Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

If I'm doing my calculations right, A 32 GB iPhone 5 is going to cost me $631.80, But after I get $300 for this 4S, It's just $331.80 out of my pocket.

I hope I'm doing them right. :wow: :nerd: :lol:

32gb is 749$

He's talking about on 2 year contract $299 32GB + $250 renew contract + $36 = $585. The $631.80 includes tax. 

So am I right? :nerd:

167t3k8.jpg

damn my upgrade is in February.. I thought this meant I just had an early upgrade and it was $250 + 36, not $286 + $199 :smh:

That whole thing with VERIZON and SPRINT is not a big deal to me. I've never been in situation where I had to surf the web while on the phone. WHO DOES THAT?

That whole thing with VERIZON and SPRINT is not a big deal to me. I've never been in situation where I had to surf the web while on the phone. WHO DOES THAT?
-ive had to talk to someone and text someone else at the same time
- have also looked for directions and talked to someone at the same time
-argued over something with who i was talking to and googled or wikipedia'd the info while on the phone with the person
-also talking to my girl and looked up movie times. i actually do it alot without thinking about it with at&t

Last edited:
I finally skimmed through that keynote.

Damn, iphone 5 seems like a great phone.

$850 for the unlocked 64gb.

b27ffb18_1324690418001.jpeg

*looks for campus job*

I bought my iPhone 4 in July 2010 under AT&T. Why when I check my eligibility I get an early upgrade price for January 2013 when I never renewed my contract :rolleyes

I honestly don't know why people who support Droid come in and bash on the iPhone. Also I don't understand why people are disappointed. What do you expect? A phone that will clean your room? It improved on all features and has an amazing battery life.

Now, my upgrade is eligible on 10/13/12, you think VZW will let me go early when this comes out? Also anyone use the share everything plan? I really don't want to switch to that. But I also don't want to pay full price $600+ for a phone :frown:

I honestly don't know why people who support Droid come in and bash on the iPhone. Also I don't understand why people are disappointed. What do you expect? A phone that will clean your room? It improved on all features and has an amazing battery life.

Now, my upgrade is eligible on 10/13/12, you think VZW will let me go early when this comes out? Also anyone use the share everything plan? I really don't want to switch to that. But I also don't want to pay full price $600+ for a phone :frown:

No VZW wont let you upgrade early to an iPhone, an android device is another story. And do you have unlimted now? When you upgrade they will make you go to the 30 dollar 2gb plan by default or you have the option of going to a share everything. If you have less than 4 lines its not worth it.

does Verizon still offer that 4gb LTE data plan for single lines?

please sumbody respond :frown:

double the data ended in June before the GS3 dropped.

if you are on a non share plan you can do 2 for 30 5 for 50 10 for 80, or add 20 dollars to any of those and get an extra 2gb plus hot spot, or you can go to a share plan.

also, Am I going to have to pay upfront or will they just add the price on my bill? I'm eligible for an upgrade and wanted to know how they At&t going to go about it
You pay upfront.  If you're eligible for upgrade, it's 199.  If you're doing an early upgrade it's 199 + 250 for a total price of 450.  

My question to many of you is why would someone buy my iPhone 4S 16GB which is still 8/10 condition for say $325 when they can buy the new iPhone 5 for that price?

My question to many of you is why would someone buy my iPhone 4S 16GB which is still 8/10 condition for say $325 when they can buy the new iPhone 5 for that price?

Most of those people don't want to sign a 2 year contract.

So it's not costing the same as the iPhone 5.

Last edited:
The new 5 would be $650 without a contract so that's probably why.

double the data ended in June before the GS3 dropped.
if you are on a non share plan you can do 2 for 30 5 for 50 10 for 80, or add 20 dollars to any of those and get an extra 2gb plus hot spot, or you can go to a share plan.
thanks man 
nthat.gif

this makes things tuff because im on a single plan and i pay about 90 bucks on att for 450min/unl. texts/3gb of data for an iphone 4 

if i do the math with Verizon id get 450min/unl. text/2gb of data(plus 2gb more for hotspot) its looking like 110 plus tax 
mean.gif

This might be a dumb question but should I go as soon as they open to my local AT&T store for a pre-order?

damn I really can't decide. black or white?

I've always had black phones so i wanted to switch it up but the black all around looks so clean.

damn I really can't decide. black or white?
I've always had black phones so i wanted to switch it up but the black all around looks so clean.

I think Im going with Black.

The White iPhone 4/4s was that deal, but that black is soooooo clean, thinking about a Gold bumper or some kind of Gold Case if I even rock a case on it besides the Mophie.

I`m setting my alarm for 245, hopefully this is quick so I can go back to bed.

Most of those people don't want to sign a 2 year contract.
So it's not costing the same as the iPhone 5.

4s is a TRUE world phone which alone will keep its resale value. Alot of people in other countries buy em, then you got people who dont have upgrades and their phones were damaged that need devices, etc.

On the Low I was thinking about copping 2 and selling one, but I dont wanna go threw that hassle.

thanks man :nthat:

this makes things tuff because im on a single plan and i pay about 90 bucks on att for 450min/unl. texts/3gb of data for an iphone 4 

if i do the math with Verizon id get 450min/unl. text/2gb of data(plus 2gb more for hotspot) its looking like 110 plus tax :smh:

if you do that you might as well get on the share plan, the way I been saying money with VZW is I took off unlimeted text. everyone I talk to has an iphone, and twitter has taken over, so I only send about 200 or less text a month.

And I have wifi at the crib so I only end up using 1-1.5gb a month in Data. If you got some friends you trust with your life, what people use to do is open a family plan with their closest friends/family and split that, you end up paying 50-60 bucks a month if you guys freak it right. But like I said you gotta trust em because I seen the other users screw the primary account holders over before by just bouncing on them.

Back
Top Bottom