Are are the XX1's a good Basketball Shoe?

shoefreak14

Banned
For those who have played basketball in the XX1 how do they hold up?
Ankle Support?
Comfort?

i used my white XXI's all season last year, all summer, and now all season this year, and this summer. probably over 200 games played in them withpractices every day.. Idk how they're still holding up but i love ballin' in them

Originally Posted by ao17

Horrible traction!

ohwell.gif

Mine have amazing traction...

Originally Posted by bjvig414

i used my white XXI's all season last year, all summer, and now all season this year, and this summer. probably over 200 games played in them with practices every day.. Idk how they're still holding up but i love ballin' in them

Agree. These XXI's last for a while.

i wore the xx1 pe a few time

i like em but i also hate them, no ventilation, rolled my ankle in them, and they are bloated.. I have a hard time driving with these

I have the lows and after playing in them once I kind of stayed away. The fit just didn't do it for me. Traction, responsiveness and comfort were all good,but they felt like they didn't fit tight enough.

But I did replace the insole and they feel good for walking, so I might break them out on court again. Based on my experience in a couple of games, I'drather play in XX's or XIV's over XXI's.

i think 21s are the best performance Js. I find the traction to be fantastic and the ankle support is good. The regular ones are a little bulky feeling but thePEs are a lot slimmer feeling to me.

XXIs great to play in. Great ankle support. wore over 100 games,durible. A little heavy but overall the best jordan to ball in

ive played in mien a couple times, the traction was great, everythign about the sho was great. the only thing i probably have against it is its ventilation,and they feel pretty high off the ground which doesnt bother me.. but might bother other people

they are ok... but you gotta lace em up tight or else they feel like boats... not as good as you might think.

Originally Posted by shoefreak14

For those who have played basketball in the XX1 how do they hold up?
Ankle Support?
Comfort?

IMO Support is good. Comfort.... so so. Forefoot cushioning feels rather thin to me. Heel cushioning isn't great, the combination of arelatively small removable air or zoom unit combined with phylon gives them a strange feel.

Ventilation isn't great.

i liked the 21, but personally i like the xx2 better....

but the 21 are awesome shoes

No, they aren't. As a matter of fact, they are one of the lightest Jordan's ever made. Unless you play in socks, these are light compared to most.However, I just don't really care for the feel of them. They fit extremely wide, even when laced up as tight as possible the forefoot allows for sliding.The ankle support is great, but when laced through all three holes they feel like ankle braces (good if you need them, bad for quicker players), and thecushioning in the forefoot felt dead to me, just hard and unresponsive. I got them for $80, but if I had paid retail, I would have been severely dissapointed.I like the XXII WAY better. It just felt like an improvement all around.

^That's strange, I know you know bball shoes too, so it's kind of weird.

I'd take XXI's over XX2's, both shoes which I think are extremely overrated and wouldn't be worth anything without a Jumpman on it.

The XX2's just didn't fit right, but I'm still interested in playing in the lows because I felt like they would be better. The Mids had that offcushioning on the heel, which I felt didn't matter that much, but the transition and court feel was very awkward for me. I didn't feel like I couldexplode at all in them.

XXI's do fit kind of wide. I have the lows and putting a thicker insole in there helps, but I just use them for casual wear. But I think the court feel issignificantly better and I felt the whole shoe to be extremely bouncy and responsive, in a firm way like 2K4's.

Deezy, I agree with the Jumpman statement. I never would have bought these in any colorway except the White/Red/Blk, because those red laces set them off andmade the look like some golden Era Jordans (3-7's). I really don't play in either of them much, because like you said the heel on the 22 just feelsoff, although it hardly affects playability. It just feels weird. I do agree the 21 feels firmer, but to me it is almost to the point of so firm there is nofeedback. I may have to try a thicker insole, but it just goes against my beliefs to buy the supposed best performance shoe on the market, then spend x>$30for insoles to add cushion. And thanks for the compliment of knowing b-ball shoes. Not to kiss up, but you are one of the opinions I respect most here too. Weusually agree on most aspects.

Back
Top Bottom