Are you thirsty?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Who cares? I get yambs.

• Total voters
I'd like to have a serious conversation of the term "Thirsty" and everything about it.

I have plenty of young 15-21 year old females in my family and I was absolutely shocked to hear the things they would talk about and how all these guys in their lives were thirsty.

For example:

"He asks me how I'm doing and how my day was all the time, he thirsty."

"I can't believe all these thirsty n***as liking and commenting my pics."

etc.

Is there any way you could even compliment a woman in 2013 without coming off as thirsty?

It's funny hearing all these women today talk about where all the good guys went out of one side of their mouth and call real dudes thirsty out the other side.

Nice guys have finished last forever, it's nothing new, but "The Thirst" has gotten outta hand.

I come to you NT for an open discussion on:

What is thirst?
What isn't thirst?

I will save my opinions for later, but I believe this is a topic that will be interesting for people of all ages and "maturity" levels to speak on, because the "thirst" affects us all.

They are females, just like males, the like to stroke their egos.

When together and around other females, they have to let it be known they are getting attention.

Just like dudes be talking about how a chick is a *** because she screwed 2 dudes (SMH) and how they be getting numbers. calling all females garden tools - you know ... 

The concept of "Thirst" and "Thirsty" has gotten completely twisted and has been confused with showing initial interest.

And the culprit is Instagram. IG has given these girls too much power. A woman puts up 1387624923 pics of herself a day, and plays shocked that people are liking and commenting on her photos. And she loves the attention, but to not look like a *****, she blames all the attention on the thirsty guys out there. Which makes no sense because if it bothered her that much, she would stop posting pictures.

Ultimately, females are using IG and the whole likes and comments as a means to garner some type of worth and self confidence. And in the process, mistake someone showing interest as being thirsty. Either that or they know that the guys are simply showing interest, but to appear as if their lives are popping, demean the people who comment on their pictures and say that they are their fans, or "thirsty."

But I digress. I'm sleep doe.

thirsty dudes ****** it up

This is true too. The thirsty guys out their fill these girls heads up, and as a result they go back into society with some sense of entitlement, thinking that they poppin' because these dudes were all in the inbox/comments saying this that and the other.

it's our (men) fault for..

309896204_d4331fe2f0.jpg

Pretty much anything nice you say to a chick these days can be considered thirst.. I rarely compliment chicks nowadays because of that..
However, if a chick is cool and not all full of herself I have no problem keepin it 100 with her..

I'd like to have a serious conversation of the term "Thirsty" and everything about it.

I have plenty of young 15-21 year old females in my family and I was absolutely shocked to hear the things they would talk about and how all these guys in their lives were thirsty.

For example:

"He asks me how I'm doing and how my day was all the time, he thirsty."

"I can't believe all these thirsty n***as liking and commenting my pics."

etc.

Is there any way you could even compliment a woman in 2013 without coming off as thirsty?

It's funny hearing all these women today talk about where all the good guys went out of one side of their mouth and call real dudes thirsty out the other side.

Nice guys have finished last forever, it's nothing new, but "The Thirst" has gotten outta hand.

I come to you NT for an open discussion on:

What is thirst?
What isn't thirst?

I will save my opinions for later, but I believe this is a topic that will be interesting for people of all ages and "maturity" levels to speak on, because the "thirst" affects us all.

When a word comes out people like to use it.

Stop chilling with basic birds

With basic vocabulary

That is your answer
You are welcome

the funniest thing of it all is 95% of this thirst is from dudes who give 0 damns

about said girl. as men, we are taught to go after women we find attractive. simple.

so when we do so on social networks it's simply a situation where we're like "damn...she bad...let me shoot my shot"

that's it. by calling them thirsty the females end up caring more about the dude than the dude does about the female.

the dude just WANTS some yambs...the female NEEDS that attention.

and to answer the question: the whole idea of thirst is that you are deprived of attention/sex so you will do/say anything to get it.

so thirst is whenever it's od. calling a girl fine: not thirst. sparking a conversation: not thirst flirting: not thirst

saying "DAMN baby i would drink yo BATH water. I promise you won't have to work again if you **** w/ me" ...thirst.

If you text or call a female 3 times and she doesn't respond and you're still trying to get at her? Thirst.

Its the the truth papi.

Men have been aggressive(thirsty) for centuries

Why do you think now people are going around screaming "THIRSTY THIRSTY THIRSTY"

It is a trend that will eventually die out.

You're being a little outrageous. I have absolutely smashed broads who I blew up their phone. It's whatever. I don't make a habit of it but it happens. Generally speaking, you shouldn't blow up a NEW girls phone. The girls I have turned I had history with

Man obviously if you've had history with the girl and actually already know the girl then that's completely different and not the context I was referring to :lol:

That was intended for guys who just met the girl, and are trying to get at her, or trying to cap her. If you text and call her 4 times, and she isn't giving you any play, then that's thirst to me.

Its the the truth papi.

Men have been aggressive(thirsty) for centuries

Why do you think now people are going around screaming "THIRSTY THIRSTY THIRSTY"

It is a trend that will eventually die out.

okay bro.

it goes way deeper than that. so like i said...copout.

so many things are different RIGHT NOW because of the internet age.

the word thirsty may leave but the idea is not going to fade.

they'll just think of a new phrase. as long as females can put on clothes and make-up just to post a pic

the idea will be there.

for centuries, as you put it, women would get all pretty to go OUT. during their day to day they may get some compliments and they may not.

now it can be a tuesday night and you can post a pic looking like it's saturday night and get 100 comments telling you how beautiful you are.

also chivalry has evolved over the years. women EXPECTED tasteful compliments. these days women are used to either getting treated like a *** or

getting complimented disrespectfully. so now they have ammo for dudes like that and some over use it. imagine if females from back in the day

could embarrass a dude who was hounding her in the streets by saying "get your thirsty *** on somewhere!"

Last edited:
man women are just as thirsty, had ol girl in the bar twirlin her tongue ring at me as soon as i sat down at the bar, i say, 'you thirsty?,' she says 'buy me a drink and find out' 
laugh.gif
 girls be wilin out here, just gotta find the right ones.  girls in your family sound whack

if i know a good lookin chick im tryna get the yambs if not on to the next

i aint simpin though so idk if i would even fall into the thirsty category oh well dont care :lol:

Last edited:
A man who gives no damns cannot be ultimately thirsty. It may appear thirsty to a 3rd party or to the person of interest but in the end if the number or yambs aren't acquired then he will move on. In my book that's playing a numbers game and not being thirsty.

It's all on us. Women are ment to follow and men to lead. Once we lost our nuts they became confused. They out of hand these days tho. Check the Draya thread. Or the I'm a grown *** man but my mommy won't let me work thread. It's disgusting and one of the reasons I don't do social media.

Link to I'm grown and can't work thread ? Lol. That sounds like pure unadulterated foolishness

Back
Top Bottom