Votes: 119 25.9%
  • Case

Votes: 283 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
[thread="564981"]Yeah ultra slim clear case is the way to go IMO[/thread]

Smart move.

Just moved my personal line over to the company account and was going to order 7+, but I'm still not comfortable with giving up the headphone jack even though I have a pair of the Beats Wireless joints. Maybe next year I will be. Ended up ordering a 64GB 6S+ in Rose Gold.

How so? Each year you turn in your phone you are required to sign a term/contract and payment plan. So the cost of the apple care is the same. They dont say well you paid for apple care last year so this year you just finance the phone. 

These plans are no more than a lease that gives the you the option to break the lease before terms are met. Once you break the lease you start a new lease. 

No one is offering you a free phone, they never have and never will. 
The full cost of apple care is spread out over 24 months. If you only keep the phone for a year you paid half instead of full price.

Say you go with your provider, you have to pay $130 in full when you buy apple care + .

I'm sayin.

you getting jet black just to put a covering case or some travesty of a clear plastic on it that will collect dust and ruin the finish.. just my personal preference I guess I'd rather go Team Raw.

What are clumsy people supposed to do? Just take the LI'm getting the spigen clear case for my matte black iphone...I aint takin no L's.

I mean I get it bro.

But it's sort of like paying for a Ferrari just to take the engine out and put it in a Honda CVR body so you can be safe about it.

If you're gonna case it up, at least get something classy IMO. Something that shows it off. Not some rubber case that covers the back or some clear plastic case that's $12 off Amazon that collects dust in 2 days.

My 2cents, but yall do what you want obviously.. I never tell people how to live their lives. If it works for you, then you go famb.

What's considered a classy case? 
laugh.gif

What's considered a classy case? :lol:

No case, leather case, wood case, marble case, etc.

Maybe even nice skins.

There are really nice cases if you look and are willing to spend a bit more. I say it's worth it if you're set on getting a case.

Last edited:
I wanna at least put a clear skin on the jet black only because I have sweaty hands but other than that I feel where spizike231 spizike231 is coming from. The last time I wore a case on my iPhone was around '09 on my iPhone 3G. The design of the iPhone is meant to be seen. I'll get apple care this time around though, and with how expensive these phones have become I don't fault anyone for wanting to put a case on their phone. It's all personal preference. IMO I say enjoy your phone without a case because in 360-something odd days you'll be wanting to get rid of the phone for the next iPhone...

I stopped by AT&T and got some questions answered. Im in a grandfathered unlimited plan for $159 and it sounds like switching over to the 16GB plan once my current contract ends (Oct) Ill go down to $119 a month.

However, how many of you do the Next plan and add their insurance? Im wondering if I should do the iPhone Upgrade Plan instead for the AppleCare+. If I only did Next and didn't do any insurance, what would I be looking at $ wise for replacing the screen, replace phone, etc. Did you guys get insurance?

What's considered a classy case? :lol:

No case, leather case, wood case, marble case, etc.

Maybe even nice skins.

There are really nice cases if you look and are willing to spend a bit more. I say it's worth it if you're set on getting a case.

Yep. This is my exact point. I'm not against cases at all, but all these weird, teched out, futuristic looking joints are awful IMO.

A high quality, simple case is best paired with the iPhone, IMO. Even though I'm #teamraw now, I'm no dummy--when my 5-yr old asks to watch something on my phone I always have her put a case on it. And in certain situations in public, I'll use a case. For when my kid uses my 7+, I'll be grabbing a simple Apple silicone joint for around the house (very easy to slide on/off and they get grippy after some use).

I'll also be getting a clear Power Support Air Jacket when they become available in mid-October. High quality, thin plastic that doesn't yellow and is difficult to scratch. They fit like a damn glove, too. My wife swears by these and she literally drops her phone damn near every day.

Hard Graft has some pretty dope cases, too. That "Dusty Black" one looks like a winner for me.

https://hardgraft.us/products/dusty-iphone-7-cover-black

Bottomline: pair your phone with something that'll sexy it up a little. Or something that doesn't take away from the beauty of the iPhone design.

Last edited:

I stopped by AT&T and got some questions answered. Im in a grandfathered unlimited plan for $159 and it sounds like switching over to the 16GB plan once my current contract ends (Oct) Ill go down to $119 a month.

However, how many of you do the Next plan and add their insurance? Im wondering if I should do the iPhone Upgrade Plan instead for the AppleCare+. If I only did Next and didn't do any insurance, what would I be looking at $ wise for replacing the screen, replace phone, etc. Did you guys get insurance?
Not a bad saving as long as you never hit the cap ( almost $500 per year savings) 

I wouldnt suggest getting the insurance plan unless your concerned about your phone being stolen. You pay monthly ($7/per month) and have a deductible, declining but still a deductible that must be paid before service is rendered. 

Apple care is $100 + $30 to fix a cracked screen vs $100 for non apple care users. 

Jeez man....some of these cases you guys are slapping on these gorgeous devices are a travesty. :x

I'm sayin.

you getting jet black just to put a covering case or some travesty of a clear plastic on it that will collect dust and ruin the finish.. just my personal preference I guess I'd rather go Team Raw.

So what are y'all gonna do when you drop it. It won't look gorgeous anymore. Had my phone for 2 years with a case and it still looks mint. Y'all spending loot on this phone and don't want to take care of it.

Famb the only place i dropped my iPhone 6 so far is in under my car seat and in between the couch cushions.

Like I said, some people need the case. They're clumsy. If you need a case, get what you need. I personally wouldn't rock an otter box in my life unless I needed to take my phone on a trip it would get destroyed on. Never an every day case. I wouldn't ever rock a plastic 2 piece case like some of y'all been posting.

As for me, I'll rock Team Raw unless I feel like I'm having trouble with the bigger sized phone. Then maybe I'll look around.

And also, if I drop it, then I'll put a case on it. (Once fixing the screen if needed)

Last edited:
Apple Care + is actually $130 . $30 for the first 2 incidents , $99 for all others.

They just changed the pricing.

If I drop it I drop it. It looks ugly af in cases so I'll take my chances. I'm not clumsy so I don't have to worry about destroying a phone in 12 monthd.

Last edited:
Does apple care cover lost or stolen iPhones? I'm debating if Ima go that route or tmo insurance at 12 a month (I tend to jump to new phones a lot)

Famb the only place i dropped my iPhone 6 so far is in under my car seat and in between the couch cushions.

Like I said, some people need the case. They're clumsy. If you need a case, get what you need. I personally wouldn't rock an otter box in my life unless I needed to take my phone on a trip it would get destroyed on. Never an every day case. I wouldn't ever rock a plastic 2 piece case like some of y'all been posting.

As for me, I'll rock Team Raw unless I feel like I'm having trouble with the bigger sized phone. Then maybe I'll look around.

And also, if I drop it, then I'll put a case on it. (Once fixing the screen if needed)

I feel you. I'm not a clumsy person either but **** does happen. I never had to use Apple care either because I take care of my stuff. Y'all just throwing away money. A case won't give it 100% protection but it gives you piece of mind.

Caseology skyfall series case is the best case I ever owned. I dropped my phone may 5x and literally not 1 scratch.

Youtube review videos did it for me also.

I would never put an otter case on my iphone that's OD IMO...But, I don't really see whats wrong with a  Spiegen cases. They're pretty low profile & they don't add much thickness to the phone.  Only problem with the Spiegen case  is that the bumper turns like a dark smoke color but they're cheap enough where i can just replace it...But like you said its all about preference. Also, i work as a machine operator so i have to be walking up and down if i was in an office with my phone on a desk all day i would consider going without a case.
Apple Care + is actually $130 . $30 for the first 2 incidents , $99 for all others.

They just changed the pricing.

If I drop it I drop it. It looks ugly af in cases so I'll take my chances. I'm not clumsy so I don't have to worry about destroying a phone in 12 monthd.
$30 for anything that happens or what does that cover exactly? I've read screen replacement is $99...If its $30 to replace a cracked screen i might be converted to team raw.

I would never put an otter case on my iphone that's OD IMO...But, I don't really see whats wrong with a  Spiegen cases. They're pretty low profile & they don't add much thickness to the phone.  Only problem with the Spiegen case  is that the bumper turns like a dark smoke color but they're cheap enough where i can just replace it...But like you said its all about preference. Also, i work as a machine operator so i have to be walking up and down if i was in an office with my phone on a desk all day i would consider going without a case.

$30 for anything that happens or what does that cover exactly? I've read screen replacement is $99...If its $30 to replace a cracked screen i might be converted to team raw.
screen replacement is 30 nvm

Last edited:
Looks like only people that didn't order from Apple are getting their shipping confirmations. Is it still set to arrive on the 16th?

Jeez man....some of these cases you guys are slapping on these gorgeous devices are a travesty. :x

I'm sayin.

So what are y'all gonna do when you drop it. It won't look gorgeous anymore. Had my phone for 2 years with a case and it still looks mint. Y'all spending loot on this phone and don't want to take care of it.

AppleCare+ man. Works well.

Back
Top Bottom