Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 25.9%
  • Case

Votes: 283 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters

True. So once you go to the NEXT plan you have to drop the Grandfathered unlimited correct?

What benefit is there of going AT&T Next vs. Apple's iPhone Upgrade Program?
I prefer the Apple Program. It is completely separate to your phone bill and you get Apple Care Plus which covers accidental damage.

Last edited:
Okay. So I trade in my current iPhone and get $650 in credits, I want the 7+ 128gb which is $870. So I'm responsible for the $220 which is a little over $9 a month. Can I just pay the $220 today since there's a down payment option with NEXT?

Also next year I would obviously be leaving before the 24 months is up but can I just turn the phone in and do a new NEXT. I feel like there's a catch to where I gotta pay the whole amount with this deal.

Forreal forreal I just never trust these employees to make changes to my account. That's what I'm actually hesitant the most about.

True. So once you go to the NEXT plan you have to drop the Grandfathered unlimited correct?

Yup you lose your unlimited plan.

Apple Upgrade program you keep your current plan because you are going through apple to buy the phone. You have the option of getting Apple Care + included , $5/mo difference.

No you dont have to drop your plan. Next is just how you choose to finance a new phone period. 

I looked at both options and dont see a difference in the two plans. Other than customer service which Apple trumps ATT in. 

Honestly as the phone(s) and OS evolve your phone will become slow and restricted to certain new features. So I dont think owning a phone is necessary anymore, which is why upgrading every yer makes sense. Im keeping my 6 in case I lose my new 7 or something happens to it. 

Apple Upgrade program you keep your current plan because you are going through apple to buy the phone. You have the option of getting Apple Care + included , $5/mo difference.
Unless that something that has changed in the past 4-5 months that isnt true. 

My wife got her phone via Next program and our plan hasnt changed. 

Are you sure? I'm wondering if that happens when you activate the new phone cuz I haven't received anything from AT&T about changing my plan.

In fact I went to AT&T NEXT 2 years ago after i lost my iphone 5 and got a 5S but was able to keep my plan. They did try to pressure me to change my plan but didn't say i'd lose it. AT&T acually raised my data by $5 this past February.

Okay. So I trade in my current iPhone and get $650 in credits, I want the 7+ 128gb which is $870. So I'm responsible for the $220 which is a little over $9 a month. Can I just pay the $220 today since there's a down payment option with NEXT?

Also next year I would obviously be leaving before the 24 months is up but can I just turn the phone in and do a new NEXT. I feel like there's a catch to where I gotta pay the whole amount with this deal.

Forreal forreal I just never trust these employees to make changes to my account. That's what I'm actually hesitant the most about.

do it online, so you have time to read the fine print. Don't do the down payment, you giving away free money. Use the credits and pay the monthly difference. You have to pay taxes upfront than three monthly payments, before the credits kick in.

If you want to upgrade to a new phone next year, you will lose the credits and have to pay the balance in your money. So its essentially $325 for you over 12 months. Thats the catch. if you plan on staying with ATT for two years and keeping the phone, than its a good deal. ATT is trying to lock you down essentially for two years.

Unless that something that has changed in the past 4-5 months that isnt true. 

My wife got her phone via Next program and our plan hasnt changed. 

Well that's good to know. I know when they first started next they said we would lose our unlimited plan.

Bet they won't let me trade in this SE and get a $650 credit lol

Last edited:

I prefer the Apple Program. It is completely separate to your phone bill and you get Apple Care Plus which covers accidental damage.
Apple Care is rolled into the cost which is why the payments are higher than ATT, so really its just a matter of preference but your going to take your phone to Apple anyway if theres some issues. So I agree that Apple is the route to go. 

Why would you trade in the phone you paid for and still be left with a balance to finance? If your left with 220 then you might as well just finance the whole thing since it will be roughly another $200 your paying for the year and  your upgrading next year anyway. 

Well that's good to know. I know when they first started next they said we would lose our unlimited plan.

Bet they won't let me trade in this SE and get a $650 credit lol
Yeah they push you to change your plan but you dont have too. 

All of this is way too complicated.
But its not though. What it is that your trying to do? 

I can help you just PM me. 

Having the apple care rolled in is cheaper if your switching every year, if your getting the credits or free phone then it's better to go with the provider.

Now that Apple has an upgrade program these iPhone deals will start to get interesting.

Anyone have any good silicone case recommendations? 

I currently have used Apple Silicone case since day 1 when it initially launched. 

I thought $35 was a bit much for a case but I like the fit/feel of the case on the phone and its not too bulky. 

My issue is they break down around the corners so I find myself taking them back every 4-5 months and getting them to replace with a new one ( free of charge FYI) 

Ive had 2 cracked screens which I attribute to the wear on the corners of the phone. But my phone has dropped a lot and the case has serviced its purpose 70% of the time. 

I was leaning to getting one of those Lifeproof cases but why even get a iphone if you have one of those lol. Just not appealing with those armor cases. 

Having the apple care rolled in is cheaper if your switching every year, if your getting the credits or free phone then it's better to go with the provider.

Now that Apple has an upgrade program these iPhone deals will start to get interesting.
How so? Each year you turn in your phone you are required to sign a term/contract and payment plan. So the cost of the apple care is the same. They dont say well you paid for apple care last year so this year you just finance the phone. 

These plans are no more than a lease that gives the you the option to break the lease before terms are met. Once you break the lease you start a new lease. 

No one is offering you a free phone, they never have and never will. 

Ready for next year
smokin.gif

Man yall getting cases in the mail getting all hyped up.

I gotta get through this work week and get to Thursday to even be excited :lol:

My issue is they break down around the corners so I find myself taking them back every 4-5 months and getting them to replace with a new one ( free of charge FYI) 
this is what I hate about the silicon cases too, the rubber peels off after a while. You can just bring it in to Apple and get it replaced?

this is what I hate about the silicon cases too, the rubber peels off after a while. You can just bring it in to Apple and get it replaced?
Yep as long as it hasnt been over a year. 

If its longer than a yr old you can probably get them to replace it as well but might take some effort. 

See I knew I wasn't trippin about AT&T next program. I keep hearing different things. I bought the phone is full because I didn't want to be on that program. Now I'm hearing you can keep your unlimited.

YOU CAN KEEP YOUR UNLIMITED through the Next program, 1000000%. I signed up Friday and everything went smooth. I just talked to the rep who helped me out just to confirm right now (since some of you guys think different) and he said i get to keep my grandfather/unlimited plan on the NEXT program. Next program is only for financing your phone.

Back
Top Bottom