Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
I was gonna go stock 14" Pro but the 16" is pretty enticing. Only $500 more for a beefier processor and bigger screen. I need to check Swappa to see M1 Air prices. Would be nice to get $1000 for mine.

I'd like to see some real world shots of them too. I've configured some 16" Windows laptops for guys at work and they're gargantuan.

Any of you guys have the stainless steel gold watch with the gold Milanese loop? Does it look like cheap knock off gold? Before I buy it

Not at all my guy. Stay breaking necks.
But if you comping real gold to the watch then yea not the same.
CA566ACD-A1CE-42E9-8854-DA2101F02E82.jpeg

won't be buying it anyways as i don't care for having the latest and greatest computers anymore.. but not a fan of that notch.. totally unnecessary and wayyyyyy too big.

i'm a fan of apple products and have been for a really long time, but people justifying this is the reason why this brand gets so much flack.. i can't defend apple here as i feel they should at least black out the menu bar at the top so you never see the notch.

won't be buying it anyways as i don't care for having the latest and greatest computers anymore.. but not a fan of that notch.. totally unnecessary and wayyyyyy too big.

i'm a fan of apple products and have been for a really long time, but people justifying this is the reason why this brand gets so much flack. apple should at least black out the menu bar at the top so you never see the notch.

I agree wit cha my dude. I had the original iPhone X and never really noticed the notch and it didn’t affect my viewing or perception of the phone however it can look odd when compared to other phones that dont have a notch with most of the same features.

Idk I don't really see a big deal about the notch at all. It wasn't/isn't a big deal on phones and will be the same way on the MacBooks imo.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.49.16 AM.png

This tiny section of my screen is gonna be obstructed? Who cares :lol:. Apps will just redesign their UI to not have anything on that small section of pixels.

Idk I don't really see a big deal about the notch at all. It wasn't/isn't a big deal on phones and will be the same way on the MacBooks imo.

This tiny section of my screen is gonna be obstructed? Who cares :lol:. Apps will just redesign their UI to not have anything on that small section of pixels.
Pretty much. I dont see the gripe with the notch. You get more real estate and now the menu bar sits in an area where it doesnt take up the window. But I guess people just care about looks.

Glad Apple is going function over form here. MUCH better screen at that with high refresh rate.

new MBP is a beast. I hope they get rid of the notch next year so people will dump these for a lower price.

I don’t mind the notch , however if the MBP had average internals then it could weigh in as a deal breaker.
People be
“Throwing the baby out with the bath water “ making a decision solely based on a notch

^Pretty much. So many ppl will be passing because of it, when Apple finally brings back everything people have asked for. In addition, got rid of the Touch Bar and brought probably the best laptop screen in the market. All because a notch, which gives them more screen and smaller bezels. :lol:

It is what it is.. The technology is there to put the camera behind the screen, they should have done that or at last made the menu bar black to blend it in. at the end of the day, the notch is too big given what's housed in that area.. the camera doesn't take up all this mm of space.

Regardless I don't care. Not buying it anyways so it doesn't really affect me. I'll stick to my Mac Mini + iPad combo... until the iPad's all get a notch in 2022

I didn't watch the keynote and thought the reason for the notch would be FaceiD :lol:
Wonder if they will implement it in the future as an update, since the notch is already in place

I didn't watch the keynote and thought the reason for the notch would be FaceiD :lol:
Wonder if they will implement it in the future as an update, since the notch is already in place
Possible I think. But it seems the lid is just too thin, hence why it works on the iPhone and iPad and not on the Mac. Probably also redundant with Touch ID.

Also I believe the notch houses a bigger camera sensor as well as the typical ambient and color sensors. Im sure Face ID will arrive but in apple fashion making us wait 2-3 renditions.

i'm a fan of apple products and have been for a really long time, but people justifying this is the reason why this brand gets so much flack.. i can't defend apple here as i feel they should at least black out the menu bar at the top so you never see the notch.
Apple can do no wrong in alot of people's eyes :lol: :smh:

Caved was going 14 inch MacBook Pro on Tuesday but go big or go home going with the 16inch base. Not shipping till next month but idc I can wait for that beast. Trade in plus edu pricing made it only a $21 dollar difference, so no brainer to me. Will be my only computer outside of whatever they call iPad

These past 2 laptop refreshes have had nice value. The M1 Air was a great value vs the M1 Pro 13", and depending on how you look at it both the 14" and 16" are values against each other imo.

these new macbook pros look insanely good, with a price to match.

the notch is the last thing I care about. if anything, I'd want them to get rid of the camera completely (half serious)...

Back
Top Bottom