Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Not too up to date on the apple app stuff but did someone say apple is getting a google map app?? If so does apple make money off of apps bought on iphones?? Cause maybe it's more profitable to make money off of some people getting the google maps aps than putting a lot of money into making apple maps better than google. Cause I'm sure it's only a small majority of iPhone consumers that truly care

Just found out my little 12 year old cousin is getting his 5 tomorrow.
I'm extra jelly. >: :smh:
I might have to wait about a week to get mine, AT&T dude said they won't have enough. :stoneface: :smh:
That **** ain't cool bruh, That **** ain't cool...

You sound like a 12 yr old. :smh:
He probably gets more yambs than you and he's getting the 5, so he's gonna get double yambs when he goes back to school on monday.

Lil dude was trying to style on me, Since we've been talking about this for about a week and I told him I wasn't getting mine tomorrow.

If he's getting chicks, It's because of me. I've thought him everything he knows. :lol:

and I didn't get my first phone til I was 15, Most of my friends had their since they were 12 or 13. I'm 19 now...

Last edited:
Man...those complaining about not getting it first day b/c they didnt pre otder it right away, i cant even imagine what yall whine about in your daily lives

I call Sprint to cuss them out about how terrible their service is, because I have yet to get an email confirmation about ordering my phone last week and they tell me they don't know much what's going on with everyone's iPhone. I hang up on them and as I do that I get an email saying my phone will be at my house tomorrow morning. I'm sorry Sprint.

Just charge it to a lesson in patience, bro.

I got mine this morning. No lines or anything. I just picked it up because I needed to upgrade my old 3 that had a cracked screen and couldn't receive phonecalls. Don't really see what all the fuss is about, just another phone.

If my dad is the account holder. Would I be able to go to the store with his information and upgrade my phone?

If my dad is the account holder. Would I be able to go to the store with his information and upgrade my phone?

pralli not. when i used to have my phone under my parents account they would always call up the account holder to approve/verify any changes. this included lowering data plan, adding minutes, replacing lost phone or upgrading current phone.

Why on earth does a 12 year old need an iphone 5 let alone any smartphone?
This.

That dude must be a master manipulator.
Man...those complaining about not getting it first day b/c they didnt pre otder it right away, i cant even imagine what yall whine about in your daily lives
Complain about the black women being posted in the black women appreciation thread.

I don't see an iPad thread or general Apple thread so I don't know where else to post the following:

There s no YouTube app for iOS 6 the iPad right now. Google is supposedly working on one. It will not be better than the currently available and free Jasmine. Incredible app.

Just got my email from BestBuy saying my phone WON'T BE IN TOMORROW! Could take up to 28 days!!!! This can't be real life

Got an email from Best Buy sayin that I wont be getting my pre-order tomoro >:..Funny thing is before I made the order I asked if I would be able to get the phone on launch day despite it being 2pm and they said yes..

Got the dreaded Best Buy email as well. WTF. I was 10th in line when the store first opened.

Apple definitely overextended their pre-orders by shafting Best Buy.

I've been patient this long might as well wait a few more days. 8)

I'm pretty sure you need to be a authorized user to make changes to your Dad's account.I am on my Mom's account on AT&T and I'm authorized to make changes.Each time I go into the AT&T store or call customer support they check to make sure I'm authorized on her account and I have to verify the pass code on her AT&T account which is her last 4 social security # digits.AT&T also told me that even though I'm a authorized user on her account that I would not be able to add another cell phone line to the account if I wanted to though.

Last edited:
Prordered my iPhone on the 14th and it's still backordered Can I cancel it at the store in the morning to just get the iPhone? It's pending shipment and still in progress

I'm pretty sure you need to be a authorized user to make changes to your Dad's account.I am on my Mom's account on AT&T and I'm authorized to make changes.Each time I go into the AT&T store or call customer support they check to make sure I'm authorized on her account and I have to verify the pass code on her AT&T account which is her last 4 social security # digits.AT&T also told me that even though I'm a authorized user on her account that I would not be able to add another cell phone line to the account if I wanted to though.
how do I become an authorized used.

Dudes, Best Buy is like Finishline when it comes to highly coveted launch day products. Never go through them because every damn time, some people get screwed.

And all you'll get is an email and an empty, angry feeling inside. Eventually you'll get your iPhone when everything is said and done. But it won't be when they said you'd get it. And your money is already tied up, so you wait it out, still empty and angry.

Sorry Best Buy bros...I know that feeling. My condolences.

how do I become an authorized used.

Your Dad or whoever the account holder is has to add you as an authorized user.

If he has time tomorrow see if he can call customer support to whichever cell phone provider you guys are on and have him add you.

Last edited:

yes all you need to know is the last 4 of his social

did it with the iphone 4 and doing it today

currently at my local AT&T store 3rd in line its about 25 people here expecting more to come around 5am/6am

Back
Top Bottom