Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Galaxy 3 came out. 4-5 months the 4 will come out.
Note 2 will come out and the first one just came out. The third will follow in 6-7 months
All the android kids will have to keep switching every 4-5 months for a phone comparing it to the iPhone :lol:

Das cuz Android fans switch phones like we switch up kicks, i wish i had a dollar everytime

I seen a bum wit a outdated 3gs/4 wit a shattered screen thinking he was doing it.

If i wasnt saving for something massive i would cop da euro note 2 now.

Das cuz Android fans switch phones like we switch up kicks, i wish i had a dollar everytime
I seen a bum wit a outdated 3gs/4 wit a shattered screen thinking he was doing it.
If i wasnt saving for something massive i would cop da euro note 2 now.

k

I remember people saying that with the 3.5" screen before.. talking about why do I need a 4" screen I need a phone not a toy.. now you got a 4" screen now it's 4 is as big as I'll go :rofl:  then when the next drops that is bigger you'll say it all over again

and people saying it's hard to fit a 4.8" phone in your pocket.. are you ninjas rocking skinny jeans or que

Your absolutely right.

I swear this is like politics or some ****.

Apple is going to make their screens bigger as the years progress. So will Andriod. Many :stoneface: faces when the day comes that an iPhone doesn't fit in your pocket.

It's mind blowing that apple is even competitive with the best android phones let alone going toe to toe with them. I mean, tech moves so fast... And apple drops a new phone once a year. Once a effing year!...the demand present means they have to start manufacturing months in advance....it's no small wonder that their phones aren't dead on arrival, obsolete the moment it hits the shelf.

wasn't really impressed with it, my sister got it...the first thing i noticed was the difference in weight for sure....other than that is practically the same phone as the 4s.....ill wait it out till they come out with something worth upgrading to.

wasn't really impressed with it, my sister got it...the first thing i noticed was the difference in weight for sure....other than that is practically the same phone as the 4s.....ill wait it out till they come out with something worth upgrading to.

LTE is worth it alone. Now after the 5 I can see how some cats may hold on to this for a while, next one or the 6 is more than likely going to have Voice Over LTE though

What exactly is the point of the bigger screen? Is there a real, tangible reason Apple put it into the 5? Or was it just a reaction to other phones?

Man lets say apple does go 4.5. Damn android will have 6.5 screens and y'all will think you're doing it :lol:

how can i back up my contacts and pics and things like that from my 4S to transfer to my 5? its jailbroken and unlocked too, does it matter?

Just open it and at least start charging it so that at least when you wake up.Your phone is fully charged and your good to go.

Do NOT do this. Letting your battery run from what it comes out of the box in down to zero and then fully charging is the best bet to enhance the longevity of your battery life.

And then when the iphone 6 comes out with a 4.5" screen you'll be blown away amirite?

In all honesty... There is nothing more apple can do for with the screen size for me, personally.

bigger does not equal better.
I remember people saying that with the 3.5" screen before.. talking about why do I need a 4" screen I need a phone not a toy.. now you got a 4" screen now it's 4 is as big as I'll go :rofl:  then when the next drops that is bigger you'll say it all over again

and people saying it's hard to fit a 4.8" phone in your pocket.. are you ninjas rocking skinny jeans or que

Now this I agree with.

Man lets say apple does go 4.5. Damn android will have 6.5 screens and y'all will think you're doing it
laugh.gif
You trippin you going into tablet range now 
mean.gif

Phones ain't getting bigger than they are now.. the Note 2 will probably be the biggest a phone will get.. I ain't going past the S3 it's the biggest I'd probably go.. if the next phone in the Galaxy line goes beyond that I'm jumping to whoever has 4.6-4.8 that's the perfect size

No one will think they're doing it.. it is however nice to have so many sizes to choose from thooo 
smokin.gif

What exactly is the point of the bigger screen? Is there a real, tangible reason Apple put it into the 5? Or was it just a reaction to other phones?

I feel like it's a reaction to the other phones.
I think someone mentioned in the thread earlier that Jobs didn't want the screen size changed from 3.5.

