Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Spent some quality time with my girls i5 yesterday....and was able to get a solid impression of the phone.
Is anyone willing to admit how underwhelming and overhyped this thing is yet?
I was semi-shocked at how frail and swaggerless the phone was.
Felt like it could be crushed with a strong squeeze, felt tiny, battery life sucked, swipe left...swipe right, look at some boxes....that's the end of your iPhone 5 experience.
I really like Apples laptops and I Macs but this phone is a joke. Probably the most overhyped consumer product in my lifetime.

swaggerless? :lol: what does this even mean?

phone is great to me, coming from an iphone 4 like I did. if i you had a 4S though it's not worth it IMO

i know yall been posting the screen protectors... but is there any difference in a $20 invishield or a .01 cent one on ebay?

This is my first iphone. I switched from the EVO4G and I like it so far, still trying to figure out how to do the little tricks with it though.

this phone charges so fast its weird to me

This. But the battery drains just as fast.

LTE is a battery killer. I'm on wifi mostly but dang. I was traveling yesterday and the battery was done within five hours of my trip. Granted, I was playing games, streaming music, and browsing.

I think I'm going to turn off some of my notification preferences.

How is everyones battery while using LTE service? I got about 6-7 hours of usage yesterday with constantly checking football scores and my fantasy team...

It seems the LTE is brutal on the battery compared to 3g on my iPhone 4...

one day I will get my phone...

my biggest complaint is they had them available in the store when I went around 1pm on Friday but AT&T wouldn't let me cancel my pre-order and just buy it at the store :smh:

Spent some quality time with my girls i5 yesterday....and was able to get a solid impression of the phone.
Is anyone willing to admit how underwhelming and overhyped this thing is yet?
I was semi-shocked at how frail and swaggerless the phone was.
Felt like it could be crushed with a strong squeeze, felt tiny, battery life sucked, swipe left...swipe right, look at some boxes....that's the end of your iPhone 5 experience.
I really like Apples laptops and I Macs but this phone is a joke. Probably the most overhyped consumer product in my lifetime.
nerd.gif

How is everyones battery while using LTE service? I got about 6-7 hours of usage yesterday with constantly checking football scores and my fantasy team...

It seems the LTE is brutal on the battery compared to 3g on my iPhone 4...
this and facetime kills the battery pretty fast

does anyone have an exact date when will Incase start shipping their cases. Online it says "early october" but who knows what that means :rolleyes

just trying to get the case before my iphone which is suppose to be here fomr Oct. 9-15.

Bruh I'm ready to dropkick the face of a Radio Shack corporate employee. Still nothing on an ETA for my phone. Makes no sense. What was the point of me preordering?

Link/info for the shields you are using??

My bad man. I missed you quoting me on this.

I am using the Ultimate Clear from Rearth. They are really good as far as quality and customer service. It is even to the point that they emailed me saying that they are sending out new screen protectors because they do not like the fitment of them currently. Mine is on with no issues, but I will take a couple new ones for free w/out having to send the others back. :smokin

Reath Ringbo Screen Protector

I also have the Skinomi Full Body Protector on the way so I can grab the rear part to use once the bumper case I got comes in.

Skinomi Full Body Protector

Bruh I'm ready to dropkick the face of a Radio Shack corporate employee. Still nothing on an ETA for my phone. Makes no sense. What was the point of me preordering?
People should know by now that preordering from places like Radio Shack and Best Buy is not a good idea.

My battery life has been amazing. probably using 70% wifi 30% LTE this past weekend.
You should do a full day of LTE. I'm curious to see how other users numbers are. Could you do this if you don't mind?

There's a lot of posts on Apple and Verizon about people not getting very good battery life. I'm trying to see how much I get today just on LTE with my regular usage based on what I did with my iPhone 4 on a regular work day for me.

So what I'm getting is

If you've got a 4s, pass on the 5.

I went to sprint today and they were sold out. Played around with the demo phone and in all honesty, I can't justify getting it. The bigger screen is cool, but not exactly enough to make the leap. Got another 4S to hold me over for another year.

Back
Top Bottom