Are American car interiors really that cheap???

I just saw a chop up video on youtube.com and it pretty showed how poorly crafted American made interiors are. What is your take on this? It's pretty sad in my opinion
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

Interiors have been cheap on American cars for the longest, but other companies are just as cheap.

Da interior of da hemi isnt meant for da redcoat or kraut who care more about da interior then da power in da engine.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Da interior of da hemi isnt meant for da redcoat or kraut who care more about da interior then da power in da engine.

Basically. U got cats deleting radio options back in da OG muscle carEra cuz they rather listen to da engine.Muscle car fans can give a crap about a interior.

i say that most cars interior looks cheap, like if you look inside its plastic for dash board, and its never flashy all the cars interior looks almost all similar....

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Interiors have been cheap on American cars for the longest, but other companies are just as cheap.

Not true. American cars have theeeee worst/cheapest interior designs.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Basically. U got cats deleting radio options back in da OG muscle carEra cuz they rather listen to da engine.Muscle car fans can give a crap about a interior.
so true, thats why you see cars havent never changed the silhouette in the cars from the past to present

Why are yall talking about "da" engines? Topic is about how crappy American interiors are made.. Oh, but its ok cus "da" engine is powerful to listen to. I know its a quick way to change the subject cus your uncomfortable admitting your interior is garbage, but come on...

sit inside an Audi then sit inside a camaro. I know the price difference is a lot but yea american cars interiors suck. The new Chryslers are looking nice though

Originally Posted by Yeah

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Not true. American cars have theeeee worst/cheapest interior designs.
Not sure about worst design. I'd say that's even across the board, some suck, some are good. American cars definitely have cheaper material interiors, but that's to keep the cost low. It's not across the board though. A couple of the newer more expensive American cars have better interiors than their German rivals now.

But the main reason the interiors are cheaper is ALL American cars are significantly cheaper than there European rivals. If you want leather dash and real wood trim you gotta pay the extra coin. In Europe the difference isn't as big because cars are already very expensive there, so might as well put it in.

^^
Very nice car, but i'm not even picking that over 2013 malibu interior

To answer op question...yes most american car interiors are really cheap

I remember going in a Jeep dealership back when i was SUV shopping, i saw the new Wangler Unlimited 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
, as i hop in the car and looked around the interior and saw how cheap the interior 
sick.gif
sick.gif
were ,  hop right off and look at the price tag 40k, i just walk out thinking what an half !@#!@ design, nice exterior but crappy interior. 

Originally Posted by i3allistic

I remember going in a Jeep dealership back when i was SUV shopping, i saw the new Wangler Unlimited 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
, as i hop in the car and looked around the interior and saw how cheap the interior 
sick.gif
sick.gif
were ,  hop right off and look at the price tag 40k, i just walk out thinking what an half !@#!@ design, nice exterior but crappy interior. 

It's a Wangler. That car was never know for it's nice interior.
laugh.gif

my cts has a pretty nice interior
ohwell.gif
. I dont know the materials it was made with but it looks 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 1994SS

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif

Ok so what r u getting for 40k an engine and wheels ?? Come on thts why these American compines tanked the veheciles where just to over priced for what was standard , I have had a BMW for the last 3 yrs m3,m5,x5 u can really see they all share a similar styled interiors it's does have flaws yes , compared to what I traded In an srt jeep that jeep had the worst interior plastic dash really cheap leather but a very serious V8 , yes American cars r cheap interiors This has been known for years where have u been OP

Originally Posted by Sourkush

Originally Posted by 1994SS

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif

Ok so what r u getting for 40k an engine and wheels ?? Come on thts why these American compines tanked the veheciles where just to over priced for what was standard , I have had a BMW for the last 3 yrs m3,m5,x5 u can really see they all share a similar styled interiors it's does have flaws yes , compared to what I traded In an srt jeep that jeep had the worst interior plastic dash really cheap leather but a very serious V8 , yes American cars r cheap interiors This has been known for years where have u been OP
 i know its a wrangler ...but holy crap, can you not make its that obvious, at least the foreign car companies try the makes the cheap parts look nice, its all about presentation

First off:  Chrysler <<<<<<<<  Any and everything they make is cheap.
Ford and GM varies in quality from what I've seen.  There's nothing in the new Taurus or new Lincolns I would say that looks or feels cheap.

But you know off top American cars are gonna have cheaper interior materials but more features and hp (in general).  

My moms '11 335 doesn't have common features like heated/cooling seats, navigation, back-up sensors, or lane change sensors but was still 50K
sick.gif
.  The interior quality is on point, but personally I'd trade some material quality for some functional features..that's just me tho.

Back
Top Bottom