Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Apple care one time fee $100 has a lower deductible $50.00 or sometimes free and 2 claims a year I believe and only lasts 2 years . Verizon total coverage is $10.00 a month and $169.99 deductible and 2 claims a year but it's available as long as you have the phone. AppleCare is the better deal it seems if you're only keeping the phone 2 years or less.

AppleCare is great especially with working on a construction site. Ive received many free iPhones after walking in with a completely shattered phone.

My only concern is about losing the phone. With my job I'm carrying my personal phone, job phone and the job site walkie. So there are times I have just left my phone somewhere. Probably just put AppleCare and the TEC on it. Tired of paying 500 for a phone when I lose one :smh:

Last edited:
iOS will always need less processing power to achieve comparable performance to android phones because it runs native code as opposed to a linux based kernel with a java emulator running on top. There is no real need to switch to quad core for apple.

Much of the reason windows phone 7 won't be getting updated to windows 8 is because they are switching kernels to run more native code to improve performance, still is more efficient than android though thats why you still don't see quad core on windows phone.

And btw, all you VZW and AT

I agree.  Competition is good...If you're actually competing.  T-mobile isn't.  The most anticipated phone ever just released and T-mobile doesn't even get it.

Even if you unlock and go to T-mobile....no LTE for you.

That's competing in a manner on par to how the Bobcats compete in the NBA.

I'm all for more competition and the resulting cheaper options, but it has to be an equivalent or similarly featured option.  T-mobile is a decent option, but without LTE it's a non-starter for me.

LTE is coming, and yes, it'll be compatible with the iPhone 5. So yes, you'll have to wait for LTE if you cop right away. But it will be there in 2013.

So is Sprint really competing with AT&T and VZW just because they got the iPhone?

welp went with verizon 64gb black im gonna apply the 20% off i get from my dad, i went with the 4gb of data with my discount should be 96$ monthly the guy said should i keep that plan or go with less data? the guy said i can change it when i get my phone...im not sure how much i plan to use...i got the oct 5th shipping estimate tho

lucky is that 1.99 extended warranty any good? or can i scrap it? hope i like verizon been with tmobile forever

welp went with verizon 64gb black im gonna apply the 20% off i get from my dad, i went with the 4gb of data with my discount should be 96$ monthly the guy said should i keep that plan or go with less data? the guy said i can change it when i get my phone...im not sure how much i plan to use...i got the oct 5th shipping estimate tho
lucky is that 1.99 extended warranty any good? or can i scrap it? hope i like verizon been with tmobile forever

I always say get the 1.99 extended warranty always, I use to tell customers you can control if you drop ya phone or lose it but if you wake up one day and ya sound don't work you'll be covered and 2 bucks ain't nothing. Now the insurance I keep it even though Im good with my phones but you never know, Like I said not getting the minimum 2 dollar extended warranty is just being cheap the the full TEC for the insurance and extended is a personal call.

Trust me you're gonna love Verizon ,just understand its not cheap and you'll be good, vzw will take care of you just make sure you get full disclosure every time you do something, because customers use to stay looking sick saying they didn't know about something when in reality they probably weren't listening when their rep was helping them initially.

Make sure you pay your bill on time for the first 6 months so you can get the bill to account feature, comes in handy when you cop phones full retail and have the other phone on eBay.

Oh and your first bill is going to be high as heck because vzw bills in advance unlike tmobile where they bill you current. And any discou t you add will take 1-2 bill cycles so don't expect it anytime soon to reflect on a bill.

Yea I joined Verizon like 6 months ago and only had one problem. I told the Rep I wanted the 900 min,unlimited text. He told me that there was a 5 gig plan with the mobile hotspot so I said yea. Prints out the right paperwork I sign and I'm out. About a week later I get a text that says I used 80% of my data :smh:. I call Verizon and they took care of it ASAP. Store rep put me on a 1 gig 400 min plan or something like that smh. Rep on the phone fixed it 123 and gave me the plan I wanted and also gave me a discount on any data overage for 12 month :smokin

So my mother and sister are eligible for a phone upgrade. They just using your regular cell phone. I want to get 2 iphones thru their lines for the sole purpose of reselling them since they don't need it or want it. And take that money made and buy some other phones for them. Question is do I have to get a data plan when for those 2 lines? If so can I cancel those plans right away or is there some contact with those?

Does Verizon not offer individual plans?

I just went on their website curious to see what's what about them because this dude LuckyLuchiano is hyping them up and I tried looking at their individual plans and they don't have single plans... just shared plans.

What the **** kind of **** is that :smh:

I'm good with Sprint... I know many on here complain about them, but I'm happy as hell with them never have any problems and the one or two times that I did they took care of everything right away.

Man you dudes is bugging paying monthly cell phone bills that cost more than your cable/internet/landline monthly bill :smh:

I don't care that something I'm looking up on the Internet of my phone will load a couple of seconds or a minute or two faster... I can wait.

On my Evo 4G whenever I switched it over to WiiMax to view youtube videos or anything else that feature always, and still does, work promptly and properly.

I'm riding with my SERO Premium Plan on Sprint on until the fan belt stops running 8)

AppleCare intrigues me. I've lost my phone once this year and dropped it more times than I can remember.

To those who keep their iPhones nude, what type of insurance, if any, are you using? On the flipside, those who have had AppleCare, have you ever had to use it?

Last edited:
Apple care one time fee $100 has a lower deductible $50.00 or sometimes free and 2 claims a year I believe and only lasts 2 years . Verizon total coverage is $10.00 a month and $169.99 deductible and 2 claims a year but it's available as long as you have the phone. AppleCare is the better deal it seems if you're only keeping the phone 2 years or less.

does Apple Care cover lost/stolen phones? I was told Verizon's TEC covers everything, that's why I went with that.

Also I agree with you guys saying that it was a hard choice picking a color lol. I have a white 4S now and I was initially going to get the white 5. Until I saw that aluminum backing and that was the deal breaker.

Batman Black 32GB BOSS!

I got the order confirmation email but no delivery date. Anyone preorder from VZW?

AppleCare intrigues me. I've lost my phone once this year and dropped it more times than I can remember.
To those who keep their iPhones nude, what type of insurance, if any, are you using? On the flipside, those who have had AppleCare, have you ever had to use it?

Ive had AppleCare since day 1. If you drop your phone or damage it they will fix it. Most of the time they just will replace it. It's $50 when you go but sometimes you'll catch a cool employee and get charged nothing. I also rock my phone nude

Ive had AppleCare since day 1. If you drop your phone or damage it they will fix it. Most of the time they just will replace it. It's $50 when you go but sometimes you'll catch a cool employee and get charged nothing. I also rock my phone nude

Cool. Thanks for the insight. On the fence. I have 30 days to decide though, so that offers a little peace of mind.

Last edited:
I got the order confirmation email but no delivery date. Anyone preorder from VZW?

i did this afternoon my email says oct 5th, i asked if it ship before he said theres a high possibility they are just giving that date

im probably gonna cop apple care if it protects drops

Last edited:

So if I want a new one I have to absolutely shatter it? I'm thinking about getting a new one then selling it

It doesn't have to be completely shattered. As long as something is wrong they will help you.

The good thing with AppleCare is that they cover water damage now

When I spoke to the rep earlier today he said my order information has a delivery date of the 21st. But I just haven't see that in an email or anything as of yet..

What's a white 4S 32GB Verizon (Unlocked for T-Mobile) going for? Holding on to this until the 5 arrives and I jump ship to VZW..:smokin:smokin:smokin

So, I'd be saving $50 with AppleCare+ rather than just taking my damaged phone into an Apple Store and getting a replacement for $200? Of course, the savings go up to $250 if I were to damage my phone again, but I don't foresee such a thing happening.

Thinking of just saving that $100 now for maybe a case and pocketing the $200 as well. We'll see.

Last edited:
When I spoke to the rep earlier today he said my order information has a delivery date of the 21st. But I just haven't see that in an email or anything as of yet..

What's a white 4S 32GB Verizon (Unlocked for T-Mobile) going for? Holding on to this until the 5 arrives and I jump ship to VZW..:smokin:smokin:smokin

i thought cdma iphones dont have the sim card thing on the side? :nerd:

nude iPhone + no Applecare....never had a hassle or broken iPhone.

To my people complaining abut the upgrade check your job benefits because i know some company waive the upgrade fee.
FedEx waives everyone of my upgrade fees and discount my bill.

Last edited:
idk what carriers you guys have but that played a part in me going with Verizon over the other companies, their $10.99-$11.99 insurance covers EVERYTHING (LOST, STOLEN, CRACKED SCREEN, WATER DAMAGE). I even gave them a call back this morning to verify what it covers, and asked if i would still need Apple Care and he said no.

what i don't like about the verizon TEC is that if something goes wrong / need to file a claim, you don't do it with verizon. you do over the phone / thru mail with asurion. the verizon reps I've dealt with have always turned me away from the VZW stores and said i needed to get on phone with asurion and deal with them since verizon (or the VZW rep) didn't fulfill any of the insurance requests.

at least with applecare, i'm deal with apple / apple stores.

I have AT&T.. didnt have insurance on my 4 so it was done when i dropped it in the toilet :smh:

Planning on getting this 5, anybody know about AT&Ts insurance? Should i get applecare?

Back
Top Bottom