Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

I understand that I won't have any phone for longer than 18 months, so I resolve to keep them looking as close-to-new as possible for when it is time to unload it on ebay.

What's unreasonable about that?

I see where you comin from about resale value and all. I just think it's a little excessive to "straight up slowly let it down on to the surface...and its never directly on a table or nightstand, always on top of a notebook or soft surface like carpet..." for the next 18-24 months. Plus I bought AppleCare+ so I'm not too worried about the condition of my phone. I figured I'd just "drop" my phone and get a new/refurbished one to sell.

if u look at it in terms of resell what u pay in insurance and a case and what u sell it for u actually are at a bigger lost.... a scratched up iphone>a near perfect iphone + case and insurance in terms on return of value

I'm not planning to sell my phone in 2 yrs and I was going to buy insurance/AC+ regardless just cause I know my girl will be all upset if it cracked or got really messed up. I was just trying to say that it's really not worth it to baby a phone for that long just to get a little more money for a phone. I would only get a new phone to sell if it was in really bad shape(cracked).

if u look at it in terms of resell what u pay in insurance and a case and what u sell it for u actually are at a bigger lost.... a scratched up iphone>a near perfect iphone + case and insurance in terms on return of value

minus insurance out of that (which I don't use)...and I come out ahead...

with a $25 case...you can't tell me that I won't get that value back vs the same phone all scratched up.

I'm not planning to sell my phone in 2 yrs and I was going to buy insurance/AC+ regardless just cause I know my girl will be all upset if it cracked or got really messed up. I was just trying to say that it's really not worth it to baby a phone for that long just to get a little more money for a phone. I would only get a new phone to sell if it was in really bad shape(cracked).
thing is insurance/case is kinda counter productive... insurance covers drops etc.... so y even have a case... if its messed up etc u could just use insurance and get another... so and if u have a good case ala lifeproof etc its little to none that a drop etc... will make the phone malfunction thus not really a need for insurance.

I agree with u. I don't plan to get a case and I'm not worried about it getting all scratched up since I have insurance. I was just trying to say that in my mind...it's not worth it to baby a phone for 2 yrs to get a little extra money for it.

Had nice little come up today

Had to go to the genius bar to fix something on my iPad. When I was there I realized my 4s wouldn't power off. Dude most of looked at it for 10 sec if that. Dipped off and came back with a brand new unlocked 4s

anyone with knowledge know of anyway i can lower my Tmobile ETF?
mean.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Find something they offer (advertise) that's not available in your area. 

A couple years back, sprint didn't have 3G in the town I went to school in. I terminated my contract and switched to att.

When the letter came in, I told them I left  because they didn't provide 3G coverage in my area. They investigated, and waived the fee. 

Once I get my hands on one I'm hopping on a shared plan with a friend thru verizon. $140 for 2 lines Unlimited talk, text and 2 gigs of data. Comes out to $70 compared to their $90 unlimited talk, text and 1 gig of data.

Broke my 4S this weekend and applecare won't replace it. Going to try my luck with picking up the 5 tomorrow from Sprint.

Keep it real, is it really worth it, or should I just get another 4S?

I upgraded from the 4 to the 5 yesterday, apple store in Cleveland got another shipment in yesterday and I grabbed the last Black 32GB for AT&T.

I love LTE, that is no joke and the half inch to me seemed like a made a difference, very fast and smooth

Broke my 4S this weekend and applecare won't replace it. Going to try my luck with picking up the 5 tomorrow from Sprint.

IMO from what ive seen, read, heard.

its not that much of a difference/upgrade

all it is is LTE and a slightly bigger screen. so its pretty much up to you. do you have LTE in your area? if so id go with the 5.

IMO from what ive seen, read, heard.
its not that much of a difference/upgrade
all it is is LTE and a slightly bigger screen. so its pretty much up to you. do you have LTE in your area? if so id go with the 5.

its a big upgrade, more ram LTE and the Screen is more than enough plus its much faster, I couldnt believe how it made it old 4s look slow, and my girls 4 looks runs like a 2009 droid compared to it. Yea the OS didnt change, but this was a big upgrade. Screen clarity/brightness is better too.

Mos def worth it. It's a whole different phone, totally redesigned. I had the 4S. Loved it. But once I got the 5, I didn't wanna have nothin to do with the 4S lol. So fast, so smooth, and the 4S wasn't even a slouch or slow at all. Its got the A6 chip which is twice as fast as the 4S A5 chip. Not to mention the LTE which someone said earlier is worth the upgrade alone. And the aesthetics of the 5, once you hold it and then actually play with it then you'll never wanna go back. So thin and light, beautiful phone.

its a big upgrade, more ram LTE and the Screen is more than enough plus its much faster, I couldnt believe how it made it old 4s look slow, and my girls 4 looks runs like a 2009 droid compared to it. Yea the OS didnt change, but this was a big upgrade. Screen clarity/brightness is better too.

That A6 chip really made a big difference huh? :nthat:

-Drew

Back
Top Bottom