Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Lol 12/15 .says I have to sign up for the device payment plan which I haven't really looked into so I'm going to look at my total bill before I make the move

That's the same e-mail I'm upgrading on; my actual date is 12/3.

Verizon just conveniently texted me saying I'm eligible for an early upgrade...... guess ill cop tomorrow/Saturday lol
You just made me look at my phone 
tired.gif
   when are you up for upgrade? 
brah.. call them and tell them if you can't get an early upgrade you're taking your lines to TMo.

Well boys, It was fun while it lasted...

Best-selling iOS ad blocker Crystal will let companies pay to show you ads

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/24/9393941/clear-ios-ad-blocker-offering-paid-whitelist

After Marco Arment abruptly removed Peace, the first top-selling iOS 9 ad blocker, from the App Store, another app called Crystal has risen in its place. In fact, Crystal is now the number one paid app on Apple's mobile platform. The Wall Street Journal says reports that developer Dean Murphy has already earned around $75,000 (leaving out Apple's chunk) from sales of the 99 cent app. Not bad — but apparently it's also not enough. The Journal's piece also reveals that Murphy has entered into an agreement with Adblock Pro maker Eyeo GmbH that will allow other companies to pay so that their ads get through Crystal's filter.

Eyeo says its "acceptable ads" policy prohibits anything from being too intrusive or annoying. But over 70 companies (including Google and Microsoft) are already paying to be let through ad blocker technology — and there's potential for way more; Eyeo told the Journal that over 700 companies have ads that meet its criteria.

Murphy, meanwhile, will receive a flat monthly fee from Eyeo on top of his App Store earnings for making sure that this whitelist is enabled in Crystal by default. His reasoning? Saving the publishing industry, of course. "Given how popular Crystal has become, it doesn’t provide any way for users to support publishers," he told the Journal. "I decided that’s a good feature to provide, and from what I’ve seen the ‘acceptable ads’ policy doesn’t let through what I’d classify as bad ads." Unfortunately, Eyeo isn't very transparent about which companies it works with, so the justification rings a bit hollow. The Awl sums it up pretty concisely:

If your adblocker takes money from you in order to block ads, and then takes money from huge companies in order to show you the ads that you paid for it to block, then yes; it’s just using you to erect a tollbooth.

Wow my upgrade is 11/13 
laugh.gif

@carver i called before and they said no, so i didn't even bother any more.. i mean it is really time for a new phone, but another month won't kill me 
nerd.gif

Well boys, It was fun while it lasted...

Best-selling iOS ad blocker Crystal will let companies pay to show you ads

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/24/9393941/clear-ios-ad-blocker-offering-paid-whitelist
After Marco Arment abruptly removed Peace, the first top-selling iOS 9 ad blocker, from the App Store, another app called Crystal has risen in its place. In fact, Crystal is now the number one paid app on Apple's mobile platform. The Wall Street Journal says reports that developer Dean Murphy has already earned around $75,000 (leaving out Apple's chunk) from sales of the 99 cent app. Not bad — but apparently it's also not enough. The Journal's piece also reveals that Murphy has entered into an agreement with Adblock Pro maker Eyeo GmbH that will allow other companies to pay so that their ads get through Crystal's filter.

Eyeo says its "acceptable ads" policy prohibits anything from being too intrusive or annoying. But over 70 companies (including Google and Microsoft) are already paying to be let through ad blocker technology — and there's potential for way more; Eyeo told the Journal that over 700 companies have ads that meet its criteria.

Murphy, meanwhile, will receive a flat monthly fee from Eyeo on top of his App Store earnings for making sure that this whitelist is enabled in Crystal by default. His reasoning? Saving the publishing industry, of course. "Given how popular Crystal has become, it doesn’t provide any way for users to support publishers," he told the Journal. "I decided that’s a good feature to provide, and from what I’ve seen the ‘acceptable ads’ policy doesn’t let through what I’d classify as bad ads." Unfortunately, Eyeo isn't very transparent about which companies it works with, so the justification rings a bit hollow. The Awl sums it up pretty concisely:

If your adblocker takes money from you in order to block ads, and then takes money from huge companies in order to show you the ads that you paid for it to block, then yes; it’s just using you to erect a tollbooth.
Welp.. I hope the 6s ships with iOS 8.4 so I can jb that **** and get real adblocking 
mean.gif

I was thinking of trying that one out. I tried that free ad blocker one and it was trash IMO

I feel weird not being involved in the festivities tomorrow. I'm always a first day person.

Verizon just conveniently texted me saying I'm eligible for an early upgrade...... guess ill cop tomorrow/Saturday lol
I got a text like a few months back, decided to cop an 6s + because Nike don't wanna put this snkrs app on android 
roll.gif

I'm waiting for the Sony Xperia X5 to hopefully come to verizon, like the idea of not being under a two year contract so I can upgrade whenever I want

Got half a mind to get up @ 6 & try to cop at the Brandon store. Don't want rose gold nor a higher gb model so that might increase my chances. Bought a 6 a week ago & don't want to get stuck with it. Also don't want to wait a week for new shipment to arrive. Decisions.

Got half a mind to get up @ 6 & try to cop at the Brandon store. Don't want rose gold nor a higher gb model so that might increase my chances. Bought a 6 a week ago & don't want to get stuck with it. Also don't want to wait a week for new shipment to arrive. Decisions.

Tempted to do the same but I doubt it. Passed by today and there was a gang of Asians lined on the side of the building of the broadway store already :smh:

Last edited:
Paid my 6 off. And with TMO only charging you 5-10 bucks for the 16gb I might get it. Then again I do have this 6 with 128 gb I can keep and load music on. Decisions

Ok this I'm having an issue , when I get a text on my iPhone 6 it appears in my text and soon as I try to open it , it disappeared by itself .

Try to reset my phone , updating my phone nothing .. I can't even retrieve those texts .

Last edited:
Paid my 6 off. And with TMO only charging you 5-10 bucks for the 16gb I might get it. Then again I do have this 6 with 128 gb I can keep and load music on. Decisions

Don't do it, brah. Going from 128 to 16 is gonna be brutal.

And as good as TMO's deal is, trading in a 128 gig iPhone is an automatic L. The new deal is only decent if you're trading in a 16 gig, IMO.

would you be willing to sell your 128 phone before the resell value takes a hike?  128 gb 6+ are  going for 600 right now.  Then buy a 6s+ 64.agree about going down to 16gb being a big mistake, can't do much with that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom