Archaeologists find 400,000 year old Human remain in Israel.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

TeamJordan79 wrote:
Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

ATLien Seeko wrote:
Gotta find your own truth.

I never understood one thing about science and the origin/begening of humans... If, according to science, we evolved from apes, at what point in evolution history would you consider it human or an ape? This always confused me.

According to science all earth evolved from the big bang. Once you look at it like that, and not "apes" it might make more sense to you.
Humans are classified as Apes btw.

Ok, but still.. At what point in evolution do we consider it a human being? There has to be a defining moment/element.
I feel you but for me, it definitely is not Adam and Eve.
I personally believe that defining moment has not/will not ever be "found". its like for that to be found, the first humans would have to had be fossilized.

I do believe the first humans were in Africa though, saw a special on it couple years ago.
grin.gif

Like how do we know for certain that the first "humans" came from Africa, because we found some remains there that resemble our own? What about the potential remains that we didnt find that could possibly exist other areas of the world in South America for example. What about ancient human remains that existed and dont exist anymore? Does that wipe out our history? Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. 

That's why you have to find your own truth. That type of thinking will always leave you thinking hypothetically and finding an infinite amount of realities. Good luck with that...
If we use Seeko's argument than technically a dog and cat are one in the same because we can't distinctly draw a line between the two.

Life evolves along a gradient. Its not that they are DEFINITIVELY human, its that they're MORE like MODERN humans than other forms. Thats what it means.

TeamJordan79 wrote:

ATLien Seeko wrote:

I never understood one thing about science and the origin/begening of humans... If, according to science, we evolved from apes, at what point in evolution history would you consider it human or an ape? This always confused me.

According to science all earth evolved from the big bang. Once you look at it like that, and not "apes" it might make more sense to you.

Ok, but still.. At what point in evolution do we consider it a human being? There has to be a defining moment/element.
I personally believe that defining moment has not/will not ever be "found". its like for that to be found, the first humans would have to had be fossilized.

I do believe the first humans were in Africa though, saw a special on it couple years ago.
grin.gif

Like how do we know for certain that the first "humans" came from Africa, because we found some remains there that resemble our own? What about the potential remains that we didnt find that could possibly exist other areas of the world in South America for example. What about ancient human remains that existed and dont exist anymore? Does that wipe out our history? Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. 

That's why you have to find your own truth. That type of thinking will always leave you thinking hypothetically and finding an infinite amount of realities. Good luck with that...
If we use Seeko's argument than technically a dog and cat are one in the same because we can't distinctly draw a line between the two.

Life evolves along a gradient. Its not that they are DEFINITIVELY human, its that they're MORE like MODERN humans than other forms. Thats what it means.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

impossible. the planet is only 2,000 years old.

Trying to be funny and still failed. Nobody ever said that.
laugh.gif
He probably meant 6000.

I believe the Bible implied the Earth was 6000 years old or so.

laugh.gif
He probably meant 6000.

Originally Posted by dCjstn

that's an interesting artifact adding up to the theories we have but we need facts.
a scientific theory is basically fact. A scientific theory is widely accepted to be true.

Originally Posted by dCjstn

that's an interesting artifact adding up to the theories we have but we need facts.
a scientific theory is basically fact. A scientific theory is widely accepted to be true.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

laugh.gif
He probably meant 6000.

The bible never implied that either. It only implies Judaism started 5758 years ago...

The bible implies generations, and those generations are subjective to interpretation. The "six" days it took to create the earth shouldn't be taken seriously, those "days" represent generations and different points in history . There is no way to figure that out obviously, but nonetheless it is still subjective.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

laugh.gif
He probably meant 6000.

The bible never implied that either. It only implies Judaism started 5758 years ago...

The bible implies generations, and those generations are subjective to interpretation. The "six" days it took to create the earth shouldn't be taken seriously, those "days" represent generations and different points in history . There is no way to figure that out obviously, but nonetheless it is still subjective.

Yeah, I was just throwing out a ridiculous low number.  In no way was my post meant to be taken as Scientific fact or whatever.  Sorry for any confusion. My number was entirely too low to be taken as seriously as the much more viable 6,000 number as stated by the bible.

Yeah, I was just throwing out a ridiculous low number.  In no way was my post meant to be taken as Scientific fact or whatever.  Sorry for any confusion. My number was entirely too low to be taken as seriously as the much more viable 6,000 number as stated by the bible.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

grin.gif
What is going on in this conversation?

Anyway im pretty sure we didnt evolve from apes, we just had a common ancestor with them.

wouldn't said ancestor, technically be an ape?
laugh.gif
And like someone already mentioned humans are classified as ape.

there's something fishy about this discovery, can't put a finger on it.
nerd.gif

To answer Atlanta's question, something becomes it own species during the course of its evolution when it can no longer breed and produce viable offspring with related creatures. hope that helps.

grin.gif

Anyway im pretty sure we didnt evolve from apes, we just had a common ancestor with them.

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

To answer Atlanta's question, something becomes it own species during the course of its evolution when it can no longer breed and produce viable offspring with related creatures. hope that helps.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

grin.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Tell that to the Russian scientists who were trying to breed humans with chimps to create super soldiers.

grin.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Tell that to the Russian scientists who were trying to breed humans with chimps to create super soldiers.

Originally Posted by cryptikman

grin.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Scientists used to do so much unethical/ nonsensical $$## back then. I saw a documentary on this and just
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
the entire time.

Originally Posted by cryptikman

grin.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Scientists used to do so much unethical/ nonsensical $$## back then. I saw a documentary on this and just
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
the entire time.

here we go again
30t6p3b.gif

There's so many things I want to say but I'm just gonna stay out of these

Back
Top Bottom