Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

i still have my last Verizon "New Every Two credit" (my current smartphone is 3 years old) up for grabs, but i'm going back and forth with Verizon. They say it's $50 off, but it's always been $100 since I have a smartphone and data plan . . .

Was it 100 dollars when you checked before or are you assuming it was 100 from your last upgrade. I've only seen 100 NE2 credits on people who had basic phones forever accounts.

I've gotten the NE2 $100 from my last 2 phones which have all been smartphones / plans with "Smartphone Email & Data Unlimited". And once NE2 went away, the last time I spoke with a rep said, I could still claim my last $100 credit. so I'm hoping to get it again this last time . . .

Apple has starting shipping orders anyone that ordered from apple go to ups and go to track by reference and put in your phone number and if your order has shipped it will show up

And btw, all you VZW and AT&T dudes should want to keep TMO around. Why? Once they're gone, what lower-priced company do they have to compete with? Competition is good.

It cracks me up seeing people hype up their overpriced carrier, as if there is some nobility in paying more for cellphone service. The more people who don't adopt that attitude and realize that getting bent over monthly isn't what's poppin', the better off everyone will be because more people will demand better rates. Hell, even TMO is overpriced when you compare some of their rates to prepaid plans with the same coverage.

But somehow, Americans got it twisted and we see it as a status symbol that we're privileged enough to pay almost $100/month for a single line of cell service.

You're right, competition IS good. I don't want to see TMO gobbled up by either VZW or AT&T. I'd love to see TMO team up with Sprint or another non-VZW/AT&T carrier so there's another legitimate 3rd competitor to VZW and AT&T. I want to see VZW and AT&T start making fees and plans lower and competitive to the other guys.

But when manufacturers like Apple and Samsung release the same phones (iPhone, Galaxy S III, Nexus, etc) to multiple carriers, the only deciding factor when choosing among them is the network. The best / cheapest calling plan / data plan doesn't mean a thing unless you have coverage.

I've been on VZW since they were Bell Atlantic (from the very beginning) in the NY / NJ / Philly area. And through all these years, only the VZW people I've known have stayed with their carrier. All my non-VZW friends have nothing but issues switching back and forth with other carriers because of dropped calls (I don't even know what that is) or no coverage. I'm paying $79.99 a month ($99.99 for 450 mins + unlimited text + unlimited data minus 20% off from work) on VZW and i'm proud to pay that because I always have a signal and I always have internet whereever I go. I don't even have wifi on my current Blackberry Tour and people like to point that out to me and I'm just like I really don't need wifi because I have VZW and I can just go hit the internet over the cell network.

So my mother and sister are eligible for a phone upgrade. They just using your regular cell phone. I want to get 2 iphones thru their lines for the sole purpose of reselling them since they don't need it or want it. And take that money made and buy some other phones for them. Question is do I have to get a data plan when for those 2 lines? If so can I cancel those plans right away or is there some contact with those?
i think apples got that figured out.. when you get an iphone you have to get the "iphone plan" so that grants the upgrade for .. say $199.. now if you get that in store they will turn on the phone and set it up so it's ready to use. now youre saying you want to resell them. well you gotta go back to att or verizon or the apple store and cancel it, and they want you to return the phone. if you dont they will charge you full price for it.. $500 or whatever the retail price is.  someone correct me if i'm wrong. same process if you order the phone online and they ship it to your house.. if they see that the phone wasn't activated yet.. they will charge you full price for the phone on your next phone bill.. 

Last edited:
my contract ends in mid-late october with verizon. Will Sprint pay for that 1 month ETF if i want to leave verizon and sign with them? id be bringing in 2 lines and potentially more a year later.

More comments on att vs verizon iphone service (in NYC) would be appreciated. Going to the apple store tomorrow to see if my cslls keep getting dropped cause of the phone. Verizon cant possibly be this bad.

how much data you using? I mean if its 2 lines, 4gb is the safest bet, but if yall always around wifi you can save a lot of money on the 1 or 2gb, 2 gb would be the most realistic if you wanna do pandora every blue moon, 1gb is if you know for a fact your always in wifi. People always cry about VZW prices but its worth it man, I always say if you going to pay for something pay for the best.

Right on. Thanks for the advice! I'm going to look at it. I think I am going to go safe ad do 4gb since I get a discount through work.

More comments on att vs verizon iphone service (in NYC) would be appreciated. Going to the apple store tomorrow to see if my cslls keep getting dropped cause of the phone. Verizon cant possibly be this bad.

Verizon customer for 7 years only had a hiccup only twice so far. Trust me it's expensive but worth it .

i think apples got that figured out.. when you get an iphone you have to get the "iphone plan" so that grants the upgrade for .. say $199.. now if you get that in store they will turn on the phone and set it up so it's ready to use. now youre saying you want to resell them. well you gotta go back to att or verizon or the apple store and cancel it, and they want you to return the phone. if you dont they will charge you full price for it.. $500 or whatever the retail price is.  someone correct me if i'm wrong. same process if you order the phone online and they ship it to your house.. if they see that the phone wasn't activated yet.. they will charge you full price for the phone on your next phone bill.. 
Gotcha. Thanks man!

So my mother and sister are eligible for a phone upgrade. They just using your regular cell phone. I want to get 2 iphones thru their lines for the sole purpose of reselling them since they don't need it or want it. And take that money made and buy some other phones for them. Question is do I have to get a data plan when for those 2 lines? If so can I cancel those plans right away or is there some contact with those?
No, the only he'd have to pay full price for the phones is if he cancelled the lines. He's upgrading two current lines so he won't be cancelling them. 

To answer your question, yes, you'd have to get a data plan for those to phones. But, once you switch back to the old phones (assuming they're not smart phones), you can change the data plan back. 

I have AT&T.. didnt have insurance on my 4 so it was done when i dropped it in the toilet :smh:

Planning on getting this 5, anybody know about AT&Ts insurance? Should i get applecare?

If you get AT&T insurance covers theft, loss, etc while Apple care usually covers issues with the phone itself I believe.

When I get the iphone5 I'm rocking it nude myself...forget covering it up. 

Had the 4 covered up from launch day until about July...now it's naked and I should have been rocking it like this from the beginning. 

So I didn't get to pre-order - I kind of like going in the stores any picking them up my self

When would be the best time do this? Def. not on release date because they'll be a line - maybe start of October?

When I get the iphone5 I'm rocking it nude myself...forget covering it up. 

Had the 4 covered up from launch day until about July...now it's naked and I should have been rocking it like this from the beginning. 

I've been really considering going this route myself as well.

Doesn't look like I'll get my iphone until October.

Any chance its ships earlier? Ordered mine at like 2AM on the 14th.

Code:
Verizon customer for 7 years only had a hiccup only twice so far. Trust me it's expensive but worth it .

I have it brah. Got my 4s with verizon in november and sonce then literally 75% of my calls get dropped. 95% inside my apartment. So i have to figure out if its the phone or coverage before friday.

A naked phone seems like a good option if you, like me, never drop your phone, but at the end of the day I consider it best to have some protection on there.  Simply because, even if it never gets dropped, regular day-to-day use is gonna cause your phone to pick up hairline scratch marks.

And with the resale value on iphones being as good as it is, I figure the case helps me to avoid those slight scratches on the phone's body and preserve that value as much as possible.

I have my 4S on ebay right now and when I took off the case, wrap-around skin, and screen protector to take pictures the phone looked damn near new.  

The numbers say they had 2 million pre-orders in 24 hours. Not bad.

For people that pre-ordered on Verizon, did they send out shipping info emails already? I opened a new account online and pre-ordered. No follow up email after my order receipt and my debit card hasn't been charged yet. Makes me think I won't be getting anything on Friday :smh:.

The numbers say they had 2 million pre-orders in 24 hours. Not bad.
For people that pre-ordered on Verizon, did they send out shipping info emails already? I opened a new account online and pre-ordered. No follow up email after my order receipt and my debit card hasn't been charged yet. Makes me think I won't be getting anything on Friday
mean.gif
Nope.

Ordered on Verizon.  Order placed at 12:25 am, so I know I'm in the first set of delivery's, but thus far no shipment confirmation email.

Back
Top Bottom