Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

After searching for MONTHS, I finally found a solution to deleting all the 'other' data that for some reasons fills up my iPhone

I found this elewhere, but it worked for me.

On your iPhone, go to Settings>General>Usage. Swipe the Music line to the left and press delete. IMMEDIATELY shut the phone off-don't exit or anything like that. When you turn on your phone and connect it to iTunes, you may find a huge chunk of your "other" space gone.

When I first did it, it scared the living daylights out of me, but it worked. My other space was quite a bit smaller, but I now have 0.1 GB of other space.

WORKED FOR ME!

This did not work for me!!!! i have 6.9 GB of other data :smh:

i'm with verizon just upgraded to the 5 a week ago on my personal line....today i switched the 5 to my work number....what i want to do now is cancel my personal line and pay the early termination....is that something i can do? or will verizon say i have to return the phone?

After searching for MONTHS, I finally found a solution to deleting all the 'other' data that for some reasons fills up my iPhone

On your iPhone, go to Settings>General>Usage. Swipe the Music line to the left and press delete. IMMEDIATELY shut the phone off-don't exit or anything like that. When you turn on your phone and connect it to iTunes, you may find a huge chunk of your "other" space gone.

When I first did it, it scared the living daylights out of me, but it worked. My other space was quite a bit smaller, but I now have 0.1 GB of other space.

WORKED FOR ME!

This did not work for me!!!! i have 6.9 GB of other data
mean.gif
Did you turn off your phone immediately after swiping/deleting the music usage? I didnt even press the home button afterward. I just straight powered down, waited about a min and turned it on and plugged it directed into my iTunes

Did you turn off your phone immediately after swiping/deleting the music usage? I didnt even press the home button afterward. I just straight powered down, waited about a min and turned it on and plugged it directed into my iTunes
went from 1.6 to 3.1.. not that big of a difference but still :smokin

edit; nevermind.. lost all my music. so had to add them back to my phone. ended back to 1.8

Last edited:
How much would a black 16 gb 4s cost me :nerd: .. i just cracked the screen on my 3gs and I need something until my upgrade in February

im on AT&T

WORKED FOR ME!

Thanks, it worked this time, what a random thing to do, apple needs to fix this issue

Edit: It worked but then when I went to play a song, it would just skip bunch of songs and not play anything. So I tried to resync all the music and it brought back 7.1 GB of other data.

Last edited:
didn't work for me either. it just deleted all my music. i'm on iOS 6.1. :\

i did a restore and went from ~2GB to ~0.6GB of Other Data, though.

Just got the new 5 today....Anybody rocking the lifeproof case??? feedback??
yea... one make sure you do the water immersion and dirt test first before using it with the phone.... also the screw cap that seales the headjack on the bottom make sure its completly sealed... also a tid bit of advice it will make the phone signal weaker and calls arent as clear, but to solve that just use the sealed headphone jack extension.... the long cable oddly enough acts as like a antannae and it helps with call clarity. also the touchscreen doesnt work underwater, so if you wanna take pics etc.... set it up before underwater and use the volume buttons for controls... also warm water and like a shimmy is best to use to clean/dry the case. ... oh yeah make sure the tab for the charger connect is snapped and fully sealed

yea... one make sure you do the water immersion and dirt test first before using it with the phone.... also the screw cap that seales the headjack on the bottom make sure its completly sealed... also a tid bit of advice it will make the phone signal weaker and calls arent as clear, but to solve that just use the sealed headphone jack extension.... the long cable oddly enough acts as like a antannae and it helps with call clarity. also the touchscreen doesnt work underwater, so if you wanna take pics etc.... set it up before underwater and use the volume buttons for controls... also warm water and like a shimmy is best to use to clean/dry the case. ... oh yeah make sure the tab for the charger connect is snapped and fully sealed

That's too extra for a phone case imo

WORKED FOR ME!

Thank you based god 1 million reps for you I've been looking for months and it kept getting worse, I went from 4.6 gb of other to 220 mb of other

That's too extra for a phone case imo
lol yeah kinda seems that way but after seeing/checking out all the other slim/thin cases... being able to use while swimming/dirt/snow/anti shock... had to go with it. i have an otterbox (black) its cool and all but the casing makes the phone like 4 times as heavy and adds like 2 inches of thickness

WORKED FOR ME!

Thanks, it worked this time, what a random thing to do, apple needs to fix this issue

Edit: It worked but then when I went to play a song, it would just skip bunch of songs and not play anything. So I tried to resync all the music and it brought back 7.1 GB of other data.

Yup songs skipped then I re-synced and the other came back feelsbadman.gif

phones been acting kind of slow not wanting to wake, i have to hold the power button a little bit longer for it to react, havent dropped it or anything

Anybody know if this will get addressed, I even restored my phone and did not work. I guess you have to restore the phone as new phone and then bring stuff from backup...what a pain

WORKED FOR ME!

Yup songs skipped then I re-synced and the other came back feelsbadman.gif

phones been acting kind of slow not wanting to wake, i have to hold the power button a little bit longer for it to react, havent dropped it or anything
Mine does this from time to time. I press the button and get no screen wake until i press it a couple of times

Pls help me

I'm a new sprint customer and I bought the iphone 5 in October

I want to cancel it and go back to AT&T or try Verizon. Sprint service in NY is disgusting. I have no problem paying the termination fee

Would I be able to keep my phone and number and switch to a different carrier?

Pls help me
I'm a new sprint customer and I bought the iphone 5 in October
I want to cancel it and go back to AT&T or try Verizon. Sprint service in NY is disgusting. I have no problem paying the termination fee
Would I be able to keep my phone and number and switch to a different carrier?

You can keep your number but that Sprint phone is pretty much useless outside of Sprint. You can't activate it on Verizon. I'm not sure if there is a Gevey sim that works for the iPhone 5 yet. Even if you went back to AT&T the LTE wouldn't work on that phone. Sprint does the most to make sure you can't use their phones on another carrier. They even embed the sim cards on their Android phones smh.

Wow so I'm stuck with a pos sprint iphone 5

I was warned about this but I was so thirsty to cop and these were all that were left

Back
Top Bottom