Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Anyone know what this means? I know my screen has been off more than 11 minutes over the past 24+ hours.

65D197BC-FC7A-407A-9215-678CCF566A69.jpeg

It looks to me like you used it, went to bed, used it again, and drained the battery to zero. What’s your app usage say?

Screen off is just a reference if you used the phone with the screen not in use. Perhaps an app was streaming or doing background activity. It’s not an indication of how long you’ve had your “screen off”.

Last edited:
It looks to me like you used it, went to bed, used it again, and drained the battery to zero. What’s your app usage say?

Screen off is just a reference if you used the phone with the screen not in use. Perhaps an app was streaming or doing background activity. It’s not an indication of how long you’ve had your “screen off”.

Hmm... weird if that’s the case. I listen to music while driving to/from work with the screen off, and that’s roughly an hour commute. I have no concerns, just really wondering what the “screen off” time means.

After 4 years with my iPhone 6 64GB, I'm going to pick up an iPhone XS 256GB later today.

Long overdue.

So I finally bought the iPhone XS 256GB yester afternoon and its been a nightmare ever since. Let me explain.

Apparently, my 2011 MBP is deemed "obsolete" by Apple so I'm unable to restore my iPhone with the back up from my previous iPhone 6. Mind you, my entire life is in that phone, from financial info with clients, my personal finances and literally thousands photos and vids from 7 years to now. I called up Apple Support and they told me to copy and paste my recent back up file from my old iPhone 6, a whopping 27GB file, and transfer it to a External HD, then transfer than file to my new 2017 MBP that I bought recently.

Well, that was done and after updating my iTunes and OS on my "new" MBP, my iPhone was able to be synced. However, iTunes couldn't recognize the back up file I transferred from my External HD. Thus, prompting me to call Apple Support again to figure a way to get my new phone restored from my recent back up manually. Ultimately, I had to place the file into my iCloud and hopefully (fingers crossed), the file transfers seamlessly to the iCloud and onto my phone. It's still in the process of transferring to iCloud and last time I checked it was over 6 hours away from completion :smh:

Signed up for 50GB from iCloud so there's no interference. I'm hoping this file gets fully uploaded to iCloud and restores my new phone back to normal because I'll be lost without.

The End.

Finally got a 10 s max this weekend.

Truly amazing phone. The display is gorgeous.

Not having a home button or Touch ID is not as bad as I thought. The Face ID is really the future.

It’s like having new phone from IOS.

Now to get the new Nike watch. My 0 series watch is super slow these days can’t wait to update.

So I finally bought the iPhone XS 256GB yester afternoon and its been a nightmare ever since. Let me explain.

Apparently, my 2011 MBP is deemed "obsolete" by Apple so I'm unable to restore my iPhone with the back up from my previous iPhone 6. Mind you, my entire life is in that phone, from financial info with clients, my personal finances and literally thousands photos and vids from 7 years to now. I called up Apple Support and they told me to copy and paste my recent back up file from my old iPhone 6, a whopping 27GB file, and transfer it to a External HD, then transfer than file to my new 2017 MBP that I bought recently.

Well, that was done and after updating my iTunes and OS on my "new" MBP, my iPhone was able to be synced. However, iTunes couldn't recognize the back up file I transferred from my External HD. Thus, prompting me to call Apple Support again to figure a way to get my new phone restored from my recent back up manually. Ultimately, I had to place the file into my iCloud and hopefully (fingers crossed), the file transfers seamlessly to the iCloud and onto my phone. It's still in the process of transferring to iCloud and last time I checked it was over 6 hours away from completion :smh:

Signed up for 50GB from iCloud so there's no interference. I'm hoping this file gets fully uploaded to iCloud and restores my new phone back to normal because I'll be lost without.

The End.

Solutions
- Always have iCloud ready to go -- cop the 2TB plan for $10/month if you have to
- Google Photos -- automatically syncs all your pics/vids for free unlimited -- you can actually just DL the app now and it'll sync all your stuff

Finally got a 10 s max this weekend.

Truly amazing phone. The display is gorgeous.

Not having a home button or Touch ID is not as bad as I thought. The Face ID is really the future.

It’s like having new phone from IOS.

Now to get the new Nike watch. My 0 series watch is super slow these days can’t wait to update.

How's one handed usage? I like bigger phones usually, but got the XS since it's smaller than my 8+

yup, bought one two different times, returned it both times

got my MacBook and iPhone, see no need for an iPad
Exactly. If I'm copping a tablet it'd have to be one of those Surface joints as they have a more full-fleged Windows OS on them.

yeah something about the ipad running a mobile OS that i can't really get with. Like i have that on my phone. If the ipad could run full iOS and be cheaper then a MacBook id consider one (obviously who wouldn't)

Not a fan of typing on a iPad full time like a laptop. If I need a keyboard, I'd rather just have a laptop which can do more.

yeah something about the ipad running a mobile OS that i can't really get with. Like i have that on my phone. If the ipad could run full iOS and be cheaper then a MacBook id consider one (obviously who wouldn't)

Bingo. I never enjoyed the iPads when i owned them, because it was always just a "big iPhone" to me...

PO

Back
Top Bottom