Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
All this talk about using upgrades reminds me why I usually try to buy phones outright.  It hurts to pay that much up front for a phone, but I love not having to worry about upgrades, contract extensions and all that.  

And the beauty of the iPhone is that I can sell the old joint and only have to come out of pocket about $200ish to get the new one.  I couldn't do that when I had a GNex and Nexus 4.  

All this talk about using upgrades reminds me why I usually try to buy phones outright.  It hurts to pay that much up front for a phone, but I love not having to worry about upgrades, contract extensions and all that.  

And the beauty of the iPhone is that I can sell the old joint and only have to come out of pocket about $200ish to get the new one.  I couldn't do that when I had a GNex and Nexus 4.  
With the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4 you could do the same thing.

Iphone 5 16GB off contract 649

Nexus 4 16GB 350

At worse you'd only come out of your pocket for a few hundred if you upgraded either device.

Nexus 4 16GB 350

At worse you'd only come out of your pocket for a few hundred if you upgraded either device.

I was going to post this exactly. Gnex only like 299-349

You can easily sell your old one for 150-200, come out of pocket the same amount. Spewing that false shade :smh:

5S looks :pimp: but since I got the 5 in late 2012, I'll wait for 6.

Like someone said above, I actually DON'T want a bigger screen. I love how light and small the 5 is, and my tiny hands (and johnson) can't handle a larger screen.

Iphone 5c labeled as the "budget" phone is laughable. At $549 no contract is not cheap. Lol you can get an iPhone 5s $100 more. Iphone 5 will a lot cheaper, anyone who buys the C will be a moron.

Statements like these are moronic. This phone will fly off the shelf this holiday season especially for children.

Statements like these are moronic. This phone will fly off the shelf this holiday season especially for children.

Word especially at 16gb so many parents are going to get this for their kids. The 5s will be for the people who buy their own stuff or the shallow college kid who thinks "5c is the new broke boy phone"

Also the 5S was completed last year phones leak when they actually start manufacturing lol so dudes act like apple makes the phones like a few months before release. Apple probably already has working models of the 6 and 6s right now

Yea that 5c is going to fly off the shelves. Different colors and only 99 with a contract. I will be picking one up for my 8 yr old.

Apple always has the highest re sell value out of any phone. Including galaxy line and note line. Can't beat it if you like getting new phones alot

Yea that 5c is going to fly off the shelves. Different colors and only 99 with a contract. I will be picking one up for my 8 yr old.
just curious i have a 6 and 7 year old
but why would u consider buying ur 8 year old a iphone or any cell phone for that matter????
serious question cause im thinking of not getting them a phone till AT LEAST middle school

but why would u consider buying ur 8 year old a iphone or any cell phone for that matter????
serious question cause im thinking of not getting them a phone till AT LEAST middle school

I got him one of those Verizon phones that only dial 4 # last year and he showed he can be responsible with it. Plus with me and my wife crazy work schedule it's best that he has a way to contact us at anytime. When he is with his sitter after school he is always calling one of us with her phone so might as well get him a iPhone that we can put a bunch of educational games on also.

And whoever said they want a stylus on their iphone has to be ******g 45 years old or something. Why do you want that? :x

Old man technology. Thats like saying you want a car phone or something.

Had me :rofl:.

I'm starting to think the "c" in 5c stands for children, because that is the only market I can see for that model.

iPhone 6 rumors will begin on 9/20 and the factual rumors info will be available starting next April.

Helpful tip: If you are looking to upgrade every year, purchase another line for $10/month a year after renewing your primary phone.

Last edited:

I got him one of those Verizon phones that only dial 4 # last year and he showed he can be responsible with it. Plus with me and my wife crazy work schedule it's best that he has a way to contact us at anytime. When he is with his sitter after school he is always calling one of us with her phone so might as well get him a iPhone that we can put a bunch of educational games on also.
hmmm ok i might reconsider
cause they be BLOWING up my phone while im at work
i get those can i play on the wii???
daddy what time u off???
daddy my brother keeps taking the remote from me type of calls :lol:

Nexus 4 16GB 350

I was going to post this exactly. Gnex only like 299-349

You can easily sell your old one for 150-200, come out of pocket the same amount. Spewing that false shade :smh:

LOL @ false shade. Did I say anywhere that I went straight from the GNex to the Nexus 4? Nope.