-Drew

I feel like it's a reaction to the other phones.
I think someone mentioned in the thread earlier that Jobs didn't want the screen size changed from 3.5.
-Drew
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The Verge editors were debating it, and Apple usually has a reason that they make changes to their products and the changes usually make sense. I don't see why it was necessary for them to increase the screen size at all. The software doesn't really take advantage of it.

Don't like that most games and apps I'm using and even YouTube has black bars on the sides or bottom/top. :stoneface: :smh:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The Verge editors were debating it, and Apple usually has a reason that they make changes to their products and the changes usually make sense. I don't see why it was necessary for them to increase the screen size at all. The software doesn't really take advantage of it.

I said last yr this would happen when an LTE iphone dropped. See with LTE = More Streaming/Web Browsing, look at VZW all of their LTE phones were a min 4.3 and they had promos like free NFL Mobile, prior the iPhone was a good look up tool, but nobody would really spend 30 min streaming video or surfing the web on it. The industry has changed and Apple sees from the likes of Androids people have no problem with the larger screens. The way they increased the size by going vertically was the safest bet without pissing off the "basic" person who hates change even though they will adjust to it. At most I see the iPhone 6 getting a little wider with MAYBE a bump to 4.3. What me and my cowokers when I worked for VZW were like is Apple needs to drop 2 iPhones at the same time. A regular joint thats like the 5 and than an iPhone XL of sorts with a 4.3 screen maybe 4.5 max, especially with the likes of samsung developing 128 gb storage, that could be Apples way to go ham on the Heavy Geek Media freaks, a 4.5 in screen High End iPhone that prob will retail for 400 or 500 but people will cop still not as much as the regular one which would be there money maker.

Well, if nothing else the extended screen is actually 16:9 now the appropriate dimensions for viewing widescreen content.

I think that was part of the reason for the bump up.

how can i back up my contacts and pics and things like that from my 4S to transfer to my 5? its jailbroken and unlocked too, does it matter?

plug it up to itunes, when the name of the phone comes up under the device section right click it then choose Backup and no it won't effect your jailbreak

Last edited:
Well, if nothing else the extended screen is actually 16:9 now the appropriate dimensions for viewing widescreen content.
I think that was part of the reason for the bump up.
That makes some sense, but there are people like me that think the size of the 4 was perfect. Besides, there are better experiences for watching videos/streaming than on a 3.5-4.5 inch device.I don't think that that's a popular use case for the general population compared to the benefits you would receive from having a smaller device.

Last edited:
I said last yr this would happen when an LTE iphone dropped. See with LTE = More Streaming/Web Browsing, look at VZW all of their LTE phones were a min 4.3 and they had promos like free NFL Mobile, prior the iPhone was a good look up tool, but nobody would really spend 30 min streaming video or surfing the web on it. The industry has changed and Apple sees from the likes of Androids people have no problem with the larger screens. The way they increased the size by going vertically was the safest bet without pissing off the "basic" person who hates change even though they will adjust to it. At most I see the iPhone 6 getting a little wider with MAYBE a bump to 4.3. What me and my cowokers when I worked for VZW were like is Apple needs to drop 2 iPhones at the same time. A regular joint thats like the 5 and than an iPhone XL of sorts with a 4.3 screen maybe 4.5 max, especially with the likes of samsung developing 128 gb storage, that could be Apples way to go ham on the Heavy Geek Media freaks, a 4.5 in screen High End iPhone that prob will retail for 400 or 500 but people will cop still not as much as the regular one which would be there money maker.

apple won't do that tho. they're main focus is guaranteeing the user experience which is difficult for android developers due to the differences in hardware specs across devices. by having one iphone model users know exactly how apps should/will run on their device. hell, it's even the reason that some iphone paid apps are free on android because android users simply aren't willing to pay for apps that may not be optimized for their device. those FREE apps are only available because the iphone exists. kinda ironic if you ask me but it is what it is...

Back
Top Bottom