Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Yeah I saw that on the site but didn’t feel like it was plausible that they’d expect customers to drop $599 bc the back cracked :lol:

you can buy the back on ebay and do it for $10-$30 yourself. plenty of youtube videos. doesn't seem too hard but not super easy either.

Yeah it’s a $1200 phone lol. Would rather pay the $99 deductible than save $80 and ruin the phone

So I finally bought the iPhone XS 256GB yester afternoon and its been a nightmare ever since. Let me explain.

Apparently, my 2011 MBP is deemed "obsolete" by Apple so I'm unable to restore my iPhone with the back up from my previous iPhone 6. Mind you, my entire life is in that phone, from financial info with clients, my personal finances and literally thousands photos and vids from 7 years to now. I called up Apple Support and they told me to copy and paste my recent back up file from my old iPhone 6, a whopping 27GB file, and transfer it to a External HD, then transfer than file to my new 2017 MBP that I bought recently.

Well, that was done and after updating my iTunes and OS on my "new" MBP, my iPhone was able to be synced. However, iTunes couldn't recognize the back up file I transferred from my External HD. Thus, prompting me to call Apple Support again to figure a way to get my new phone restored from my recent back up manually. Ultimately, I had to place the file into my iCloud and hopefully (fingers crossed), the file transfers seamlessly to the iCloud and onto my phone. It's still in the process of transferring to iCloud and last time I checked it was over 6 hours away from completion :smh:

Signed up for 50GB from iCloud so there's no interference. I'm hoping this file gets fully uploaded to iCloud and restores my new phone back to normal because I'll be lost without.

The End.

*UPDATE*

That whole transferring my back up file from my older MBP to my new MBP didn't work at all. Thus leading to another 2 hour convo w/ Apple support. It turns out my 2011 MBP isn't obsolete after all :rolleyes and I was able to upgrade my OS to High Sierra, which took a whopping 3 hours lol, and then update my iTunes, which was the real issue and took another hour. Finally(!!!), I was able to sync my XS and restore it with the my most recent back up.

tenor.gif

Lessons Learned:
Back up your iPhone with iCloud.

The End. :smile:

*UPDATE*

That whole transferring my back up file from my older MBP to my new MBP didn't work at all. Thus leading to another 2 hour convo w/ Apple support. It turns out my 2011 MBP isn't obsolete after all :rolleyes and I was able to upgrade my OS to High Sierra, which took a whopping 3 hours lol, and then update my iTunes, which was the real issue and took another hour. Finally(!!!), I was able to sync my XS and restore it with the my most recent back up.

tenor.gif

Lessons Learned:
Back up your iPhone with iCloud.

The End. :smile:

How're you liking the XS, brother?

iCloud is a sham man. That should be free when you buy an Apple product. It’s a necessity at this point. (Yes I know it’s like 3 bucks a month)

I'll also add that computer backup > iCloud restore

iCloud restores take forever, while computer backups (via iTunes) take 10-20 minutes when I set up my new phone

i’ll take backing up to icloud than a computer any day.

If you’re restoring a new device from an old backup you better hope there were no bugs in that profile. I always setup a new device as new and just syncs the photos, texts, etc...

Reactions: ARK
My XS Max will not backup to iCloud! It keeps saying some files are unavailable..? What does that even mean!?

Back
Top Bottom