Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

So do u guys like the phone or what? Big upgrade from the 4S?
It's a polishing of the 4s.

Apple is like the Porsche of handset manufacturer's.  They tinker, and tweak.  People look at the exterior and say, "eh, looks the same to me as the old one."  But all the while their attention to detail and unwillingness to deviate too far from what has worked leads to them slowly evolving a beast that's the envy of its competitors, and the lust object of the masses.

Whether or not it's a big upgrade depends on your perspective.  For me, 3g --> LTE alone makes it a substantial upgrade.

Last edited:
also...is anybody else porting from AT&T to Verizon or vice versa.

If so, is your port completed?  How long did it take?

finally home so i can play with my damn phone

anyone else having trouble connecting to 5ghz a/n networks? I have a netgear router if it matters

i can connect with my 2.4ghz connection no problem

just wondering how do you even know when your connected to your 5 ghz network? Through your router? :nerd:

finally home so i can play with my damn phone

anyone else having trouble connecting to 5ghz a/n networks? I have a netgear router if it matters

i can connect with my 2.4ghz connection no problem

just wondering how do you even know when your connected to your 5 ghz network? Through your router? :nerd:

i have a dual band router. i can have multiple networks. they have different names set.

I have a 5ghz network my macbook pro 2011 is connected to.
i had my iphone 4 connected to the 2.4 network and didn't even recognize the 5ghz.
Now that i have the iphone 5 it recognizes the 5ghz network but won't connect to it :frown:

How many times you or someone you know used NFC this week?
lol I work in the Financial industry, I know everything about NFC, why put out something thats not going to be a norm in the USA for another 3-5 yrs? nobody is going to have an iPhone 5 by then. Get out of here.

I use nfc often actually paying for gas and other small quick purchases, it has been adapted a lot quicker and better where I am (Canada) and I know plenty of others that use it almost on a daily bases. Heck I even have a few smart-tags, one by the door so I can turn wifi on and off as I leave and enter the house :smokin. There quite a few NFC advertising around major cities, and a lot of business and people are buying smart-tags for the use of business cards a quick tap and you now have that persons contact information on your phone or linkedin, website ect...

I noticed a lot of you guys getting the 32GB model, any other reason aside from extra space?
nerd.gif
no
laugh.gif
all phones are the same aside from GB
Didn't even really need the space of the 32 (with ICloud your good with a 16). I just copped cuz there wasn't anymore 16 available and this store was right down the block from the crib. So didn't feel like going anywhere else lol
Alright just making sure I'd be good with a 16GB
laugh.gif
.  Never had an iPhone before, so idk if apps take up a lot of space or what
nerd.gif

Lol call Android a spade and dudes come out of the closet defending it with excuses. Okay Apple screwed up on the 3D aspect of the maps app (turn by turn is fine) but ALL Android apps besides Google Maps are poor. Pick any app and read the reviews in that crappy app market better yet find a ROM that's totally useable since every droid has to be rooted to be great. The same bums in here bragging about NFC probably had to root to even use it. Google wallet to this point has been a failure and even Sprint is replacing it with it's own service.
acgnYYWG.gif

It seems that these are sitting in Houston. Only one Apple store had a line. That line started Thursday night.

Not sure, the different news stations were saying that while the Highland Village Apple Store had a line. There were stores that barely had peps to show up. They were saying the hype depended on where you were at in the city.

I would have more info but my body is not ready.

Last edited:
I don't want apple going past 4.3 for sure.
Eh, they can offer phones with different screen sizes to make everyone happy. I'm one of those people who want a phone / tablet hybrid device. I'd just have to wear baggier pants so they don't feel like they'll rip out of my pockets. If apple and samsung can put out phones with 5' screens and bigger with great resoultion / displays then i'll never go back to smaller phones. I like to watch netflix, hbo go and read books on my phone so i'd be happy.

anyone switch from AT&T to Verizon?

what ultimately made you move and was the right decision for you? 
nerd.gif

^
I did a few years ago and don't think i'd ever switch back to att. I had a 3G on att and the coverage was horrible. I would be in NYC and not be able to make / receive any calls or texts. With Verizon I get coverage almost anywhere in NY, even in the isolated parts where other carriers didn't have coverage. Check out how the coverage is of both carriers in your area.

People are right though when they mention Verizon is a little pricier. I paid $69 a month with att and that included unlimited data. With my new Verizon contract i'm paying $80 with the 1 GB data plan.

tempted to switch to verizon from sprint....we'll see

I did it---- although I love the coverage I hate the minutes limitations. I'm used to unlimited mobile to mobile and this 500 ain't cutting it. I literally tell people I can't talk before 9pm.

My bill is 90 bucks a month too already (500 mins, unlimited text, 2gb data)

I did it---- although I love the coverage I hate the minutes limitations. I'm used to unlimited mobile to mobile and this 500 ain't cutting it. I literally tell people I can't talk before 9pm.
My bill is 90 bucks a month too already (500 mins, unlimited text, 2gb data)

Not taking any shots at you, it's just funny reading this. I remember like 5 years ago everyone was talking about minutes this and minutes that. Fast forward to now, hardly anyone uses their phone to actually call.
My cycle ends today and I've used 530 out of my 700. And that's only because me and my girl talk on the phone a lot. If it wasn't for her I'd be in the 200 minute mark

Not taking any shots at you, it's just funny reading this. I remember like 5 years ago everyone was talking about minutes this and minutes that. Fast forward to now, hardly anyone uses their phone to actually call.
My cycle ends today and I've used 530 out of my 700. And that's only because me and my girl talk on the phone a lot. If it wasn't for her I'd be in the 200 minute mark

last month I went over cuz I had to make a lot of business related calls during the day (which is unusual) but I still needed to do it. This month I was nowhere near it though...

Back
Top Bottom