, everyone wanted to upgrade whether iPhone 3 or 3Gs. So now I think people have it in their mind that this is what was going to happen from now on and every other "S" phone has not been a deal breaker.

Well said

man, I used to work out with my 5. After 1 week of inadvertently spilling my water bottle on it and dropping it out of my pocket by accident, I went out and bought a nano for the gym. Plus, something about the jostling a phone receives while perched on a treadmill never seemed right. I mean, it's delicate electrical equipment with tons of tiny parts in there. All that bouncing can't be good for it.

I think i might still do this. Have phone...mp3 player...and ipad :lol: I dropped my 4S shattered the back (thank god only the back) while running outside :smh: but the thing has been wet from sweat bounced around a ton had the speaker not work 2 times because it got wet....some how still kicking....minus the back being cracked works just like new. I honestly love my phone and with the jailbreak id keep it forever if i could :lol: But i see it dying...a nano coming...then just picking up a Nokia Lumia and maybe upgrading my ipad2 in the near future to a refurb retina one later.

Apple really screwed with people when the iPhone 4 came out. The iPhone 3 was so slow that the iPhone 3Gs was almost worth upgrading. Then when the iPhone 4 came out with the new design and features, everyone wanted to upgrade whether iPhone 3 or 3Gs. So now I think people have it in their mind that this is what was going to happen from now on and every other "S" phone has not been a deal breaker.

I have yet to cop a "S" model. Had the 3G, 4, and picked up the 5 earlier this year.

The TouchiD and the iSight camera are certainly enough to upgrade imo and I have a 5. That said I do upgrade every year... :rolleyes In terms of the 5c its exactly the same as the 5, for $100 less with a new look. There is no difference between it and someone purchasing a 4s last year except it has a new shell (which I would assume would be a positive thing). They are phasing out the 5 completely which is something they never do with prior models. Not sure why its viewed so negatively.

Iphone 5c labeled as the "budget" phone is laughable. At $549 no contract is not cheap. Lol you can get an iPhone 5s $100 more. Iphone 5 will a lot cheaper, anyone who buys the C will be a moron.

any graphics illustrating the difference between 5 x 5s x 5c??

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom