Apple WWDC 2013

Bugs I ran across so far:
Ebay does NOT work, loads and crashes at logo (like others said)
instagram is displaying wrong profile pics (not sure if that is just an instagram app error itself or ios7 based)
Text messages underlines the word "tonight"
Vine freezes videos , but plays sound

*side note*
heard that if you dont register your UDID, when the next update beta comes out, your phone bricks. Any truth to that? Where can you register UDID at?
I have been with iphone since day 1 jailbreaking and unlocking ect, i have never once seen a phone brick. 

Not sure yet

like i said, historically, apple has forced the betas to be registered users only.

Beta software generally expires shortly after a new Beta is released.

IF the next beta requires a registered UDID what will happen is you will be locked out of your device unless it is registered.

IF the next beta does NOT require a registered UDID you'll be fine and you just upgrade like you did this past time.

The first option is more likely, but not 100%.

I say get registered just in case.
Or keep your faith in the same hackers that released these betas to the public. Im sure they will have an answer. 
nerd.gif

I think I am going to go all the way back to 6.1.2 and JB
It'll only let you go back to 6.1.4. Even with your blobs saved I don't think you can downgrade to anything but the newest iOS.

Last edited:
if a developer registered a bunch of people to use the IOS7 under their acct are all those people good or just the original developer?

*side note*
heard that if you dont register your UDID, when the next update beta comes out, your phone bricks. Any truth to that? Where can you register UDID at?

:nerd:

No, your phone just won't activate, but when you do get stuck, you can always put it in DFU and restore back to 6.1.4, then upgrade from the second beta.

Last edited:
My battery life has appeared to stay the same.

Its dying quicker for no other reason that I'm using it more due to wanting to constantly mess with it.

My battery life has appeared to stay the same.

Its dying quicker for no other reason that I'm using it more due to wanting to constantly mess with it.

Pretty much this. It's on 52% right now and I've been fiddling with it at work for the past 9 hours.

Battery sucked before the update and it still sucks so i can live with it. But ive also been on my phone a lot today messing around with it.

Battery sucked before the update and it still sucks so i can live with it. But ive also been on my phone a lot today messing around with it.
should improve seeing as if u updated to ios 7 u have the option to close apps in the background...No need to have every app and every service u have done all day running if your not using them.

> iOS 7 design will most likely change for final release
iOS 7 design will most likely change for final release

June 12, 2013
Griffin Koupal
0 comment

iOS 7 design will most likely change for final release

During the unveiling of iOS 7 at Apple’s WWDC, there were many mixed reviews about the look of the new operating system that will power iDevices. While many were positive, including most of the Today’s iPhone crew, many others pointed out that there were many inconsistencies in things such as app logos. For example, the Safari icon fades from light to dark (top to bottom) whereas the Mail and Weather icons both fade from dark to light (which can be seen in the image above). Many believe that this leads the overall UI to look sloppy.

However, a new report today claims that the design of iOS 7 will most likely change before the final release. According to The Next Web, many app icons were designed by Apple’s marketing team, not by Jony Ive’s app design team. The icons were then handed over to Ive’s team as a color pallet to design the internals of each app. However, it is also reported that the different teams (such as the team assigned to Safari and Mail) were kept separate and that is what led to the inconsistencies in app icon designs.

While the iOS 7 that was shown off to developers seems like a good product, it is apparently no where close to being a finished product. I have had the pleasure of using iOS 7 for the past couple of days, and I personally haven’t encountered many of the bugs that have been reported, and am fortunate enough to have my OS run fairly smoothly (except for the extra battery drain). While I have had a good experience with iOS 7, and the icon differences don’t bug me at all, I am glad to see that Apple’s design team is still hard at work with iOS 7.

The Next Web claims that the current beta released to developers is a “mid stride” snapshot of what to expect from the final release, and that some of the demos used on stage at WWDC were actually newer versions of the software than what was released to developers. It is believed that many of the app icons will be changed before the release to consumers, and updates to betas will be more significant than previous versions of iOS betas.

so what happens to us with loaded it then? are we screwed or do we just download the newest and install like we did with this one?

im confused now...

Not sure yet

like i said, historically, apple has forced the betas to be registered users only.

Beta software generally expires shortly after a new Beta is released.

IF the next beta requires a registered UDID what will happen is you will be locked out of your device unless it is registered.

IF the next beta does NOT require a registered UDID you'll be fine and you just upgrade like you did this past time.

The first option is more likely, but not 100%.

I say get registered just in case.

so if it locks out we can just go back to 6.1.4 right?

also battery def died faster, while it looks cool i think im going back to ios6 til it releases.

how exactly do i go back? just put it in DFU mode? everything will be backed up correct?

thanks

freakin back up isnt working, the latest one is from ios7

the i tried restoring the one from may 22 and somethings going on.. SMH :x

Back
Top Bottom