Trust when I say the $200+ dollars I recouped from the GNex wasn't covering my next phone. Same with the N4. Both great phones, but because they were sold so cheap by Google, you were screwed should you want to jump to a non-Nexus device.

Android dudes stay so uptight and defensive. :lol:

Just going to switch my IPhone 5 16 GB to 32 GB when that price drop, don't see anything on the 5S or 5C that I like

No price drop coming. The 5 is done.

Pretty sure there's stores out there trying to get rid of their stock and they're not going to sell it for the same price as 5C/5S

Im not feeling it. This should have came up with the 4s/5.......feel like apple could have done better. Seems like its eye candy to get sales

Lol hell everything should have come with the 4s using that logical. Apple didn't even buy the biometric company until the time the 4s came out. And you have to test your products you can't just throw stuff in a phone and not thoroughly test it
:smh: can you let people have a opinion without worrying about the LuckyApplePolice

5S looks :pimp: but since I got the 5 in late 2012, I'll wait for 6.

Like someone said above, I actually DON'T want a bigger screen. I love how light and small the 5 is, and my tiny hands (and johnson) can't handle a larger screen.

:rofl: best post of the thread

lol really folks arguing bout saying a phone color is girly yet we have a page called dressing better, which is booming and half the cats in there wearing nutt hugging clothes manskirts, halter tops, baby doll tees
Too much truth in this post! Repped!

Ok I downloaded the ios 7 file , I have windows , so I can still download and install the firmware correct? So after that can I still restore from backup using iCloud , I just can't use iTunes at the moment until 11.1?

s models>
those graphs from the keynote proves that it is so
laugh.gif

another guy defending the phone that isnt that great. sure it might be better but its not that much better. aside from playing infinity blade better its not gonna browse the internet better, use twitter better, instagram, etc, etc. the screen is the same, it does everything the same. so unless your playing a crazy game, its nothing special.
the iphone 5s is great. I'm coming from a 3gs. It's already been established YEARS ago that you shouldn't be expecting to be blown away by yearly updates. 

The s models are always the best version of a new iphone design. Based that it's always the most updated of that specific design.

Where did you get the idea that I argued for in favor of that? 

Maybe you missed this post.

What are some of the amazing things you guys do on your iphones?

Here's some of the amazing things I do:
  • read nt while at work
  • read nt while at school
  • read nt while driving 
  • read nt while taking a ....
  • read nt while going to sleep 
  • read nt while reading nt on my mac

s models>
those graphs from the keynote proves that it is so
Not really. Think about it... The 6 will > the 5s and will be a completely new design that the 6s will just piggy back on.

The 5S is going to be faster, but its an ever going cycle. If you have a 5, theres no point in upgrading right now. When the 6 drops with a new design, even faster, maybe a larger Flash Drive, etc etc. It will be another story..

Each new phone is better than the next. So we can't really say the S model is always better. Because once the 6 drops, the S will be the bottom of the two... So on and so on.

I want to see how this 64 bit OS is, but it won't be any use to me on the iphone really. My ipad is another story though....

I'm keeping my iPhone, but upgrading my to the new ipad this fall. I'm going to give my mini to a family member or my girl. But iOS7 on a 64bit A7 chip + iPad screen = 
eek.gif
Going off the graphs from the keynote, you can clearly see the the gap in cpu/gpu power is most apparent in the non-s model to the s-model.

If it's the other way around(s-model to a non-s model) the gap in the cpu/gpu power isn't as great.

That's why I said that the s-models are better. They are the most updated of that specific iphone design.

Based on what I've seen from the 3gs-5s, the s-models were always better. 

If this trend continues, then I believe that the s-models will always be better. And they'll be the only iphone models that I'll consider copping.

i want my phone to be able to talk to me with telecakneesis.
ha, but I'd rather have my phone talk to me via  telepathy  than telekinesis.
Naw telecakneesis sounds better.

Not to mention, there are tons of  poor people  whose only computing device is their phone and they would like larger screens.

iphones cost more than various brands of laptops.

also a bigger phone is not the business. 

Just cop a an ipad mini, if you "need" the screen space. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom