Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

having some trouble choosing which provider i want this time around. Sprint vs Verizon? any opinions? I am with sprint now btw
Depends, all have their pros & cons:

Sprint for the unlimited data and price

Verizon for the coverage

AT&T for the speed

raf - you know how that can be calling in, i think that is luck of the draw. the woman who i got was on point and knew what she was doing and talking about. call back tomorrow, give it another shot.
box - i don't trust att, so yeah i am calling to make sure they get it right. because i know they don't want me to even have it anymore, and will do anything to make sure its lost and i have to select some new shared plan i dont even want. if its a couple of phone calls, thats what it is. end of day its not too difficult.

Yeah, planning on calling again tomorrow. What pissed me off more than anything is that I could hear a third person on the line telling the woman I was speaking with what cornball line to feed me to try to get me to buy the cable :lol: :smh:

Even if it takes a few phone calls, I'm making sure I keep my unlimited data

any special about applecare? is it worth it or is it just useless insurance like what the other carriers sell?
If you have an apple store near you, it may be convenient to go with applecare.

Meaning, they'll just replace most minor things on the spot or send the phone to apple.

If not, this warranty may be more useful.

http://www.squaretrade.com/iphone-landing24?ccode=bs_war_vc_090:HPother

Also they cover more ..... then apple.
how much do you guys think i can sell the 4S for? brand new since i got a replacement phone under warranty, not even 3 months old.
$350 to $650 depending on the gbs.

Last edited:
Best buy will give me $315 for my iPhone 4s so im just gonna pre-order with them and use that $300 gift card to buy the 5. Seemed like a good deal

Best buy will give me $315 for my iPhone 4s so im just gonna pre-order with them and use that $300 gift card to buy the 5. Seemed like a good deal

Uh hold on now. BB giving ****** upwards of 3 bills for the 4s?

I wasn't even planning on getting the 5 till maybe this time next year but if it's like that...

Uh hold on now. BB giving ****** upwards of 3 bills for the 4s?

I wasn't even planning on getting the 5 till maybe this time next year but if it's like that...

only $315? you can get at least $500 for it overseas which is why places like BB are undercutting you. You can even get more than that on ebay or CL i bet. The 4S is still less than a year old, meanwhile you got 2 year old blackberrys that still sell for 400

only $315? you can get at least $500 for it overseas which is why places like BB are undercutting you. You can even get more than that on ebay or CL i bet. The 4S is still less than a year old, meanwhile you got 2 year old blackberrys that still sell for 400

Yea, you can check the trade in value on bestbuy.com to see how much they give you. I know I could probably get a little more on Craigslist or eBay but I don't want to deal with flakes and just like the how convenient it would be just drop by the store and get a gift card. I was surprised it was as high as 300 since most trade ins low ball tremendously so I'm good with 300

Yea, you can check the trade in value on bestbuy.com to see how much they give you. I know I could probably get a little more on Craigslist or eBay but I don't want to deal with flakes and just like the how convenient it would be just drop by the store and get a gift card. I was surprised it was as high as 300 since most trade ins low ball tremendously so I'm good with 300

And PayPal :smh:

We're talking about used cell phones right? I guess I had no idea.

SMH, just went to ATT and i asked if i can upgrade. Technically i can because i bought the iPhone 4 2 years ago so i am eligible.

But dude said my account has been suspended too many times (i know smh) that i can't get an upgrade.

My account does not say anything about it being suspended too many times, it says you have an past due balance so your not eligible.

Anyone experience this before lol?

If i upgrade via ATT, do I have to pay for the phone right now or does it show up on my bill? I know apple charges you once they ship.

Last edited:
Anyone have any guesses on how much a used 32gb iphone 4 would net me with a slightly broken lock button? Lock button still works its just kind of flattened out and has no button feedback when pressed but it can still be pressed down and lock the phone. Little harder to press then usual but still works. Other than that phone is in immaculate shape, no scratches on the screen, no other problems, etc. Plan on selling it on craigslist and was gonna ask $325 cause i know dudes are gonna throw the lowballs at me regardless of what i ask. Gonna throw in a Griffin case as well as an apple bumper case, have no use for them anymore once i sell the phone.

Last edited:
Via Mashable
Verizon has confirmed that its version of the iPhone 5 will not support simultaneous use of voice and data over its LTE network — and that means Sprint’s model won’t, either.

An Apple spokesperson told Mashable that the “iPhone 5 supports simultaneous voice and data on GSM-based 3G and LTE networks. It is not yet possible to do simultaneous voice and data on networks that use CDMA for voice and LTE for data in a single radio design.”

Verizon’s other LTE (Android) phones all offer simultaneous voice and data use over LTE.
:smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom